Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

Filtered by age: 25-29
Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a lovely bronzer. This comes in a huge cardboard piece with a mirror on the top flap. I could do without the mirror, but otherwise the packaging is fun and cute. The bronzer has a nice faint coconut scent. The bronze color is workable for most skin tones, but people who are very fair might be careful by using a skunk brush.

I've been trying a lot of bronzers lately, and this is my fave so far.

EDIT: It ends up a bit shimmery. More shimmery than I want with bronzers. This is nice if you're going to a party or just being "summery and fun". However, for me, this one is not for daily use, or to wear to work.

on 5/13/2009 11:11:00 AM

This is one of the most natural looking, finely milled bronzers I've ever used. Little to no shimmer - just enough to keep you from appearing both tanned AND dead - and goes on like a dream for me. I've yet to find a brush that can't handle it.

It's scented - slightly - a faint, coconutty smell to my nose. I think this product was intended for a body bronzer - hence the scent - but it works great for my face.

This is a huge pan of bronzer! Looks like it will last me forever. I would have preferred the packaging actually lock, hinge, or something, rather than a magnet or whatever this one has in it - and the compact is shiny paper with a map of CA on it - cute, but will it last? But the bronzer is so nice I don't care.

Rapidly becoming a HG for me. I've been using it daily, which is pretty rare for me. Great swap, indeed.

on 12/31/2008 1:56:00 AM

I lucked out and got this during Hard Candy's 75% off sale. I'm a bit of a bronzer addict and thought I'd give this a try. I read on here that some thought it was a little to glittery, leaving me a bit apprenhensive. When I received the product and tried it I was pleasently surprised by the large compact and amount of product, the nice faint coconut smell, and the product itself. The color is very believable and can be easily layered for a "deeper tan". As for the shimmer factor, it was over exaggerrated To me, there just the right amount to give a nice glow. Also, the powder is infused with vitamins. I would gladly repurchase this at full price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm light/medium asian and this bronzer is too orange for me. It's not oompa loompa orange or anything, but I definitely don't tan this color. It has a really nice coconut scent and very fine shimmer. It isn't too heavily pigmented so it's hard to go overboard with this bronzer. Also, the packaging is totally adorable.

I love this stuff. It is a great multi-tasker. It's so nice as a bronzer... what it was made for. It makes a really nice light blush in the summer.. normally I'd wear it as a blush in the summer with nothing else but some mascara and gloss. But I use it alot in the winter too when my school, work, theatre, and boyfriend stuff keeps me so busy I barely get any sleep. I get dark circles alot and I take a dab on my concealer brush with my concealer and the soft shimmers erases the tired look and makes my eyes and face brighten up.

cute package, but this is waaayyy to shimmery for the face. It looks like gold dust on your face, ugh. So sad it wasn't what I was looking for, I had high hopes for this bronzer