Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.0

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much. My favorite Smith's product is their Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is my second favorite.

I actually like the scent. It smells like berries to me, though it does smell very artificial. My little sister, on the other hand, hates it--she says that it smells too waxy for her.

This is a very, very light pink shade on the lips, though it looks like a darker pink in the tin. I like applying this over Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. However, this is not very moisturizing.

Another thing: I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

Also, I noticed that this lip balm is definitely more waxier and thicker than Minted Rose. When I put my finger in this, there's a thin layer of product on my finger, while Minted Rose is like dunking your finger into a tub of Vaseline. You make a dent in the Minted Rose tin from where your finger was, while in the Brambleberry Rose tin, there's only the wax being smudged, no denting. Minted Rose is thinner and softer.

I would buy this product again because I like it very much, but I would definitely prefer if it had the consistency of Minted Rose.

on 1/23/2008 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love all of Smith's other salves, however, I do not love Brambleberry Rose. The smell bothers me. It is odd. The texture is nice (similar to the minted rose and rosebud salve). It goes on clear. I will use this tin, however, I won't buy this again. If you like the other Smith lip balms, you may like this one. Try Minted Rose! It is my favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've used the other Rosebud lip balms and liked them. They're basically scented versions of vaseline in a cute tin. I bought this from Sephora.com ($7) because the color swatch looked like it was more of a plummy color. I was disappointed when I opened up the tin and discovered that it's more of a fuschia shade. However, it pretty much goes on clear so that didn't really matter too much. Had I seen this product in person before I ordered it, I probably wouldn't have bought it since it's not much different from the other ones I have. That said, it is a cute tin and I will definitely use it up, but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 11/5/2007 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Limited editions and I love the strawberry one, so I said why not! The smell is kind of sickeningly sweet and I just prefer the other lip products from this brand. This is probably one of those collector's items that you do not really wear but you keep it for the distinctive tin!

Top Rated Lip Treatments