OPI Catherine the Grape

Filtered by skin type : Normal
OPI Catherine the Grape
OPI Catherine the GrapeOPI Catherine the grapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the Grape

4.1

on 2/8/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous vintage polish. Catherine The Grape was released several years back and was limited edition but it is still readily available on line for purchase. However, the price is inflated, so I ended up paying $18 for my bottle including shipping. This is a beautiful dusty plum polish and has a very vintage nostalgic feel and look to it. The shade is very flattering to my fair skin and this is a warm color. I have had this on for a week now and it has worn wonderfully without chipping, fading, and minimal tip wear. This has a special sleeve on the cap stating that this has a new pro wide brush, and while it is not as big as the professional style brushes in the Wet n' Wild Megalast line, it didn't look any different from the brush in the new OPI polishes I have that are current. I was able to get my pinkies painted in only 1 stroke and most others in only 2. The formula on this was a little thin at first and the first coat goes on much more sheer than I was expecting but the second coat was all it needed for full opacity and a beautiful rich color. In the bottle this looks very dusty and plum with gold. On the nail it dries a bit darker and a burgandy color and while the gold is still present it's not as apparent. I have had this on almost a week now and I am so in love with this polish. I've had compliments on the beautiful color. I don't regret paying nearly $20 for this now and it was a Christmas gift anyway so why not splurge? I am going to get many wonderful manicures from this one bottle. Love.

on 2/18/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely the prettiest purple color that I've ever seen for a pedicure! I can't stop staring at my nails when I use this, and it looks great with my fair skin. It's really plummy, and I'm so glad it doesn't have any black undertones. Perfect shade, you really must try it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a truly luxurious plum colour with a beautiful, consistent shimmer. I cannot stop staring at my nails when I wear this colour. The polish has a wonderful shine, lasting power is excellent and application is a dream. Catherine the Grape is at the top of my polish pecking order and I love it.

on 12/15/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of this color. I'm an NC35 and this nail polish color really works for me. It really is a grapey purple, with bronzey undertones.

The only negative was that I found the polish to be a bit streaky. I almost exclusively buy OPI nail polish and I've never had this problem with the other ones. I applied two coats and I still have three or four nails that probably need a third coat, which I don't like doing since it makes it harder to remove.

However, I would purchase this again just because I love the color so much.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I always have a french manicure on my hands, and colored polish on my toes. It's mid-October now and I wanted a darker pretty "autumn" color for my toes. Don't get me wrong, this color IS pretty. But it looks much different in the bottle than on my toes. In the bottle: it looks like maybe a medium/dark, sorta plum-ish with pretty gold tones. But on my toes: it's darker and more grape than plum, with very subtle gold tones in it. It is a pretty color, but not what I expected. I guess I thought it would be "warmer" with all the goldtones I saw. But, I'll keep it on my toes till after Halloween since it kinda goes with the season. Then once November hits, I'll go get another pedi and switch the color to "Midnight in Moscow"!! I just bought that, and it looks beautiful!! Would I buy this color again? Probably not, just because it's not warm enough for my taste.

on 10/16/2007 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've bought several shades from OPI's Russian Collection, and this is the only one that I don't care for. I find the colour to be quite muddy and not very flattering on me whether its a manicure or a pedicure. There's abit of a goldish shimmer to it, but it doesn't help this shade on my fair skin. Quality is fantastic, as with all OPI shades.

on 10/4/2007 10:13:00 PM

Normally, I wouldn't buy a color like this but this is soooo beautiful. In fact, the entire Russian collection is magnificent. Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Catherine the Grape, from OPIs Russian collection, is a plum purple with gold shimmer (although Ive heard some describe the shimmer as bronze). Regardless, this is a rich, beautiful color that will be perfect for autumn.
The first coat was a bit streaky, but a second coat really makes it work.
The color is reminiscent of another OPI favorite of mine, Route Beer Float. However, Catherine the Grape is less "muddy" than RBF.
This color is darker, yet brighter if that makes any sense.
It is definitely a must-have for fall. A lovely respite from the black and navy hues that are likely to dominate the season.

Popular Polishes