MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing powder that keeps you MATTE and keeps the makeup in place

on 10/9/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder a lot. I love it. It has medium + coverage. It doesn’t have the most natural look on me but it is ok. Don’t use it around my eyes aa it’s makes me look 100

on 10/5/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I've been using MAC's Studio Fix Powder foundation in NW22 for about 6 months. It agrees with my 70-years young dry skin as it does not settle into fine lines or pores and works best applied over a good moisturizer and sunscreen (Elta MD 46). I apply with either a dense brush (Sephora's Complexion Mini Multitasker) or the round sponge that is enclosed with the foundation. I find the brush works best by lightly buffing in and the sponge works well by stipple or patting the product onto your face. This would be a dream to apply with a Beauty Blender as well. I use a cream blush for a pop of color to my cheeks. What's not to like - it's a quality foundation with ample color choices and wears exceptionally well (on my skin) for about 5 hours before fading. It does not irritate my sensitive skin.

on 10/3/2018 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have dry skin and this makes my skin look worse. It really long-lasting so that why my skin is cakey all day even when i use a mist after putting it on. I think it will be perfect for people who have dry skin. I also hate the puff. But the shade range is aewsome

on 9/22/2018 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

TLDR; Great, buildable, flawless coverage but dried my skin out and slightly irritated it. Oily, sensitive and easily dehydrated skin.

This product has really left me with mixed feelings... not enough to stop using it though. I went to my local MAC counter at Selfridges after work around three weeks ago after i'd pondered all day over getting a new foundation. I'm oily and easily dehydrated so I stick to powder foundations as they help with mattifying my face but don't accentuate/create any dry patches as i've found mattifying liquid foundations have done for me in the past (sounds kind of ironic, right?). Usually I use a little-known mineral powder foundation named Pure Magic Minerals which is a small 'indie' brand from the UK, but it's crappy sifter jar leaves a lot to be desired especially when travelling so i felt like a pressed powder would be more suitable. I've tried studio fix fluid in the past which didn't agree but I had faith that the powder would do a better job. So, I tottered along to the MAC counter and picked myself up Studio Fix Powder in nc15, a small bottle of fix+ original and a generous sample of some form of primer that I managed to lose before I left Selfridges (fml). As soon as i arrived home, i took my day face off and buffed the powder in with a domed kabuki and applied two layers under my eyes with a soft eye shadow brush (I usually use a yellow correcting powder and my mineral powder foundation as under eye concealer). The results were fantastic. My skin was flawless; I went heavy first time as I wanted to test it's power (I prefer light coverage apart from the occasional night out during a break out, I like my pores to see sunlight during the day). My under eyes were perfectly concealed, no need for any colour correcting and I'm naturally an NC15 with very dark purplish under-eye circles, black eye dark on my right hand eye. I was amazed, it looked natural still, no powdery finish, just a solid matte. I added I think three spritzes of fix plus just to meld it more with my skin, i like a satin to dewy finish even though I'm oily. After 10 minutes I could feel a slight itch, then half an hour later I had to remove the make up because the itching was becoming worrying and I did not want to risk a cystic break out. I wondered if it was due to the fix plus as i've had misfortune with other facial sprays in the past so i applied a little of the powder the morning after without using the spray- it felt slightly uncomfortable but no where near as bad. Since then i've not encountered that uncomfortable sensation and have carried on using Studio fix powder daily- I'm guessing the irritation was due to the fix plus. I'd started to develop small, hard bumps/pimples (milia?) only on my forehead so i've opted to only apply a dense layer of the powder under my eyes and a light dusting over my face (avoiding the pimply forehead area) to hide my pigmentation and pores somewhat. I wondered if these bumps were due to the powder dehydrating my skin i've started using a more intense moisturiser on the night with my regular jojoba oil- lo and behold the small bumps are beginning to go (touch wood). It's annoying obviously as the immediate results are wonderful, and luckily my skin hasn't had any severe reactions as it did with the liquid version but this small annoyance of tiny bumps that can hopefully be reconciled with some extra moisturisation is worth the results. I would more than likely repurchase this but I will look into other pressed powder foundations that are less drying, I don't mind having to do some counteraction but in the long run i feel something that does less harm to my skin would probably be more beneficial. ✌️💋

I love all things MAC. Every product I've tried never let me down. This product gives full coverage & it feels so smooth on your skin.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate that I love this foundation. I have NC20 (what I am most of the time), NC25, NC35, and I think C2 depending on what time of year I need to wear this. MAC went back to testing on animals to break into the Chinese market (their laws require it) so after my MAC products run out I'm not buying more. It's for this reason I'm giving this product a 4/5.

As for it's performance, however, it never fails to blend seamlessly with or without primer on me. I love that I can build the coverage by using a wet or dry sponge as well. I tend to use a full coverage kabuki brush and really pack it down on areas I need more coverage because the color and coverage are smoothing in areas I have texture. I will say that you should exfoliate before using this if you have dry skin just like with any foundation. I don't find that it oxidizes, but it can get cakey if applied over a liquid foundation because it has a much thicker texture than, say, Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless Finish powder. Where CT's powder does not provide coverage and is wonderful to set liquid foundations, this powder acts as an "all in one" kind of product and should not be used to set liquids unless you want an extremely full coverage, mask-like finish, which is great for stage makeup but not real life.

I really wish I could continue to use MAC products but as long as they continue to abide by these heinous animal testing laws, I just can't get behind their brand.

on 8/29/2018 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Never ever again. One of the worst Mac products. Leaves you looking oily, cakey and orange like a tangerine cos it oxidizes on your face. And please do not use this to set foundation cos this is a powder foundation itself not a setting powder to be used on top of liquid foundation.

on 8/23/2018 7:59:00 AM

I’ve tried quite possibly every top branded makeup over the last few years. At 30 I still suffer with break outs and have oily teenage skin. I tried four different makeup artists for my wedding makeup and the winner was MAC. This foundation with a setting spray kept me matte all day even in the heat, I’ve just purchased it myself and on day three I absolutely love it. No going back for me!

This one is a must-have on my makeup kit. I don't use much makeup on a daily basis and this one is definitely doing its job when it comes to basic coverage. I love it.