BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

I used to be obsessed with this but I quickly got over it when I discovered better highlighting powders. It's a really nice colour but the applicator is annoying at best and pretty gross at worst. I find that it gets very full of product easily. I apply it on cheekbones and blend it out with my finger. I no longer really use it for my face and if I use it all it's just to highlight my cupid's bow. MAC mineralize skin finish are much better as highlighters.

Would not blend and it's really difficult to get product out. It doesn't really do much or highlight anything either

on 5/3/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a few years... just loved it when I first purchased. It was incorporated in my daily makeup routine. It's a versatile highlighter can be worn on its own as a typical highlighter on prominent points of the face , or mixed in with skincare products ie moisturizers, creams, foundations to add a touch of radiance. The product has a pearlescent pinky white finish (no glitter), very fluid in consistency which came in a gimmicky nail polish bottle with a brush to apply. This product lasts a looong time. Applied with the brush, I would blend it with my fingertip leaving a lovely subtle glow. It's not over the top but subtle!... not drying and not irritating . It's a lovely product and is great for multiple uses... not repurchasing only cuz I still a lot of product left... this is great for fair skintones, during winter/cool seasons add a pinky blush- very pretty.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was heinous for me. I tried to use it before foundation, after foundation.. didn't work. It was so streaky and would not blend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's super pigmented and looks great but I find it so difficult to blend, am I the only one? I've tried applying it several ways including with a damp beauty blender, a brush and my fingers but none seem to work.

on 2/5/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you like an "in your face" highlighter then this is for you. If you prefer a more subtle highlight then avoid. This product is definitely a personal preference purchase, unfortunately not for me.

on 1/24/2017 12:21:00 PM

This is just okay. I think I got it about 3 years ago when I bought a bunch of stuff at Ulta before I started beauty school, trying to build up my collection. I know benefit has had this for a really long time and I never understood what it was for. But right about the time I stared school is when highlighting took off and I knew high beam's main purpose. This was really the only highlighter I had at first and i've always thought it was just ok. The nail polish type bottle is kind of weird but since it is a liquid, it can make it easier to dot on to the spots you want it on your face. I think I usually just used my finger to tap it into the skin to blend it in. It's like a cool toned silvery pink when blended. I usually tan but I think it looks fine on me. I haven't used it in a long time, though, because so many other things have come out and taken over. The only thing I've ever used it for is highlighting high points, never mixed it with foundation or anything. I'm not too into that idea and I think it would clash with my foundation color. It's definitely pretty and would probably work best on a lighter skin tone but I think it's not the best and overpriced. I am glad I had the chance to own it but if/when I run out, I probably wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this pink toned highlighter, specially because all my makeup is in pink tones, but the packaging is terrible, it could be more hygienic, and is super heavy to carry around. It lasts a long time, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but I won't buy this again since this is not THE highlither for me.

on 10/21/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

As someone who usually loves all things benefit and is a sucker for a good liquid highlight High Beam was a huge disappointment. While it looks beautiful in the bottle and swatches amazingly, as soon as I applied it on my cheeks, with my foundation, it got very cakey and was very visible on the skin... Not a good look. I passed it along to my sister and havent looked back. I'll stick with my becca illuminator.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This highlight is a pretty pinkish colour however I find it difficult to blend onto my foundation as it dries VERY quickly. It also has clear glitter pigments, although I do fortunately like a strong glittery highlight. Its unfortunate this product is so hard to work with otherwise I would have loved it.