Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got the "luscious layers" lip balm trio and didn't find this to be as strongly fruity as others have mentioned. I am a little concerned the fragrance / flavor has faded because, if the lot code is according to the julian calendar code, the product I received is two years old. :/ The texture is nice, and works fine for both lips and hands. I would recommend this if you are avoiding lanolin or prefer shea butter in your products, otherwise just stick with the plain smith's rosebud salve.

on 3/20/2013 12:04:00 AM

I adore the warm berry scent of this lip balm. It's not as heavy-duty as Nuxe, but it works well when i remeber to reapply regularly. And I love to apply it while I'm in the bathtub for a moisturizing lip mask. I've even grown fond of the Rudd-daddy tin.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

if there was a way to put this in a tube for myself, I would. I LOVE the smell. sooo nice

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much. My favorite Smith's product is their Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is my second favorite.

I actually like the scent. It smells like berries to me, though it does smell very artificial. My little sister, on the other hand, hates it--she says that it smells too waxy for her.

This is a very, very light pink shade on the lips, though it looks like a darker pink in the tin. I like applying this over Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. However, this is not very moisturizing.

Another thing: I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

Also, I noticed that this lip balm is definitely more waxier and thicker than Minted Rose. When I put my finger in this, there's a thin layer of product on my finger, while Minted Rose is like dunking your finger into a tub of Vaseline. You make a dent in the Minted Rose tin from where your finger was, while in the Brambleberry Rose tin, there's only the wax being smudged, no denting. Minted Rose is thinner and softer.

I would buy this product again because I like it very much, but I would definitely prefer if it had the consistency of Minted Rose.

I loved the strawberry one, and sephora was out of stock so i decided to sample this one to see if i would like it. I did not dig the smell, so I did not purchase it and found the strawberry one at another store

on 3/20/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually prefer using this as a solid perfume, the other suggestion on the back of this. I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the minted rose. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, this one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I said, I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

on 3/5/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the original Rosebud Salve, so when I saw this at Sephora I decided to try it because of the cute tin. At first I did not care for the smell...but I now agree with some others on here...it grows on you! I now love it, it smells like pie! And it looks very nice on. Love it!

on 2/15/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As a huge fan of the original Smith's balm I was so excited to get this because of the cute vintage tin, rosy pink color of the balm, and berry rose scent that I actually liked. However, this gave me a terrible allergic reaction on my lips. Within seconds of applying my lips became puffy, bright red, and itchy with a grainy texture. It hurt to move or touch my lips. Even though it was only $7 I am definitely returning this to Sephora. FYI I have never had a reaction from any other lip product in the past.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product! This is the only balm or gloss that actually HEALS my chapped lips (and I'm talking chapped to the point of bleeding). After applying one time my lips are noticeably better within an hour and pretty much completely better within 24 hours! WOW!

At first, the smell and taste were a little weird to me - not bad, just different - now I love that about this product! It's warm honey with a hint of berries and a touch of roses. It's actually become a smell that I CRAVE now! LOL!

Price is great at $7.00 for a huge tin. Because this is my go-to product (especially in the frigid ND winter right now), I think that I'm actually going to use up a whole tin for once in my life! WOOT! I already have a back-up! :) This is a product I never want to be without!

Oh! Yeah - the lid is nice and secure and doesn't come off in your purse, unlike some other glosses/balms in similar packaging (i.e. on10, Cargo, etc.). YAY!

Almost forgot - besides the nice scent and flavor, my other favorite thing about this balm is the gorgeous tint of color it gives! Most balms don't do that but Brambleberry Rose has a beautiful color - light but definitely there - so you can wear it in lieu of gloss or lipstick when your lips are chapped to let them heal and not feel "naked". :)