MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/22/2018 12:00:00 PM

My HG if I wear makeup. There are so many shades to pick from so that’s a plus. I love the packaging. This will not irritate your skin and is good if you suffer rosacea. I know someone who has it and she hasn’t had a flare up since using it. It must be the silica, since that absorbs excess oils that are irritating for those skin types. This goes really well under many Moisturizing creams and lotions. Just apply three mins after so the powder can stick to the cream. If you want a super mattifying affect, put Aveeno Lotion under it. If you want a dewy look, use a dewy Cream/Lotion. You can make this powder matte or dewy and that’s why it’s the best. I like to use it with a fluffy brush and I pat it on my face lightly bc I don’t need much coverage. If you need more coverage, ask the Mac people bc they will assist you by selecting the brush that fits you best. They are really helpful. Besides this powder I also like cover girl matte bc that as well won’t make you look greasy and is also amazing for sensitive Skin. Now if you are the dry skin type and you’re older, the cover girl matte won’t be good for you unless you moisturize really well, but I’d advise to stay away. But this powder is actually good for dry skins bc it’s not drying. Just use a moisturizer or primer and create your own affect, dewy or matte. It’s very versatile and up to you and that’s why it’s great. When I wear this I look natural. It’s not a mask! I don’t wear makeup everyday but If I do this is my first option. It’s also easy to remove as well for people who hate removing makeup. It’s easy to carry around. Easy to apply. Good for first time makeup users. It also doesn’t cake unless you brush on too much in one spot with a dense brush. It’s also especially good for people who get hives, acne, etc. This will prevent that. I recommend this as a first choice option.

on 11/25/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice pigmented powder, especially to cover skin imperfections.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my go-to foundation now! My oily dehydrated skin went haywire this year. All my trusted foundations, even purportedly hydrating Serum Foundation from The Ordinary, were too dry and cakey on me despite me rationing the tiniest amount. I began to avoid matte foundations like the plague.

This foundation, however, gave me the most beautiful finish with medium coverage. Yes, it was matte, but for the first time in a while, it did not cake up or break down. I like to set it with plain rosewater for a more satin finish. The staying power was marvelous, lasting 12 hours without losing a tincture of coverage. Bonus points for being much easier to apply as opposed to a liquid foundation! It is also incredibly versatile.

For lighter coverage, I use a flat top powder brush and buff it all over my face.
For medium coverage, I pick up some power on the same brush, spritz a little rosewater on the brush, and buff it into my skin.

This does not affect the finish of the product at all; just the coverage itself.

If you're looking for oil control, this isn't your bag of chips. But then again, my skin is astoundingly oily, and I start to get shiny about 2 hours after application no matter what I use. So maybe it is just me, and not this powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing powder foundation that leaves skin beautifully finished, matte and looking flawless. You can use this alone and it has a full coverage foundation or you can build it up and layer it over a liquid foundation to help set it and get more coverage.

I'm a light skin and usually wear medium or natural medium foundations and I'm an NW 25 in this.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing powder that keeps you MATTE and keeps the makeup in place

on 10/9/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder a lot. I love it. It has medium + coverage. It doesn’t have the most natural look on me but it is ok. Don’t use it around my eyes aa it’s makes me look 100

on 10/5/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I've been using MAC's Studio Fix Powder foundation in NW22 for about 6 months. It agrees with my 70-years young dry skin as it does not settle into fine lines or pores and works best applied over a good moisturizer and sunscreen (Elta MD 46). I apply with either a dense brush (Sephora's Complexion Mini Multitasker) or the round sponge that is enclosed with the foundation. I find the brush works best by lightly buffing in and the sponge works well by stipple or patting the product onto your face. This would be a dream to apply with a Beauty Blender as well. I use a cream blush for a pop of color to my cheeks. What's not to like - it's a quality foundation with ample color choices and wears exceptionally well (on my skin) for about 5 hours before fading. It does not irritate my sensitive skin.

on 10/3/2018 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have dry skin and this makes my skin look worse. It really long-lasting so that why my skin is cakey all day even when i use a mist after putting it on. I think it will be perfect for people who have oily skin. I also hate the puff. But the shade range is aewsome

on 9/22/2018 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

TLDR; Great, buildable, flawless coverage but dried my skin out and slightly irritated it. Oily, sensitive and easily dehydrated skin.

This product has really left me with mixed feelings... not enough to stop using it though. I went to my local MAC counter at Selfridges after work around three weeks ago after i'd pondered all day over getting a new foundation. I'm oily and easily dehydrated so I stick to powder foundations as they help with mattifying my face but don't accentuate/create any dry patches as i've found mattifying liquid foundations have done for me in the past (sounds kind of ironic, right?). Usually I use a little-known mineral powder foundation named Pure Magic Minerals which is a small 'indie' brand from the UK, but it's crappy sifter jar leaves a lot to be desired especially when travelling so i felt like a pressed powder would be more suitable. I've tried studio fix fluid in the past which didn't agree but I had faith that the powder would do a better job. So, I tottered along to the MAC counter and picked myself up Studio Fix Powder in nc15, a small bottle of fix+ original and a generous sample of some form of primer that I managed to lose before I left Selfridges (fml). As soon as i arrived home, i took my day face off and buffed the powder in with a domed kabuki and applied two layers under my eyes with a soft eye shadow brush (I usually use a yellow correcting powder and my mineral powder foundation as under eye concealer). The results were fantastic. My skin was flawless; I went heavy first time as I wanted to test it's power (I prefer light coverage apart from the occasional night out during a break out, I like my pores to see sunlight during the day). My under eyes were perfectly concealed, no need for any colour correcting and I'm naturally an NC15 with very dark purplish under-eye circles, black eye dark on my right hand eye. I was amazed, it looked natural still, no powdery finish, just a solid matte. I added I think three spritzes of fix plus just to meld it more with my skin, i like a satin to dewy finish even though I'm oily. After 10 minutes I could feel a slight itch, then half an hour later I had to remove the make up because the itching was becoming worrying and I did not want to risk a cystic break out. I wondered if it was due to the fix plus as i've had misfortune with other facial sprays in the past so i applied a little of the powder the morning after without using the spray- it felt slightly uncomfortable but no where near as bad. Since then i've not encountered that uncomfortable sensation and have carried on using Studio fix powder daily- I'm guessing the irritation was due to the fix plus. I'd started to develop small, hard bumps/pimples (milia?) only on my forehead so i've opted to only apply a dense layer of the powder under my eyes and a light dusting over my face (avoiding the pimply forehead area) to hide my pigmentation and pores somewhat. I wondered if these bumps were due to the powder dehydrating my skin i've started using a more intense moisturiser on the night with my regular jojoba oil- lo and behold the small bumps are beginning to go (touch wood). It's annoying obviously as the immediate results are wonderful, and luckily my skin hasn't had any severe reactions as it did with the liquid version but this small annoyance of tiny bumps that can hopefully be reconciled with some extra moisturisation is worth the results. I would more than likely repurchase this but I will look into other pressed powder foundations that are less drying, I don't mind having to do some counteraction but in the long run i feel something that does less harm to my skin would probably be more beneficial. ✌️💋

I love all things MAC. Every product I've tried never let me down. This product gives full coverage & it feels so smooth on your skin.