Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.3

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

I bought this because of the great reviews I read here, and am glad I bought it! It is definitely a product I wouldn't have tried on my own, because I was initially skeptical of a store-brand. My skin is so evenly toned after using this!

on 9/3/2004 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This loose powder does look quite natural, however, if you apply even a little too much, you will look as though you are wearing powder. I barely use any at all and it does a great job of keeping my gel blush in place and preventing my forehead and nose from looking shiny. This has never caused me to break out. I do wish, however, that the container was a bit less messy. (This seems to be a problem with most loose powders I have tried, though.) Also, I don't use the little velour puff/pad that comes with it--I just shake a little out and apply it with a big kabuki brush. I will most likely re-purchase this when I run out, which probably won't be for a couple years. UPDATE 10/2005: I have hardly used this since my initial review. I rarely wear makeup and when I do, I find that loose powders (or powders, in general, really) just look like powder sitting atop the skin (no matter the brush I use to apply it, etc.). This isn't a terrible product, but I don't know that I'll be repurchasing it, as I still have most of a jar left and I just don't use powder these days (with the now and then exception of my Bonne Bell powder bronzer).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gives a really flawless finish. The best I've found of lower end makeup. My one complaint is that they made it smaller. I noticed that the container was half the size from the last time I bought it. How annoying.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

on 3/26/2004 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

simply love it! blends great! morphs into my skin. feels like velvet!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA. Thanks for making me aware of this superb powder. Overall this is the best brand of loose powder I have ever used. It even beats out loose powders I have spent $30 on. This product is available at Target for only $8! Very finely milled, it just veils the skin so it looks like the powder isn't there, but makes you look like you have perfect skin. No chalky powder here! Also, this powder has no strange discernable smell, unlike many others. I have very oily skin, but this powder does a slightly better job than most at absorbing oil. I ended up buying this powder in two shades (Naked and Flesh) and blended the two to get the best match. I am fair skinned but Naked by itself was still too pale, Flesh by itself too dark. No problem there, I always custom blend my powder anyway.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good powder. It blends well and the shade is good for my LLL/MMM skin color. It gets rid of shine and makes my skin appear flawless. *UPDATE* well I've decided I wouldn't repurchase this product b/c I really don't find it to be all that great compared to some others. And in all reality has probably done the worst job of keeping me shine free of all the products that I've tried.

Wow! So happy that I found this and SK Hydrotint. So inexpensive and sooo good! This goes on so light, but has great coverage. Great for all skin types! The container is small-you can NEVER find a small container for loose powder-so I can take this with me in my purse. The color works well with my tone. The only complaint I have-Why not in more colors? I also have the "naked" and found this a little too porcelin for my face (and I'm pretty pale). SK needs to come out with more colors. Can't beat the cost. I bought naked and flesh to see which would be the better color match. For both-cost of $15. I've spent just as much on expensive powders that aren't half as nice.

on 5/1/2003 11:53:00 AM

This powder is so wonderful...it sets makeup perfectly and never looks fake. The color is a great match for my skintone, but I'm worried that I won't be able to use it when I get my summer tan cause there's not a darker shade available (hint, hint SK!). I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is so soft but it gives a nice, healthy matte finish without being chalky. Also, it doesn't settle into crevices or accentuate flakes. This is my new HG powder!

on 4/14/2003 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This loose powder is great! I like the simple, natural makeup look and don't wear foundation. This powder looks very nice on your skin all by itself - it evens out your skin tone and makes your face "glow". It does not make your face look cakey or orange. This shade matches my skin nicely - but I'm pretty fair. The shade selection is pretty bad and don't think girls with medium or dark skin tones would like this. I don't use the powder puff (included) to apply - I use a brush. You can purchase this only a Target stores for less than $10 ~ a smart choice!

Update...this is a little too pale for my summer skin. I also prefer pressed powder - it's less messy. Oh well, my search continues...

Update...my new HG is Lancome Photogenic Pressed Powder in Light Buff.