Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.0

on 1/23/2008 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love all of Smith's other salves, however, I do not love Brambleberry Rose. The smell bothers me. It is odd. The texture is nice (similar to the minted rose and rosebud salve). It goes on clear. I will use this tin, however, I won't buy this again. If you like the other Smith lip balms, you may like this one. Try Minted Rose! It is my favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've used the other Rosebud lip balms and liked them. They're basically scented versions of vaseline in a cute tin. I bought this from Sephora.com ($7) because the color swatch looked like it was more of a plummy color. I was disappointed when I opened up the tin and discovered that it's more of a fuschia shade. However, it pretty much goes on clear so that didn't really matter too much. Had I seen this product in person before I ordered it, I probably wouldn't have bought it since it's not much different from the other ones I have. That said, it is a cute tin and I will definitely use it up, but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 11/5/2007 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Limited editions and I love the strawberry one, so I said why not! The smell is kind of sickeningly sweet and I just prefer the other lip products from this brand. This is probably one of those collector's items that you do not really wear but you keep it for the distinctive tin!

Popular Lip Treatments