3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

4 months ago

Oh Mac - why can't you make a decent foundation for me? Studio Fix made me breakout within hours and your liquids are either too heavy or too sheer or irritate my skin. Will always love you for eyes, lips and cheeks (and VivaGlam charitable giving). And I baby my older, natural hair eye brushes like you wouldn't believe! NW20 is my color forever so at least I can use that to reference other foundations LOL

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 months ago

I use this over moisturizer or a serum when I want a quick makeup when I hardly have any time . It gives me medium to full coverage , probably better than the majority of foundations I've tried . I generally make sure my skin is exfoliated (or run a cotton pad with toner on for a quick fix) prior to applying this foundation else it will highlight flaky patches . I have dehydrated and combination skin and I've noticed oil starts to break through after about 3-4 hours of wear on my t-zone ...if you want to combat this , use Mac Blot powder over this foundation on first application . If you apply this around your eyes it can highlight your wrinkles so best to avoid or use a tiny sponge to get into the crevices , because once applied , it does not budge . Make sure to cleanse your skin well on removal to prevent breakouts . I like Mac cleansing oil .

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

5 months ago

This one is probably not for you if you have a definite neutral undertone. I'm an almost perfect match to NC10 (Not Cool 10), meaning I'm quite light and warm. MAC base products in general tend to skew quite yellow or pink, and NC10 is very slightly more yellow than my skin, but definitely a really good match. The powder is smooth, making it easy to minimize the color difference between it and my skin through some quick blending. In all honesty, I normally use the puff included with it because it's so easy to pat onto your skin that way, but a flat-top powder brush (I use one by elf) works well too. It applies like a dream, doesn't cling to dry patches and does not feel heavy or cakey on the skin at all. The coverage is amazing for a pressed powder. It blurs imperfections nicely. It makes your skin look so dang soft and velvety! It creates a smooth, natural matte finish, especially with used in conjunction with the Studio Fix Fluid foundation. It's especially nice if you use a setting spray to take off a touch of the powderiness, melting it into your skin a bit more and giving it more of a natural airbrushed look. I use it on its own if I'm aiming for a more natural makeup look, but a little bit of it over foundation (just a little bit, because it is pretty full coverage!) to mattify it and prolong wear works wonderfully. The compact is simple but classy and nice, very MAC. The mirror is relatively large for a compact its size. More than likely, I will repurchase, because it just works, and it works well.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

I have been using this product for many years now and it is my HG foundation. Periodically, I will try another powder foundation but always go back to Studio Fixe. (I have always disliked liquid and other "wet" foundations, and only used them when absolutely necessary, e.g. as stage makeup, but never in my personal life.) Back to Studio Fixe, I sometimes use a flat-bottomed foundation brush, but I usually use the sponge included with the product. I always buy extras and change them periodically, even though I wash them. There is just something I like about a fresh sponge. The color profile is beyond outstanding, and through the years I have tried various colors, currently settled on N3. I cannot commend this product enough for its ability to sit lightly but to also provide flawless coverage.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

6 months ago

Usually I complain about expensive products! But this is worth every cent! It feels like it is fair value. It applies beautifully. I apply a tinted primer or a light tinted moisturiser underneath so that it stays on even longer. Amazing product! 5lippies!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

7 months ago

I can't get my beloved Laura Geller Balance n Brighten anywhere in the UK. Needing a replacement quickly I decided to try this one as it seems to have been around forever and also has a pretty loyal following. I like it and will re-purchase in the absence of B n B but it's definitely not as good. Where you get a lovely satin finish from B n B, this one is a flat matte finish. However it does have slightly better coverage and looks flawless on the skin. I'm in shade NC25 which is my usual for Mac. My other products also sit nicely on top. I have an oily t-zone so this works lovely once I've really buffed it in, I can't imagine it looking great on dry skin though.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

7 months ago

A big problem with our society today is that nobody is educated anymore. People in Mac stores have no idea what they are selling because most of them are watching fake influencer who have absolutely no idea on how they should apply foundation. They don't get the right shade, selling people with dry skin types powder foundation to get more sales because they are under pressure. This will lead to angry customers because they think that the product is bad because they watched YouTube sales persons like Jeffree star or Tati etc. We need more people educating others on platforms like Instagram and Youtube/Facebook so that people know how to use them correctly! If you put this foundation on dry skin it will dry out your skin even more. You need a good moisturizer underneath or at least a base primer/bbcream so that it looks like skin. If you have oily skin go for it. But all other skin types have to prepare their skin at first. It's a beautiful foundation I would recommend using a Kabuki brush. Love it 5 stars! And think about it next time!!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2.0

8 months ago

This made my face look cakey and dry. Coverage was decent, however.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 months ago

This is nice powder foundation that is buildable up to medium coverage. My T-zone still needed blotting a couple hours in, but it covered my redness all day. I've worn this on its own and over foundation. It applies quickly, didn't look cakey or emphasize texture and it hid the redness along my cheekbones and temples. I also liked the variety of undertones they offered. I'm cool toned with pink undertones and I found my perfect match off the website. I bought this to replace my previous HG after KVD reformulated her Lock-It powder foundation, and I am extremely happy with this powder. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a quick, good coverage powder foundation.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

9 months ago

This is a great powder, but after couple hours it's getting a bit oily, so you need bloating powder on top.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral