Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Despite the fact that their products run on the light side & don't offer shades for people with dark/black skin, I've been a Physicians Formula fan for a long time & this compact doesn't disappoint. Bronze Gems Matte & Bright Bronzer is a bronzer, highlighter, & eye shadow; however, I use this as an allover powder & highlighter. The reason why I use this as a face powder as opposed to an actual bronzer is because the matte brown color is in fact a matte shade. The multi-gold tones gems are really good highlighters. Sometimes I like to sweep the colours across my cheekbones &/or down my nose to give myself a little bit of shimmer. I honestly & probably won't repurchase because it's pricey at $14, but if finances aren't an issue for you, I recommend this. You'll get your money's worth because it's basically a multiuse powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Physician's Formula is one of my favorite brands for bronzers, and this is no exception. I love the matte part of this bronzer since it isn't orange or muddy at all and it gives me a really tanned look for my NC35 complexion. I don't really use the shimmer part since it's really chalky and unpigmented, and I took off one lippie for that. This has never broken me out, like all my other PF products. It's a really good bronzer that's really pigmented, but really buildable. Another negative though, it the packaging. After 2+ years of using this almost daily, the hinge has broken, and the lid won't stay closed so I have to keep it upright and on a flat surface. I really love this product though, and I would repurchase!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this bronzer at my local drugstore. It cost about 10$. I have purchased the version with the moon in the corner a few times and I love it. I have sensitive/combo olive skin and these bronzers deliver beautiful color and they never irritate my sensitive skin. However, the quality of the packaging is the worst of all time. Both of my PF bronzers are being held together with rubber bands. The matte bronzer is a highlighter, bronzer and eye shadow and it comes with a brush and mirror on the opposite side. Which is actually all kind of cool. The mirror never gets dusty and I have used the little applicator brush. I actually like the little applicator brush. I had a Lancome bronzer that I la la loved but, it was LE and once it was gone I had to go back to old breaky lid and rubberband around my bronzy! Truth is that the bronzer in the PF is just as good as the Lancome one I enjoyed wearing. Will I buy this bronzer again? for sure! The product is stellar and it has a pretty affordable price.

on 8/24/2009 11:08:00 PM

Like this a lot! I love multi-use products and this is mostly a medium bronzer with three smaller "gems" of pink, gold and copper on the side.
They can be used as subtle eyeshadows or highlights. I bought the Bronzer shade and it's perfect--not too dark or light.

Great bronzer for me! Nice and mild; does not look like cheap tan-in-a-can. Comfortable, not irritating or powdery. Looks shimmery and sunshiney- a nice look to perk up winter a little bit! Very cute packaging with a little "gem" on top of the pretty silver compact, too.

Finally, I would like to commend Physicians' Formula for making a non-animal-tested product.

I love this bronzer, I have it in the lightest shade. I really liked the Shimmer strips bronzer by PF as wel, but it's too shimmery at times. This is matte, which I wanted to try and it's awesome, it's pretty sheer, but I love the look on me. Other bronzers have an orange tint to it, and it looks ridiculous on me cause I'm a very light (VERY VERY light brown) shade. It gives me a really nice and very natural color. I use it on my temples and my nose.

I <3 it, and I'm definately repurchasing. I love PF, it's my favorite brand.

on 3/28/2007 4:08:00 PM

I was quite excited to try this product because it was practically screaming at me to purchase it at Walgreens. This is fairly expensive for a drugstore product - $13, but that seems to be the trend of lately. Im here to report that this product did not meet my expectations. I absolutely love the last Physicians Formula product I tried the Virtual Face Powder, so I was hoping for similar success. Not the case! I have this in the shade Bronzer. Let me say this is definitely not very pigmented which can be advantageous for bronzers as I tend to over-apply and end up with muddy face. The bronzer portion is supposed matte but it has the slightest satin-finish so gives you that natural sun-kissed look without any shimmer. However, it almost borders on orange on me, which usually doesnt happen with me and bronzers. Furthermore, its hard not to swirl your brush into the shimmer three jewels so you do end up with some random sparkles. No big deal because those jewels are extremely chalky and non-pigmented. I cant imagine trying to use these upon the eyelids because I would be spending hours digging my shadow into the jewels to get some product and color. Boo! The staying power of this is all right, lasted all day until I washed my face without noticeable streaking. I hate the dorky packaging with the cheapy rhinestone. The brush is crap and I cant see why the mirror cant be placed on the top. This product should not be this bulky. Overall this is an okay product because I like how its buildable but I think Wet n Wild makes way better bronzers that are way cheaper. I guess Ill keep this for now or swap it. Would not repurchase.