3.2

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

I’ve been taking Imedeen Derma for about 7 years then when I turned 40 I started taking Imedeen Perfection and after about a year my hair started fallen out, I’ve lost about 2/3 of my hair. I’ve stopped taking Imedeen and got my bloods tested for thyroid, result did not show anything abnormal. In the mean time I’ve contacted Imedeen and asked them would taking their supplements make my hair to fall out, they asked me to fill in leanthy form with A LOT of very specific questions that I did not answer to. My hair started growing back after about a year of not taking Imedeen . I’ve decided to start taking it again and after a week my hair started falling out again, I’ve stopped taking again and just a few weeks ago I gave it another chance and ...... my hair started falling out again! :( It’s a good product but I would rather have my hair! Has anyone had any similar experience and maybe can explain what happened to my hair? Thanks a million

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

So a few months after turning 30, I decided to try Imedeen. I've just finished my second box (been 2 months) and will start my 3rd box tomorrow. Just for reference, other supplements I'm taking are zinc (20mg) to control my hormonal acne and 500mg vitamin C. I don't use fancy skin creams, just Cetaphil lotion as my moisturizer and Dove bar as my face wash. I also use Differin 2-3 times a week (to keep acne at bay). It took almost a month until I noticed a difference. The skin on my face and body feel firmer, more hydrated and I have less darkness under my eyes. I have some white stretchmarks on my upper arms after having lost alot of weight, and they seem to have faded or 'blurred' somewhat, they are definiely less deep and have lost that 'crinkly' look...so that got me really excited! I'm very pleased and am planning to continue. The pharmacist told me to take a box each month for 3-6 months (2 pills a day), then do a box for 2 months (1 pill a day) after that for maintenance...going back to a box a month whenever I need to. Now regarding the side effects people are mentioning: I don't notice anything in the way of bloating or weight gain, but then again I have started exercising more regularly lately, I also retain water and bloat easily especially when I'm ovulating and just before my period, taking it did not worsen it. Exercise is the only thing that I've found helps combat my water-retention/bloat problem. I read reviews on people getting acne from Imedeen, but my skin is clearer than ever (thanks to the zinc and Differin) and I'm someone with very acne-prone skin. I will be updating my review in another month or two to keep track of any changes, good or bad. Btw, I'm using Imedeen 'time perfection', yellow box, I read in their website it's supposed to be for women 40+, but it's the only available Imedeen product in my country.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I have been taking Imedeen Time Perfection 40+ for 5 weeks. I have seen a distinct improvement in the texture of my skin. Especially noticeable on my face where I had some superficial acne scars. It is a great product. The problem I have is that my diet and usual gym routine haven't changed in a while but.. I have gained 10 Ibs in weight in the past 3 weeks. The weight has gone on my stomach and rear and is noticeable. I think the soy content of the product might cause water retention. I don't think it is related to any other aspect of my lifestyle as I do look after myself! I have had to stop as the bloating is increasing. I think I might try an alternative product without soy content.

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

I went for a routine blood test at the same time I started taking imedeen. Apart from my low iron levels all my other results came out fine. Whilst I was on imedeen I noticed a lovely improvement in my face within a week! My skin glowed, looked brighter. I looked years younger! My breasts also felt firmer. However , 3 months later I had another blood test to check my iron levels and I found my SHGB levels went sky high. My doctor was very concerned asked whether I was taking any oestrogen supplements? I told him about the soy in Imedeen and wondered if it could be the soy that was mimicking the oestrogen. Anyway He advised me to come off the imedeen and a few weeks later after another set of blood tests I was relieved to find my SHGB levels had returned back to normal. Sadly my face too has returned to its original state.

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

i have been on imedeen for 6 months and they let me scan my skin to compare a before/aft of my skin. My collagen level has grown!! i started with a measly below average score but i went back and re scanned i saw my score increase to an average!! it's rather pricey i have to say but it works for me and i'm going to stick to it. the hubs has recently asked me "hey what have you done to your face lately? you look a little diff. like more glowy." OH YES IT WORKS IF THE HUBS NOTICED.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

I decided not to finish my 3 month Imedeen pack because I gained 11 pounds(5kg) in roughly 3 months since I started it. I was taking Time Perfection for 40+ age group. I understand that everybody is different and some people don't experience the same side effects, however. The benefits - gorgeous shiny fast growing hair, great strong nails, and overall softer skin on my body, BUT the weight gain scared me enough to never take it again and I hope I will get back to my normal weight once I stop taking Imedeen.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

OK, Imedeen works for the face, in that it builds collagen. The negative is that it makes you put on weight around the stomach, thigh and butt area. This is so sad, because it's such a fantastic product and yet it has this awful side effect. I am typically a size 8 and have been skinny all my life. Once I started taking imedeen my stomach extended and I just looked fat. As soon as I stopped taking it, I lost the weight. I wonder how scientifically the pills cause the body to store fat, whether it causes insulin disruption or oestrogen promotion. I have no idea. So there you are. You can look young and wrinkle free but you will double in size.

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

6 years ago

As someone in their mid-thirties who regularly gets ID'd and mistaken for someone 15 years younger, I have, a couple of times in the past, got really cocky and stopped taking Imedeen. I would imagine it has a half-life as a product because you can get away with this for 1-2 weeks and not notice any difference. But give it a month and you'll be shocked at how much older you suddenly look if you've been taking it for a year or more. Scary stuff. I went right back on it and within a few weeks was back to my best. I went to an Imedeen counter a year or so ago and didn't tell the lady that I used Imedeen. She tested my skin with this machine that analyses your skin to see if I needed to take it. I thought she would say yes I did - as she's trying to sell the product but she was shocked at how good my collagen was. She said I had amazing collagen and didn't need to start taking Imedeen, despite being in my mid thirties. She was really shocked that someone my age could be like that. I suppose I should have told her Imedeen was the reason but it was my own private joke/test! I use a good cleanser (Eve Lom) and the cheapest moisturiser I can find - because honestly, all moisturisers are the same. And I take imedeen. Yes, it's expensive, but given I don't pay for foundation because it gives me glowing skin, it works out well in the end. I should add that I've never tried Perfectil because once you find something that works on this level, you don't want to experiment. That's the secret of my youthfulness, and even my friends don't know it.

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

The website is pretty promising .There are before and after pictures about how it has increased the number of collagen fibers in the dermis of the skin , but I have to insist that nothing tops Tretinoin when it comes to building new collagens . There are more than a thousands of articles published about the efficacy of Tretinoin 0.5% . My favorite one was a comparison between the amount of penetration of 5 ingredients(Astaxanthin, Curcumin antioxidant , polyphenol C and I forgot the 5th one!!) into the skin. The result was that Tretinoin was the only product that 90% of it penetrated into the dermis (where the collagens are ) and 10% remained in the Stratum Corneum and it was the opposite for the rest of the ingredients . It was convincing enough for me to give up Imedeen and invest on something way cheaper and effective .

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

Not sure what to think of these supplements as I genuinely can't say I have noticed any benefits. I do get complemented I look good for my age but I also use luxury line skincare in excess of $200 plus per item... Even than I can't say if it's the products or just me looking younger... It's all a mystery.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35