OPI Midnight in Moscow

OPI Midnight in Moscow
Midnight in MoscowMidnight in MoscowOPI Midnight in Moscow in sunlight

4.2

on 10/7/2017 10:01:00 PM

I’ve purchased this since it came out with the Moscow collection. I saw it in my hair salon and loved it so much so I still wear and adore it. What makes me happy is with base coat 2 thin coats are all I need for fully opaque nails. I then finish with Seche Vive the gel effect top coat and it comes out so pretty and glossy. I love how this is dark with the almost black red shift, just so pretty! Also this lasts for so long on my nails plus it dries super quick, and barely chips. It’s a great polish all around that I’m so happy they still make. I just picked up a new bottle and it’s as good as ever. I’m cool toned and this is very flattering with my pale skintone. Recommended.

on 5/31/2017 5:05:00 AM

Midnight In Moscow came out back in 2007, as a part of Russian Collection, but I think, it has since been in their core line, as it is widely available. In the bottle in looks like a deep burgundy polish, but as soon as you start brushing it on your nail, you will see that it's a grey (watery black?) polish loaded with burgundy shimmer.

I used 2 coats, but later I could see thinner patches on a couple of my nails, so I would recommend 3 thin coats for best result. On my nails this polish looked mainly black, occasionally the warmth would come through and it would look dark brown, but I couldn't capture the bottle colour.

I bought this polish 3-4 years ago. I have worn in straight after my purchase and I remember being disappointed, so I haven't worn it since until now. This time around I still had that disappointed feeling. I've read in one of the reviews that this polish looks true to the bottle colour when applied over a burgundy base, so I will give that a go next time around.

There are too many better polishes out there for me to repurchase this one. Based on previous reviews I can see it's a popular choice, but despite my love of dark polishes, Midnight in Moscow wouldn't be my top pick.

This is everything I hoped Everyday Is Oktoberfest, Muir Muir on the Wall and Vampsterdam would be! This is the most multi-dimensional polish in my collection - never looks the same under different lighting. Under low light, it looks so vampy, but under the sun it becomes this beautiful dark purple/red/chocolate brown with glittery shimmer. I love how it reminds me of my partner's old car - it's the exact same chameleon shade. Don't be disheartened by how horrible it looks after the first coat because it really takes on a whole new character after the second coat. Will definitely buy again.

on 12/29/2013 10:44:00 PM

I applied a very light coat of this over 2 coats of Sally Hansen, Flirt. I love it!

It's not burgundy, it's not red, it's not grey, it's not brown...but it's beautiful! Even though I'm not really sure what color it is, I love it. It's one of those that seems to go with everything, which is nice since I'm, er, picky and I can't stand for my nails to clash with my clothes. This is a great shade for fall and winter, and I'm sure I'll be rocking it all season long this year...just like always. As with pretty much every OPI polish I own, application is easy-peasy and not gloopy at all. It's on the thin side so you will need a few coats (I usually do three) but the bonus to that is that it doesn't get all rumpledy on your nail no matter how many you slather on. Word of warning: Don't be alarmed when you put the first coat on and the color is hideous. It'll be fine, and it dries pretty fast so you'll be getting compliments in no time!

on 2/12/2016 8:23:00 AM

This might become my signature color! I typically bring my own polish to the salon, but I felt like switching it up so I used theirs. I was going to go with a nude, but then I saw this "almost black" (thought not as black as some others) and had to try it. I'm really into red lips right now, so I feel like I either need to wear red nail polish or go with a nude or something. This one looks great! Also, it's named after a jazz number:

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It looks better in the bottle. On my nails it just looks like a dark brown, no shimmer unless you unless you look extremely hard.

on 9/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a manicure with this color and I think it is stunning. It's a really, really deep burgundy with shimmer if it is in bright light. Totally my kind of color. As usual, OPI's formula is great.

on 10/30/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I know how to make this color truer to how it is in the bottle! Like a lot of you, I was more impressed with this color in the bottle than on my tips. It looks like a deep rich glimmery burgundy, but once you put it on, it has this muddy grey undertone and it takes at least the coats to make it close to what is in the bottle. So today I was applying Tweed by Avon, a deep wine cream burgundy, which is actually very pretty on its own, but I just really wanted some shimmer. So after two thin coats of Tweed, I topped it off with Midnight In Moscow and it's gorgeous! Now it looks like I had expected it to look! Hope this helps some of you out:)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

EDIT: I posted this review earlier today and after glaring at my nails all day I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like this color polish at all. I thought maybe it would grow on me but it's just not. I should of known I wouldn't like it as I was tempted to take it off with the first coat. (The first coat applied like a muddy gray.) I figured it's only the first coat so I'll give it a shot. Nope, still not impressed. Wish I would have passed on this one...

Popular Polishes