Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by skin type : Other
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.7

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Target because I wanted a mineral like powder for the summer. This is a great buy! It's affordable and a high quality product. The powder is light, does not irritate my sensitive skin at all, and there's no scent like the bare minerals line. It's a versatile product too, because I use it alone as a foundation or I use it as a setting powder. I'm so glad I don't have to spend money on the bare minerals foundation when I can get this!!

on 10/30/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this to replace my almost finished BE Mineral Veil. At $8.99, it's not super cheap nor expensive for 0.14 oz/4 grams, but after reading older reviews about how much cheaper it used to be $8.99 seems a bit steep. Anyways, the container is roughly the same size as the Mineral Veil, except the latter contains 47 oz/13.5 g.

The powder itself is very finely milled. Coverage is pretty matte - I buffed this in after applying liquid foundation and concealer and I am not shiny at all. The shade "flesh" fits my skintone just right. I was concerned it might be too dark but it really is "barely there".

For reference, I wear Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE 1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.
continued >>

on 6/23/2004 9:59:00 PM

I was looking for a drugstore loose powder and did not have high expectations...but this powder really exceeded my expectations. It really goes on smoothly without looking chalky. I was using the MAC blot powder before this and find this to be far superior. It goes on very smooth and has a very natural finish. It helps to give you that poreless look. I recommend this. Price is kind of high considering how small the container is, but I'd rather repurchase more often than have a large container where the powder sits for a long time exposed to the air.

I like this product! It makes me a bit pale-looking but it really covers up any oilies and doesn't look too heavy. It's a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore-type brand though.

i love this powder. this is my holy grail. the urban decay powder was actually my holy grail until it caused me many breakouts on my forhead and i was in desperate need for a powder so i gave this a try based on all the great reviews and raves for this powder. i just got this powder from target yesterday for just $8.99 in flesh. this shade is perfect for my skintone and the powder is so smooth. this powder didnt look or get cakey on me and no creasing at all! none of my dry patchy flaky skin appeared through this powder. this powder just melts right into my skin looking very natural. it doesnt look heavy at all. very light weight. since i have dry skin, i use a heavy moisturizer (a large amount of it) and a tinted moisture and that makes my skin shiny but after hours of wearing this powder, i only see a tiny bit of shine. not oil but the shine from my moisturizer. i also bought the pressed powder and it works just as good as this powder. i use this powder at home but i find it too messy to bring out so i would bring my pressed powder compact to touch up only once during the day. sometimes i dont even need to touch up. this is actually my first time using a loose powder and im very impressed with my first holy grail loose powder. by the way, i think its cool how they have the cap as a mirror.

on 1/7/2004 9:53:00 AM

This is my first foray into loose powders (scary, eh?) for the price - not bad at all! Gave me good shine control and lasted well through the day. I do have to agree that the only 2 colors available are a bit light...this will NOT work for me when I'm tan in the summer - but works well for winter/spring.

on 11/21/2003 10:57:00 AM

I discovered Sonia Kashuk products from these boards, and I am SO glad. I love this powder. Been looking for a good loose powder for a long time that wouldn't look chalky or yucky. This one is FANTASTIC and in fact, I'll go ahead and declare that it's the first powder I have ever used that really and truly didn't look like powder on my face. It takes away the shine and evens out my skin, but you cannot see any powder on my face when I'm done. Excellent stuff. Wish there were more colors, because this and "Naked" are both a little light. Nonetheless, GREAT powder.

on 4/23/2003 9:55:00 PM

This powder ROCKS!! Bought on the recommendation of all my new friends on MUA, I am so happy that I listened. This has replaced my Clinique Blended Face Powder as a new HG. It is so finely milled it reminds me of cornstarch with a hint of color. The SK powder brush is a perfect match for the powder. The price is amazing for such a great product (9.99), this product makes me wonder what else SK has packaged in those baby blue boxes...I might have to investigate further.

i didn't find the product shimmery like others said, which is a good thing. i did notice my skin looks more luminous and velvety though - this powder is a great buy and better than a lot of dept store brands. for only $7.99 this will be my permanent choice for loose powder.

on 3/8/2003 1:21:00 PM

Finely milled and airy light, this powder imparts a soft matte finish without looking chalky or powdery. Flesh was the wrong choice for my NC15-ish skin. It's not terribly dark but just the slightest bit too yellow to look completely natural. Would go for Naked next time. As for controlling shine, I actually find I like my NYC Translucent Loose Powder better for this purpose, but the SK leaves a more natural finish.