Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

YUM YUM YUM!!! This smells amazing! The great thing is, the scent is so unique that I'm sure you've never smelled anything like it before! It smells like honey, berries, a little rose, and warm vanilla all rolled into one. It's hard to decribe. At first I thought it was a little odd, but now I am obsessed with it! It also has a little hint of pink to give your lips a little flush, but nothing major. Plus, the packaging is cute. It's large enough that it will last you quite a while. I am just obsessed with Rosebud perfume co. I have this one, two of the classic rose one, mint rose, strawberry, and I just ordered mocha rose! So the only one I have left to get is the menthol and eucalyptus, but that doesn't excite me as much.

on 3/20/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually prefer using this as a solid perfume, the other suggestion on the back of this. I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the minted rose. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, this one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I said, I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

on 3/5/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the original Rosebud Salve, so when I saw this at Sephora I decided to try it because of the cute tin. At first I did not care for the smell...but I now agree with some others on here...it grows on you! I now love it, it smells like pie! And it looks very nice on. Love it!

on 3/1/2010 9:04:00 AM

Ok look, if you think you may not like a rosy berry smell, steer clear! This is unbelievably intensely scented, way way more than ordinary rosebud salve. I do like it, does what it says on the tin, you know, nice and naturally glossy pink lips, but I would not purchase (got it as a gift): it's way, way, way overpriced for what it is. I think my mom bought it mostly for the very pretty tin (which I'll keep if I ever use this stuff up HUGE).

on 12/21/2009 2:41:00 AM

I don't get why a lot of people say this lip balm stink. Mine smell like a rose with berries and petroleum. It smells pretty okay to me. I don't detect the honey smell at all. Maybe those that say theirs stink have a strong honey smell to it. Sometimes lip balms do not smell identical. Maybe I just got lucky with the pleasant fragranced one. Anyway, the texture is slightly thick and pretty much glossy on the lips. I don't like the glossiness of the balm. It has that mineral oil type of feel. It's okay at moisturizing. It does take some effort to get my tin open.. hate that!!! The brambleberry is better than the strawberry balm, which dried out my lips a lot. This balm will last me a long while. The product is an okay balm. I will finish it up, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/10/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I love this stuff!!!! The smell doesn't bother me. It moisturizes my lips like none other and keeps them smooth and soft. I will not be without this stuff!!! I'm going to stock up and buy like 3-4 more because I can't imagine being wiithout it. It rocks!!!

on 1/29/2009 9:59:00 PM

I bought this because I ran out of my Rosebud Salve and I really like it. I like the texture and the smell is alright. I don't buy glosses for their taste and usually just wear it at night for bed. I love it and will buy this one again.

on 9/18/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Uuugh! This stuff is disgusting. I loved the tint but I couldn't stand the taste or scent...much like petrolium jelly and plastic. I gave this to my mom, who seems to love it.

on 5/11/2008 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the decadent honey and berry scent of this lip balm. As some other reviewers have mentioned, it's very sweet and slightly old-fashioned.
The gloss' color provides a faint, rose pink tint and is no where near as dark as it looks it the tin. It's also very moisturizing and excellent relief for dry lips and cuticles.
I certainly plan to repurchase. However, the tin is quite large, and I can't imagine needing a new one for months and months.

Update, 12-2-8: I stopped using this months ago, because I cannot open it. The lid somehow bent in my purse and can't be pried off.

I purchased this mostly because of the tin (it's so adorable and looks like it was made in the early 1940s)... but also because I adore the Rose Salve made by this same company. It's only a few bucks, so I went for it.

This has a bit of a different texture than the Rose Salve, as the ingredients differ a bit. Brambleberry Rose is a bit smoother than the original Rose Salve (this is intended for lips, whereas the other one is an all-purpose formula).

The smell is quite nice-- it was a bit different and unexpected. Reminds me of some sort of nice potpourri. The scent consists of berry (and not an artificial type) and honey! The honey smells like the real deal, as well. I can imagine it being off-putting to most, but I found it quite delightful. It's a bit old-fashioned, but that's what I like about it.

The colour looks a teeny bit intimidating in the tin, but it's mostly transparent. It leaves just a a hint of pinkish colour on the lips. It leaves them smooth and hydrated, and isn't sticky or gloppy.

I hope that this isn't a limited edition run, because I really adore this stuff. Not only does it look cute in the handbag, but it's an excellent produt, as well.

Top Rated Lip Treatments