3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

5 months ago

Upon application, it looks great on the skin and feels light. However, my makeup does not hold up well with a primer underneath. It slips around and does not last as long. I also do not notice any improvement in the appearance or application of my foundation when I use this. Maybe it is better for those with dry skin that need the extra slip but it's not a product for me. This is just an extra step that offers me no benefit and that I do not need in my routine.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

When I was in my 20s and 30s this was my holy grail primer. It smoothed out all the lines and pores and really helped to make a wonderful canvas to apply all makeup. But in my 20s and 30s I did not have alot of lines and I was so oily that I never used a moisturizer during the day, only this primer. This did make the makeup last throughout the day without blotting. When I turned 40s, this no longer worked for my skin. I was struggling with this smoothing out my skin and everything looked dry. I finally got this to work, you have to deeply moisturize with a skin plumping formula and then apply this primer. But, I have now completely switched to the Original Smooth & blur formula.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

a year ago

I have just started using primers. I wanted a product that makes make up last longer and look fresh until way into the evening. This primer has a very nice soft silky feel but unfortunately it does nothing to make up. It makes no difference on my skin, which is sensitive, prone to redness and acne.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

i bought it cause i read very good reviews from Harper's Bazaar.It was a best seller.It used to help my foundation stay 7-8 hours, but now it stays 3 hours.Dissapointed.I don't know if I will buy it again

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is a great product, my only one wish is that they returned it to having the more robust square plastic packaging that it had about 6 years ago as I am not totally convinced with the new packaging. The product itself is still as good as ever as a base primer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Well i read many reviews here and i will agree either you hate it or love it. Well for me i loved it, it moisturizes the skin, blurrs out perfections, did not break me out and you can also use it on eye area. And it does not have this silicon feeling which i hate. It perfectly moisturizes the skin and absorbs very quickly. I used it together with Estee Lauder Double Wear and the effect was simply WOW! The make up artist of Smashbox made me this combo and it was like so silky, my big pores were blurred, my dry patches were gone...i set it with the smashbox powder. Agree with other readers this primer do not control oilyness neither prolongs staying power but my skin felt comfortable all the time. I love this primer gotta say! I have oily skin with huge pores with acne scarring...and my skin is dehydrated as well! What is very important try your foundation with this primer, every primer acts differently with different foundation. Anyways never buy anything without trying product at least two times. I really liked this primer, i tried other primers from Smashbox and this was somehow my fave. Note-i tried this in wintertime. Cannot comment how will behave in warmer climate!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

VERDICT: This is an AMAZING PRIMER! FOR REFERENCE: -I use the NARS Sheer Glow foundation. Makeup wear time on me remains same regardless if I use primer (any brand) or no primer. -I have acne all year round, but dry skin in winter and oily in summer. So, I skip primer in winter. And, in summer I only wear primer to even out my exacerbated acne skin texture. PROS: -satin finish: not dry flat matte but not oily. Very skin like finish for me and even glowy (for my oily skin) -literally blurs out skin issues. I have acne all year round, so texture wise my skin sucks. This legit blurrs out texture issues and pores. I am amazed! -very comfortable to wear: not dehydrating, not greasy or heavy, does not cling to dry patches (and i have them due to acne treatment), ultra-light consistency! CONS: -does not make my makeup stay longer (but to be fair, no primer I have tried has done that.. makeup usually lasts long on me anyway because I am meticulous about setting my makeup correctly with powder.) -does not control oiliness to a great extent (again, no other primer I have found that does. I usually blot every 3 hours and am good) CONCLUSION: I want to call this HG but before that I will try the many primer options in the market. Mainly to see if I find something that can give me oil control/ greater makeup wear WITHOUT sticking to dry flakey areas. But, this is definitely one of the best in the market!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

Nice primer for colder months not so much for summer .

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FoonqjMSiTM"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FoonqjMSiTM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> This is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light. They have so many different Primers from the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer range that you can find your specific one! The prize is a little expensive for me but it is an oil free primer and it's so soft and gentle to my skin! Love it &lt;3

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I've been trying lots of primers lately and this is honestly the worst one that I've tried. It makes my makeup look worse than if I wore no primer at all AND it breaks me out. It does have some oil control, but not a lot. I would pass on this primer.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29