The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 6/24/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For a cleanser that is supposed to be calming and geared toward sensitive skin this made me break out terribly. When i try something new it's a given I'll get 1-2 small pimples but they usually go away within a day or so and are never big or sore or will leave a mark. This cleanser gave me one small pimple on my chin the next day after first use and i figured no big deal so i continued but by the third day i decided i was returning it to get my money back. I now have about 6 pimples on my face and two of them are red and sore and will probably leave a mark. Never again. I can also see why ppl complain about the packaging. Its a really awkwardly hard plastic that would give you issues getting out the product once you get to the bottom. Thankfully i won't ever have to deal with that because it's since been returned. For the amount you get for the price and the trouble this has caused my skin i would never recommend it to anyone.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin with a touch of rosacea and not many cleansers suit me. The foaming ones leave my skin tight and dehydrated and many of the cream ones are greasy. I have found three that I like - the Nivea gentle cream cleanser, the Sukin cream cleanser and this one. For me, this aloe vera cleanser is perfect. The other two leave a slight slick but I haven't found that with this one. I would buy it every time except that it is more pricey. I massage a generous amount on my damp face for a minute or two (not dripping wet, it just dissolves) and rinse well. My skin loves it and literally glows afterwards! I would give it 5 stars except for two things. As I mentioned, it is a little expensive, considering that you do need a goodly amount to cleanse thoroughly. And the annoying bottle that you need to squeeze so hard, especially when it's getting low.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Leaves my skin feeling clean whilst keeping it moisturised; found this really helps with my rosacea.

OMG I can't get enough of this cleanser! I absolutely love it!
A lot of cleansers tend to leave my face dry after using it which often results in me getting flakey irritated skin.
I've used Clinique and Kiehl's cleansers but I still felt really dry after.
I've also tried out cetaphil which is actually pretty good too! I just didn't notice a difference when using Cetaphil.
Since using the aloe calming facial cleanser my skin has never been better, and I REALLY MEAN IT! NEVER BETTER!
My skin is sooooo soft! Like a baby's bum! And I haven't had any irritations, dry spots or break outs!
The only down side is that it's hard to get the product out of the bottle...
But I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive combination/dry skin.

on 5/26/2015 4:55:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I mainly use it in warmer months or when my skin feels irritated and I don't want to trouble it with something harsh or fragranced. It takes my makeup off very well, and it's mild and has no noticeable scent.

on 5/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I use for my sensitive combination skin. I only gave it a four star rating and not five stars because its not that effective for removing long wearing eye makeup. It's the only cleanser I've used that does not irritate my skin but even with The Body Shop's regular promotions I find it a bit pricey.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the mildest facial cleanser i have ever found so far , never cause me irritaion or breakouts whatsoever ,and even whenever i use only this cleanser before bed i wake up with a radiant skin as if i've used a rich moisturizer not just a facial cleanser !! ... fregrance free, preservatives free, whats not to love ?!

I do massage it onto my skin to dissolve makeup then I wipe it off with a damp muslin wash cloth it works best that way

on 9/12/2014 10:11:00 PM

This is a pretty expensive "cleanser" that basically does nothing for me except cause acne. I have pretty sensitive dry, but acne-prone skin and it broke me out. Not only that, but it doesn't really remove any makeup. It didn't bother my eye area, which is nice, but it defeats the purpose if it's not going to remove any makeup or actually clean my skin. Regardless of how I applied it (with a dry face or a wet face), the acne still came the next day. I think the fact that it doesn't seem to cleanse my face contributed to the breaking out. It's pretty much just an overpriced lotion.

on 5/4/2014 6:48:00 AM

This product has been really good as a basic cleanser, I have pretty sensitive skin so this is really hydrating and gentle on my skin. I've been using this a few times once in the day and night. It's been really good so far and I highly recommend it, it's not too badly priced. I like to use it with their facial brush.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelssss.blogspot.com

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is such a good and basic cleanser! It's especially good if you struggle with sensitve or/and dry skin.

Since I have really sensitive skin, I'm always afraid of new products breaking me out, and unfortunately they do most of the time. However with this one; no reaction at all!
I have been using this cleanser, alternating it with my REN clearcalm cleanser (for blemish-prone skin), and I find that to be a good mix, since this cleanser doesn't do much for treating acne. It does cleanses your skin, but without that horrible dry feeling afterwards. For me that's a huge plus.

Overall a great cleanser if you want something gentle, but if you suffer from acne I recommend you to alternate it with an acne-treating cleanser, or some sort of treatment afterwards. The reason why I can't give it 5/5, is because it claims to remove make-up and it curtainly does not do that! I always remove my makeup with Bioderma, before I cleanse my skin.