BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

This has replaced any past - and future - highlighters.

I feel like it gives me a natural looking glow, and if I want more I can easily build it up - a little goes a long way. It's also not overly glittery, so I don't risk looking like a disco ball. And being that it is a liquid, it blends very easily over powder.

Oftentimes I use this in place of shadow when doing a pale eye just to highlight, and it does just fine. If I run out, I will certainly repurchase this again.

on 9/9/2017 9:36:00 PM

A wonderful liquid highlighter blends and has a beautiful glow

I used to be obsessed with this but I quickly got over it when I discovered better highlighting powders. It's a really nice colour but the applicator is annoying at best and pretty gross at worst. I find that it gets very full of product easily. I apply it on cheekbones and blend it out with my finger. I no longer really use it for my face and if I use it all it's just to highlight my cupid's bow. MAC mineralize skin finish are much better as highlighters.

on 8/3/2017 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a really inbetween product for me. Ideally I would give it 3.5 stars, but I couldn't justify giving it 4, hence why it's a 3. I'm also hesitant as to whether I'd purchase it again too, but there's still lots left in my bottle, so I don't think I need to think about that yet.

PROS:
Colour - I adore the colour of this highlighter. I have pink undertones, and therefore can find a lot of pink highlighters are unflattering on my skin, as it just increases the rosiness of my skin. This however, is a beautiful, slightly pink, pearlescent colour (I feel the picture used on here makes it seem more pink than it actually is). It's inbetween a subtle highlighter and a super metallic one, so I feel I could get away with it both during the day and during a night out. It looks stunning on the inner corner of the eye, or along the brow bone, or the cupid's bow.
Amount of product - I've had this product quite a while, and use it regularly, and there's still a tonne left. A little goes along way, and while it is expensive upfront, I can't imagine someone going through this very quickly.

CONS:
Blendability - As with most people, my biggest gripe on this product is how it blends (or really how it doesn't). I've tried using a brush, but none of I've found work well (the one that worked the best for me was the Elf Small Stipple Brush), and so I'd recommend just using your fingers. I dot the little brush across my cheekbones (which I know is unhygenic, but it dries very quickly and is the only way I can get it to blend in time) and quickly stipple with my fingers. I have to be very careful otherwise I will just get a strip of highlighter across my face, so I certainly wouldn't use this if I was doing my makeup in a rush. This product therefore works better in small areas (such as the inner corner or the cupid's bow) where less blending is required.
Packaging - Benefit are known for their packaging, but I think this is just unnecessary. A pump would be a lot easier to work with in my opinion.

I'd probably get rid of this highlighter if it wasn't for the gorgeous colour. If Benefit (or another brand for that matter) came out with a highlighter that's an exact dupe for this colour, I'd purchase it in a heartbeat!

on 9/5/2017 5:32:00 PM

Powder highlighters dont work for me i have dry skin i wanted a liquid or cream highlighter i liked this as its the first liquid one i tried all others were powder . It does highlight more naturally than powder ones. But as the other this leaves my skin a bit whitish there like it looks pale rather than healthy. So i have to blend it with blush. If i cant find a creamy, not white looking product i would buy this again :)

on 8/2/2017 7:02:00 PM

Really like this product - it lasted SO long for me! I love the glimmer it gave my cheekbones but I have since discovered other highlighting products that are a little bit better and easier to blend so don't think I would buy again. However if I got it as a present I would definitely be happy and use it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was heinous for me. I tried to use it before foundation, after foundation.. didn't work. It was so streaky and would not blend.

on 5/3/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a few years... just loved it when I first purchased. It was incorporated in my daily makeup routine. It's a versatile highlighter can be worn on its own as a typical highlighter on prominent points of the face , or mixed in with skincare products ie moisturizers, creams, foundations to add a touch of radiance. The product has a pearlescent pinky white finish (no glitter), very fluid in consistency which came in a gimmicky nail polish bottle with a brush to apply. This product lasts a looong time. Applied with the brush, I would blend it with my fingertip leaving a lovely subtle glow. It's not over the top but subtle!... not drying and not irritating . It's a lovely product and is great for multiple uses... not repurchasing only cuz I still a lot of product left... this is great for fair skintones, during winter/cool seasons add a pinky blush- very pretty.

Would not blend and it's really difficult to get product out. It doesn't really do much or highlight anything either

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's super pigmented and looks great but I find it so difficult to blend, am I the only one? I've tried applying it several ways including with a damp beauty blender, a brush and my fingers but none seem to work.