The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

OMG I can't get enough of this cleanser! I absolutely love it!
A lot of cleansers tend to leave my face dry after using it which often results in me getting flakey irritated skin.
I've used Clinique and Kiehl's cleansers but I still felt really dry after.
I've also tried out cetaphil which is actually pretty good too! I just didn't notice a difference when using Cetaphil.
Since using the aloe calming facial cleanser my skin has never been better, and I REALLY MEAN IT! NEVER BETTER!
My skin is sooooo soft! Like a baby's bum! And I haven't had any irritations, dry spots or break outs!
The only down side is that it's hard to get the product out of the bottle...
But I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive combination/dry skin.

on 5/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I use for my sensitive combination skin. I only gave it a four star rating and not five stars because its not that effective for removing long wearing eye makeup. It's the only cleanser I've used that does not irritate my skin but even with The Body Shop's regular promotions I find it a bit pricey.

on 5/18/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered from acne for what seems forever. While using the Arbonne cream cleanser my face cleared up a lot, however, the co. stopped making such cleanser...back to square one. Used Dermadoctor cleanser has salicyic acid but my face while clean didn't feel acne free, anyway I purchased this Aloe Cleanser hoping it would be as mild as the Arbonne was and cha-ching! it is!!!
It has a very mild smell, it is cool and calming, it removes foundation and even eye shadow (with a bit of rubbing you could take mascara off, but I wouldn't recommend all that tugging around the eye). My routine is use two pea size drops and rub on my face in an upward motion, use a big cotton ball to remove the foundation and finish by wiping remaining cleanser with a soft warm towel.
I've been doing this for over a month and even my sis who sees me often commented how great my skin looks (could be a combination of those green smoothies I've been drinking too) but seriously I finally got that just because I have oily acne prone skin doesn't mean I have to use soapy or salicyic/glycolic acid cleansers which strip my face off its moisture.
***update***
I continue to see great results,however,now I still use two pea size drops of the cleanser but I now use the Body Shop luxury flannel towel which is very smooth and between both products my skin is left free if makeup and clean. I follow with a vitamin e moist. On super lazy days I use the tea tree oil wipes from TBS as well.