Glycolix Elite Eye Serum (by Topix)

Glycolix Elite Eye Serum (by Topix)

4.3

Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Purified Water, Phospholipids, Hyaluronic Acid, PEF-40 Sorbitan Diisostearate, Green Tea Extract, Pohysorbate-81, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Coenzyme Q-10, Chitosan Ascorbate, Superioxide Dismutase, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, PEG-15 Cocamine, Laureth-9. 6/2/09

on 5/27/2013 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Edit (12/12/18): I use this all over my face as the greatest primer ever! The old formula is my HG!!! Luckily, I stocked up on this last year during a massive sale.. because it has been reformulated to contain Caprylic Glycol--which I am severely allergic too. I've read that the addition of this ingredient gives it an even more elegant texture. This is probably a bonus for you non-allergic folks! As the Seinfeld "Sponge-worthy" episode comes to mind, I will now have to ration my remaining 3.5 bottles. As the texture is SO PERFECT on my skin (after cleansing and using a hydrasol), I will now not waste this gold on night-wear (when sleeping). I wear it during the day and the texture on my face in the now dry/cold winter is so lovely that I won't even need to powder it before gong out. (just using eye/lip makeup) I am sad this has been reformulated, as my skin responds so beautifully to the previous formulation. In the summer, this is the ONLY "primer" style product I could use that didn't exacerbate my extremely oily (in humidity), highly sensitive skin. I still highly recommend it for those who aren't allergic.
I have replaced this (for night use only) with Paula's Choice Resist Super AntiOxidant Serum (I only buy "On Sale"--this has more ingredients, and the feel is somewhat similar, but not entirely the same. This PC Serum doesn't have Caprylic Glycol, nor my other allergens... yet.. whereas her other serums do.)
I have found another good serum to replace this during the day: Studio 35 Fragrance-Free Regenerating Daily Serum. While not the same, it has a beautiful day-texture--which I can wear as a primer or w/o makeup on decent skin days. This Studio 35 serum has a good peptide mix as well as niacinimide; it doesn't have the antioxidants that Glycolix Elite Eye Serum has.
If you are NOT allergic to Coconut or it's derivatives, I highly recommend Glycolix Elite Eye Serum. It's expensive--but SOOOO worth it!

Original Review: I have been using this product, intermittently, for about 7 years. I tried it after a previous version of Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Serum broke me out. Glycolix Elite Eye Serum is silky in comparison to the PC versions. It has a relatively short ingredient list, is clear, and contains no fragrance & non of my allergens. A little drop goes a long way. It sets/absorbs quickly, and my skin responds well to it.

This serum sooths onto/into the skin, and sets well. I use it all over my face--or where ever needed, not just for my eyes. Makeup applies well over it. This does contain silicones (which usually exacerbate my already-extreme oil production), but it doesn't make me oily; it serves as a good primer. This is a fabulous product because my skin is smooth and moisturized when I wake up, and, it has never broken me out or given my clogs/blackheads (like most products do). It doesn't take away dark undereye circles, it won't take 25 years off your skin's appearance, but it works like a champ for maintaining the skin's moisture levels and delivering some preventive antioxidants.

The reason I use this intermittently is that I live in a slightly humid climate, so I need very little moisture when at home. However, I NEED this serum when I travel to the desert, Arizona & Colorado--my skin suddenly dries right up-- yet I'm allergic to everything. This serum is a lifesaver for me when I travel!! As a person who has limited product options (due to a multitude of allergies), this serum is an HG for me! That said, I'd love it even if I DID have other options! I have repurchased countless times over the years. Even my DH uses it, and he now buys it when we run out. He doesn't "believe in frivolous skincare stuff", but, he sure uses this serum religiously and is very pleased with it. (Go figure.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly have no idea if this works or not. I chose to buy an eye serum because I have a habit of rubbing my eyes a lot. I'm only at the point of making preventative attempts to lessen crow's feet lines and undereye bagging, that I don't have yet but can possibly thank genetics and bad habits for when I get older.

A little does go a very long way and the pump package is excellent for not wasting and keeping the product untainted. The consistency of the serum is a clear gel and feels like a silicone based primer. I apply it to the inner corners and lower orbital area beneath my eyes and the area where crows feet would present. As I normally get oily eyelashes (blepharitis) and they're sensitive enough to tear up at everything, I try to avoid putting any gel/cream on the upper eyelid area. However, this gel doesn't bother me and it doesn't make my eyes feel irritated or gunky. It also doesn't clump off under makeup as most that I've tried do. I'll consider buying this one again!

It

on 1/5/2009 12:14:00 PM

Since I'm older, Ihave really dry skin under my eyes. I've used a number of different products, and Glycolix Eye Serum is one of the better ones. My makeup goes one smoother, and my eye area looks better. It's not as expensive as some of the other brands of eye creams. I hope I can continue to use this product when the weather gets warm.

This is my favorite eye treatment!

This feels like a dream when applied. It absorbs quickly. It also improves the skin around your eyes. . . it woun't take too long before you see the results for your self.

I used to sell this "to the rich and famous" when I was a receptionist at a high end med-spa in the Los Angeles area. I am no longer a receptionist. . . but I still love this eye serum!!! (and the whole skin care line)