Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

2.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Physician's Formula is one of my favorite brands for bronzers, and this is no exception. I love the matte part of this bronzer since it isn't orange or muddy at all and it gives me a really tanned look for my NC35 complexion. I don't really use the shimmer part since it's really chalky and unpigmented, and I took off one lippie for that. This has never broken me out, like all my other PF products. It's a really good bronzer that's really pigmented, but really buildable. Another negative though, it the packaging. After 2+ years of using this almost daily, the hinge has broken, and the lid won't stay closed so I have to keep it upright and on a flat surface. I really love this product though, and I would repurchase!

on 3/9/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so the packaging got me to try this one. ;-) It seems I never have any luck with Physicians Formula though, but I had high hopes for this pretty little gem. I love the container and the design on the top of the Bronzer. I will try the flowers as eye shadow before I totally give up on this one and take it back. The bronzer itself was like dirt on my face. I chose the lighter shade 2672 to avoid the orange look, even though I have med. skin tone. It did not work. I still got the orange thing from it, and my face actually looked dirty. I had to wash it off fast. So to me, the bronzer is a no go. I will not try to buy another one of these. I am disappointed yet again with P.F. bronzers, but hey...perhaps I can use the flowers as shadow. I will update later if things should change. I gave the packaging a 5 because it really is adorable.

on 3/28/2007 4:08:00 PM

I was quite excited to try this product because it was practically screaming at me to purchase it at Walgreens. This is fairly expensive for a drugstore product - $13, but that seems to be the trend of lately. Im here to report that this product did not meet my expectations. I absolutely love the last Physicians Formula product I tried the Virtual Face Powder, so I was hoping for similar success. Not the case! I have this in the shade Bronzer. Let me say this is definitely not very pigmented which can be advantageous for bronzers as I tend to over-apply and end up with muddy face. The bronzer portion is supposed matte but it has the slightest satin-finish so gives you that natural sun-kissed look without any shimmer. However, it almost borders on orange on me, which usually doesnt happen with me and bronzers. Furthermore, its hard not to swirl your brush into the shimmer three jewels so you do end up with some random sparkles. No big deal because those jewels are extremely chalky and non-pigmented. I cant imagine trying to use these upon the eyelids because I would be spending hours digging my shadow into the jewels to get some product and color. Boo! The staying power of this is all right, lasted all day until I washed my face without noticeable streaking. I hate the dorky packaging with the cheapy rhinestone. The brush is crap and I cant see why the mirror cant be placed on the top. This product should not be this bulky. Overall this is an okay product because I like how its buildable but I think Wet n Wild makes way better bronzers that are way cheaper. I guess Ill keep this for now or swap it. Would not repurchase.