BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 2/5/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you like an "in your face" highlighter then this is for you. If you prefer a more subtle highlight then avoid. This product is definitely a personal preference purchase, unfortunately not for me.

on 1/24/2017 12:21:00 PM

This is just okay. I think I got it about 3 years ago when I bought a bunch of stuff at Ulta before I started beauty school, trying to build up my collection. I know benefit has had this for a really long time and I never understood what it was for. But right about the time I stared school is when highlighting took off and I knew high beam's main purpose. This was really the only highlighter I had at first and i've always thought it was just ok. The nail polish type bottle is kind of weird but since it is a liquid, it can make it easier to dot on to the spots you want it on your face. I think I usually just used my finger to tap it into the skin to blend it in. It's like a cool toned silvery pink when blended. I usually tan but I think it looks fine on me. I haven't used it in a long time, though, because so many other things have come out and taken over. The only thing I've ever used it for is highlighting high points, never mixed it with foundation or anything. I'm not too into that idea and I think it would clash with my foundation color. It's definitely pretty and would probably work best on a lighter skin tone but I think it's not the best and overpriced. I am glad I had the chance to own it but if/when I run out, I probably wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this pink toned highlighter, specially because all my makeup is in pink tones, but the packaging is terrible, it could be more hygienic, and is super heavy to carry around. It lasts a long time, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but I won't buy this again since this is not THE highlither for me.

on 10/21/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

As someone who usually loves all things benefit and is a sucker for a good liquid highlight High Beam was a huge disappointment. While it looks beautiful in the bottle and swatches amazingly, as soon as I applied it on my cheeks, with my foundation, it got very cakey and was very visible on the skin... Not a good look. I passed it along to my sister and havent looked back. I'll stick with my becca illuminator.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This highlight is a pretty pinkish colour however I find it difficult to blend onto my foundation as it dries VERY quickly. It also has clear glitter pigments, although I do fortunately like a strong glittery highlight. Its unfortunate this product is so hard to work with otherwise I would have loved it.

It was an alright highlighter, I enjoyed the nice pink sheen. However, I'm not fond of the packaging, and I found that it ended up clashing with my warm undertones.

Broke me out.

Positive points: It shimmers nicely just as how a highlighter should, and doesn't have glitter particles. The colour probably works well on most skin tones, and it did on mine.

Negative points: But it broke me out. And the packaging is unhygienic! Obviously supposed to look like a nail polish bottle, but dipping the brush into the bottle tons of times introduces way too much dead skin, dust and i don't know what else.

on 9/7/2016 11:15:00 AM

Meh. I think this product is average and not worth the price.

on 8/29/2016 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great highlighter. I use it on top of my cheeks and nose and it gives me a gorgeous glow. Would I buy this again? Probably not since it is too pricey for me so if I found a cheaper alternative I would definitely go for it. Either way I now love highlighters.

on 8/20/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I use this only to highlight the bridge of my nose, and to highlight my chin.

Because I am tanned, this very pale and white highlighter works great for those small areas.

There's definitely visible glitter in this under certain lighting conditions.

Although it's a liquid, it dries quickly and you need to blend it before it dries and leaves a visible streak.