no images

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 years ago

First let me say that I have long, fine hair, but a lot of it and it has natural beachy waves/curl to it. I bought this product because I have horses, live in AZ(read dry and hot) and need to wash my hair daily due to the sweat, dirt and horse care products that migrate onto my person. As this was a sulfate free product I thought it would be really gentle and it is advertised as moisturizing and for color treated hair; I have highlights put in every 16ish weeks with a demi perm color in between for shine. This is not moisturizing at all for me. It leaves my hair "squeaky" clean and feeling like my horses hay. Sadly it feels brittle and very, very dry after use. Dove and Tres Emme leave my hair feeling better than this product at a fraction of the price. I was going to finish my bottle; but it's not worth the damage I feel it's doing to my hair. It's kind of sad as it is advertised as a gentle and moisturizing product, but for me it's not. I'm going back to Carole's Daughter Monoi shampoo or even Biolage. Scent certainly did not smell like any kind of honey to me, just kind of a generic herbal/floral smell. Very, very slight scent at that, which is nice as I don't want my hair products to compete with whatever fragrance I might choose to wear that day. Overall in my opinon not worth the price.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

10 years ago

<b>ABOUT ME:</b> Long, straight, medium-textured hair with oily roots and dry-ish ends, normal amount, virgin and healthy. No major hair issues, though I look for shampoos that clean but don't dry out my hair and like to rotate frequently. <b>TEXTURE:</b> A bit like syrup, thick and slightly sticky. <b>SCENT:</b> Flowery honey. It is not strong and doesn't seem synthetic to me. It's not exactly to my taste, but it's pretty and the scent doesn't really linger unless you smell your hair directly. <b>PERFORMANCE:</b> I like the feel of this shampoo. It's rich and produces lots of super-creamy lather. It rinses cleanly, but my hair does not feel "squeaky clean" afterward. It also makes my hair incredibly soft, like a cloud, without weighing it down. Sometimes I get so mesmerized by how soft my hair feels that I'll just keep stroking it like a freak. <b>REPURCHASE?:</b> This is a nice shampoo, but out of my budget. I probably won't repurchase as there are equally nice shampoos with lower price tags. I will keep my eye out for shampoos with honey as an ingredient. It seems to do wonders for hair.

About reviewer (2540 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

10 years ago

Previously I had tried Collagen Shampoo by Terax very unhappily because it made my full, wavy hair sticky and limp. So I wasn't too eager on this one either. But after the first shampoo, vavooom! my hair felt light, bouncy, clean, hydrated. and smelling wonderful I now have been using this for more than a month with great satisfaction. I will definitely continue using this for my long, dehydrated hair although I do wish that it was cheaper.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

3.0

10 years ago

This is my basic everyday shampoo for now, but once I'm done with this (huge) bottle, I won't be purchasing it again. It's a decent, very gentle shampoo that doesn't dry out my borderline dry hair, but it's truly nothing spectacular. As others have complained, the consistency is very thin, and no matter what I do, I just cannot get this stuff to lather. I loved the coconut-ish smell for summer, and Terax Miele has not turned my hair into a rat's nest, but that's pretty much the best I can say about it.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

11 years ago

I bought this on a whim at Ulta, and for the price I was expecting so much more. Its just a basic shampoo, it doesn't moisturize, it doesn't add shine, it doesn't help with dryness or damage, I feel kind of duped that I paid over 20 bucks for this and now I have to use it up. For a high end shampoo for dry/damaged hair, I recommend Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

This shampoo is great because it's sulfate-free! As with the rest of Terax's products they use minimal ingredients but they work very well. This shampoo is extremely gentle. It does clean my hair well, I shampoo every 2-3 days. It's smells like honey, which is lovely! I can't comment on how this would remove a lot of buildup/ styling products as I only use a light wave spray out of the shower and maybe a finishing cream on the very ends of my hair. This combined with the Crema conditioner keep my hair low maintenance as it dries nicely without frizz every time!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

11 years ago

I'm surprised at the low percentage that this product has received. I have been rotating this and collagene lately (another terax shampoo). Overall I find that miele is more moisturizing in my med-fine curly 2a/b hair. I would absolutely recommend this to similar haired girls. I don't dye my hair, and I if I understand correctly, Collagene is a protein shampoo, which may explain why it had begun to dry me out. I was using it a couple times a week. I think Miele is more gentle and good for everyday use (although I do not wash my hair everyday) Used with terax crema it keeps my hair soft and shiny.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Other

11 years ago

I have fine, colored, dryish hair. I like the Miele so much better then Collagene shampoo. (which dried out my hair) Yes, It is a tad runny but most sulfate free are. This seems to be the ONLY shampoo that works for me. I love the smell & I love the shampoo. I will rebuy.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

11 years ago

I am just about finished with my bottle of Miele shampoo and I love it ! It is a little thin but as long as your hair is nice and wet it will lather up nicely. I have long hair that is very coarse, natually wavy and very thick. I have all over color and blond highlights put in every six weeks. It has been three weeks since my last color and highlight and this shampoo has made my hair shine and the blond highlights pop !! Although the ratings on this shampoo aren't as high as other Terax products I am glad I decided to try this product. I almost didn't buy it based on the less than 50% rating but took a chance and very glad I did.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Like this even better than the Collagene! Leaves my hair fuller and very soft. Will be purchasing again when what I have runs out. Definately adding this to my poo rotation.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age30-35