Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer
Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

2.8

on 10/27/2012 4:26:00 PM

This is my fav. bronzer. Although it is annoying that I end up wasting a lot of product due to the packaging (never use all of the glittery colors, or the bronzer bordering them), the color is perfect for my cool, fair skin tone. I sway every once and a while, but always keep coming back to this one.

on 9/7/2011 9:35:00 AM

I really like the matte part; there are very few bronzers that will work with pale complexions, and this one is buildable enough that it doesn't make my face look dirty or orange, just gives a healthy glow.

I wish the shimmery shades were not included in the same compact, though, because the sparkles transfer to the matte part and then to my face. I have tried them as eyeshadow, and they're ok but not great- too many sparkles (may be fine for evening or for someone in their teens or 20's).

The packaging- it looks cute with the little rhinestone on the cover, but of course the rhinestone falls off if you carry the compact around, and I found that the hinge breaks easily so then you have no cover.

Despite the negatives, it is still a very good product, especially for fair skin, and I will repurchase.

on 8/14/2011 12:08:00 PM

i bought this product looking for a nice, matte bronzer and i really really wanted this to work for me! the color was very pretty going on my skin and i loved that! i hated the little brush it came with though. and the eyeshadows i didnt really care for. but what i hated most about it, was after using it for a couple days, i broke out with a lot of tiny bumps all over my skin! it was so embarrassing i couldnt believe it broke me out! i will never repurchase this product again. so if you have oily skin, this definately isnt the product for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product from my local Ulta and at first thought it was the best! At that time i liked how it blended well with my natural tan and when it came to winter, i figured it would keep my face still looking tan. About a week or so later after purchasing this, my face broke out in little bumps around my nose and for head. I really, REALLY wanted this to work for my face but I guess it doesn't. If you don't have sensitive skin or skin thats prone to breakouts, buy this!! But unfortunately, it didn't work for me:( One thing I loved was how it had its own mirror and lil compartment for the brush to apply this with! haha, but I didn't like the brush so I just used one of mine to apply this with. The brush it came with was cheap and I got BARELY any product of my face. Hope this helped you! (: