Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.7

on 3/20/2013 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The fragrance is what you notice first with this product and you need to like it or not mind it when u use this product because the smell is obvious when you first apply. So you should only buy it after you smell it. Personally i prefer natural scents and the berry scent here is a bit cloying. It gives a slightly pink but very natural colour when u apply. However as some have mentioned, it can get a bit oily looking in hot & humid climates (where I live) so I usually use this at night before bed. This really helps lips to become soft overnight. However when I was using this everyday I noticed it wasn't as effective. So I tend to rotate this with other balms. I have had this for a long time, over a year, and I still have lots left in the tin so I feel this is economical. Overall a good lip balm that will save parched lips.

on 3/20/2013 12:04:00 AM

I adore the warm berry scent of this lip balm. It's not as heavy-duty as Nuxe, but it works well when i remeber to reapply regularly. And I love to apply it while I'm in the bathtub for a moisturizing lip mask. I've even grown fond of the Rudd-daddy tin.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

if there was a way to put this in a tube for myself, I would. I LOVE the smell. sooo nice

This smells so wonderful! It smells like wine, berries and roses and glides perfectly over my lips with no heaviness or grittiness. My only complaint is the container as I hate using my fingers, but that isn't enough to keep me from buying Smith's Rosebud products. I now own four varieties and can't decide which I like best, and all seem to work great though the original Rose feels a little thicker and heavier than the Brambleberry, Mocha and Strawberry so it is my go-to balm for winter or if I've been slacking on drinking enough water.

But the performance of this is fantastic. I smooth some on before bed (there isn't any flavor or sugar so I don't worry it will do damage to my teeth or anything) and wake up with the softest lips. I also put it over some of my lipsticks--yeah, I'm lookin' at you MAC--and it helps keep the color intense and keeps the flakes and feathering to a minimum.

The price is a little high, but considering how long each tin lasts, I figure I won't be buying anything else for quite a while so it all works out. And I have to say the original Rose does work well as an intense hand treatment when my hands get dry and a bit rough.

Overall love this stuff in all the fragrances I've tried and it will be a staple in my makeup/health and beauty collection as long as I'm able to find it.

on 2/19/2011 9:00:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Cheap smell, which is TOO perfumey for me. Moisturizing is ok but can just apply it at night because the finish look like you ate fat meals without wiping your mouth. Never ever purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE my Minted Rose Salve, but unfortunately, this doesn't live up to it. I don't mind the smell, I actually kind of like it, but my friends think it smells like crap. So if you don't like berry smells or that sort of thing, you might wanna stay away. I think that it moisturizes, but then in a little bit it stops moisturizing and it slightly starts to make my lips flake, which only a few lip balms can fix. I like the color though. It's not bad, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much. My favorite Smith's product is their Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is my second favorite.

I actually like the scent. It smells like berries to me, though it does smell very artificial. My little sister, on the other hand, hates it--she says that it smells too waxy for her.

This is a very, very light pink shade on the lips, though it looks like a darker pink in the tin. I like applying this over Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. However, this is not very moisturizing.

Another thing: I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

Also, I noticed that this lip balm is definitely more waxier and thicker than Minted Rose. When I put my finger in this, there's a thin layer of product on my finger, while Minted Rose is like dunking your finger into a tub of Vaseline. You make a dent in the Minted Rose tin from where your finger was, while in the Brambleberry Rose tin, there's only the wax being smudged, no denting. Minted Rose is thinner and softer.

I would buy this product again because I like it very much, but I would definitely prefer if it had the consistency of Minted Rose.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just want to start off saying that I am obsessed with this stuff! I don't know what it is about this, but I can do my whole face of makeup and just use this on my lips and it looks amazing! It doesn't feel greasy to me like the original rosebud salve. It feels more creamy and luxurious to me. I love the scent too, it makes me think of berry and honey, with a little chocolate thrown in. I also like the pinky berry color it is in the tin, but I don't see much color when I put it on. Basically, I think everyone should buy this. I bought it from an ebay seller for 5.25, so I don't think its outrageously priced.

Also, here is my review for the original rosebud salve:
I started out with the original rosebud salve a few years ago. Tried it on my lips and wasnt wowed by it, so it sat on my nightstand for a while. At some point, I got the idea to use it on my nose when it was irritated by my constant nose-blowing during a cold. Lets just say I cannot get through a cold without this. I put it all around my nostrils when they start to hurt and turn red, and within minutes they feel better and the redness goes away. There is also minimal peeling.
I dont love the scent of the original that much, but I keep it just for my colds anyway. I also dont like the overly-shiny look it gives my lips, and the consistency seems to contribute to the lack of staying power. However, it did melt down at one point when I 1st got it, so I put it in the freezer to harden it back up. That could be part of the problem. It also works well to keep your lips moist because you have to breath out of your mouth while your nose is stuffed up.

I loved the strawberry one, and sephora was out of stock so i decided to sample this one to see if i would like it. I did not dig the smell, so I did not purchase it and found the strawberry one at another store