Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by age: 36-43
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.8

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like all the other reviewers before me, I am shocked at the small amount of product that you get for 10 bucks! I went on the hunt for a talc free loose powder and tried almost every drugstore variety and they broke me out....I honestly really like this powder a lot...it has the qualities that my expensive Lancome photogenic was missing, the Lancome has Talc...it also has tiny microscopic shimmer particles, tha some may love...you would think I would love them since I use such a Matte foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) but I am one that hates shimmer....I know you cannot see it on my face, trust me, I scrutinize my face in magnifier mirrors outside....but I want to look matte when I put powder on my face to set it....I know everyone is different...SK's powder seems pretty matte to me and after three weeks of using it, I have not broken out, SCORE! I will definitely update if I break out from this...but for now, the only negative is the insanely high price for such a minimal amount of product! Shame on you SK!!!!

on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

on 7/15/2005 9:50:00 PM

The reviewers were right. This is a great powder. Finely milled, non-irritating, great value for the money and the perfect shade for me. It also takes forever for me to finish one. However, I've noticed that the size is now smaller so it may not be as great of a deal as it used to be.

on 3/31/2004 2:23:00 PM

I LOVE this powder, but I use to get this product at Target for $8.99 and it was in a fairly large container. Now it's in a very small container (I think .14 oz?) but definitely half the size it use to be for the same price)! Does anyone know if I can still get the larger container for about $9.00? I also wish they made a darker shade, but maybe in time

on 9/17/2003 12:11:00 PM

Finally, a great face powder that doesn’t make me look like a ghost and doesn’t cost a fortune. It works very similar to EL So Ingenious but at a third of the cost! I actually prefer SK over EL. I have pale yellow toned skin and Flesh blends perfectly with my skin. I wore it before I went to Florida for a week (pre-tan) and it matched and am now wearing it after my face tanned and it still matches! It does a pretty good job of keeping the oilies away (not perfect but close) and just gives a great finish to my foundation (and on good skin days, looks good just by itself). Highly recommend this…a superior product! Just wish it came in a larger container but it doesn’t take much on the brush to cover the entire face. I use a brush instead of the puff it comes with……both work good, though. UPDATE: Just went to buy my second container and the container is almost twice as small at the same price!!!! I can't believe Sonia is trying to rip the consumer off like this just because the product became popular. It has made me so furious, I refuse to purchase any of her products (and I even like them)!!!!!

on 5/20/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my powder that I use when I don't wear no foundation. It gives my skin a nice matte finish which is what I love. I also like to use it over my SK hydro tint. It gives it a oerfect touch.

The color is perfect for me. Not to light or too dark.

on 3/13/2003 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have pale gold indian skin & this stuff is great in the winter for my skin tone for every day. Its probably too light for summer (I tan a bit) - I'd love to see a few more shades available. Beautiful light texture & coverage on its own - I also mix it to thin out my prescriptives custom blend which is a perfect color match, but not the lightest finish. Really inexpensive for the fabulous quality & nice packaging (my prescriptives plastic drum ALWAYS cracks & costs 5 times as much).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is magnificent! I like to use it alone, and it gives my skin a nice natural but finished look, or as a setting powder over my foundation. In both cases, I apply it using a big velour puff (a la Laura Mercier) that I got at Sally's. I work the powder into the puff, then "rock" the powder onto my face. No powdery look, and it doesn't get into my fine lines.