4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I’ve read that this is a dupe for NARS Orgasm, but since I don’t have NARS Orgasm I can’t confirm if this is true or not. What I can confirm is that this is a coral blush with some gold reflects in it. Hot Mama has a fairly intense pigment to it so a light hand is recommended but my goodness this is gorgeous! I use my favorite blush brush (IT Cosmetics French Boutique angled brush) to apply this. It is a medium density brush that splays out the exact right amount to get a perfect application every time. Packaging is really cute, and I reach for this blush almost daily, especially during warm weather months. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

7 months ago

Every makeup lover out there has a holy grail-status, go-to peachy pink blush with gold shimmer in their repertoire, and well, this is mine. Trust me when I say this, but as a blush hoarder that has owned it all from NARS, MAC, Tom Ford, Hourglass, Becca, etc., theBalm's Hot Mama is hands down one of the only blushes I will ever repurchase, replace, and travel with if I had to narrow down my options. I know some people will feel a little apprehensive about the shimmer in this, but this blush is so finely milled and diffused that it translates as a gorgeous glow on the cheek versus chunks and flecks of glitter. It's simply gorgeous, and a complete no-brainer if you wanted to achieve that perfect summertime glow as your look. This blush, coupled with Becca's Champagne Pop highlighter, is one of my favorite combinations for everyday, going out, special occasions... the magic of this blush is that it goes with almost any look. I wear this on my lighter makeup days and heavier makeup days as well, as this blush is just that versatile! I went through similar blushes from more expensive makeup lines as well twice or even three times as fast, but I've owned this Hot Mama forever, and have barely made a dent in my pan. BARELY. You only need a very light hand with this one and most of the time, a simple tap suffices. Even though this isn't necessarily the cheapest blush upfront, its surprisingly high pigmentation stretches the mileage of your hard-earned dollars. Love!

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

8 months ago

Let me preface that I never thought I would love anything more than Nars' orgasm. I've hit pan on that. I would wear it for days in a row because I loved it that much, despite my collection of 30 plus blushes. I went to Marshalls one day and saw this for $8. I was already fond of thebalm's frat boy and mary loumanizer (hit pan on that too) so I gave it a go. I didn't expect to completely fall in love with this. It's similar to orgasm but it's so much more pigmented on my NC30 skin tone. The packaging is so cute and I prefer it more to the rubberized Nars packaging. Definitely recommend this!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I was pleasantly surprised by this! I'd been wanting to try Nars Orgasm, but didn't really want to pay the price, and I was nervous the glitter would be too much. After some research, TheBalm Hot Mama came up as a dupe. I ordered it, and I actually really like it! I'm half Asian, half caucasian, and an NC20 in Mac and wear Ecru in Double Wear and Snow in Too Faced Peach Perfect. You need to use a pretty light hand with this as it's quite pigmented and easy to go overboard. It had a very soft gold highlight to it that doesn't accentuate my pores too much (I'm a super oily girl). I would definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

from

a year ago

This looks very natural on me i am nc20 c1 neutral asian light skin. The shimmers in here arent obnoxious as it looks in the pan. This is a healthy flush coral that isnt clown like. Its a great summer spring time color. It looks better than nars orgasm and deep thoart. It blends beautifully, better than nars for sure. I reach for this for a natural flushed cheeks in the sun look. I just wish the packaging was better and not paper lol i have the mini and when i run out i will not repurchase because i dont like the gold sheen with the pink, i feel this combo a bit odd espcecially in the colder months. I rather have a matte blush i can add highlight to. I only have a few blushes in my collection because i am very picky when it comes to blushers.

About reviewer (392 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This is one of my everyday used blushes. This is my no think blush, I will use it to work and on nights out. This is what I wish NARS Orgasm was. It has a gold sheen that I love, not to glitter but a nice sheen highlight that I appreciate I don't really like highlighters on my oily skin. It is long lasting and can be sheered out or with a slightly heavier application can really intensify the gold sheen. It is my only not matte blush that I love.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I absolutely love this blush! It is the perfect colour for my skin tone, isn't overly pigmented but buildable and has some serious longevity. I am always impressed with products from TheBalm, and this is no exception. I use this almost daily and sometimes layer my peach blush from Ofra over it to give me an even glowier look.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Probably my fav of the 'Nars-Orgasm' dupes. The base colour leans peachy-pink with a warm golden sheen. Powder is finely milled, blends easily. Great summer colour, the only downfall seems to fade through the day needing reapplication. Cardboard casing typical of The Balm products, comes with a mirror, is light weight, compact and great for travel. Also works great as a highlight topper for matte blushes of similar colour. Love it! Strongly recommend.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

I have the teeny tiny pot of this from In the Balm of Your Hand palette that I got for Christmas 2015, and I'm nowhere close to hitting pan despite using it daily. I've found myself reaching for this consistently for the past few months despite having a loooot of blush. This is what I wanted NARS Orgasm to be, but this is without the super chunky glitter (although I'm not against layering NARS on top of this blush for an extra glow) So gorgeous when swatched and lasting power is pretty decent! I love theBalm products and this one is easily at the top of the list.

About reviewer (216 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

3 years ago

HG blush!!! This is the most perfect blush I've ever used. You don't even have to wear a highlighter when you're wearing this blush. It is the perfect all day blush. If I want to be more fancy for a date, I simply brush on NARS orgasm blush over-top and I am set. This blush seriously lasts you foreeeever! Totally worth the price :) The staying power is incredible as well, lasts all day and doesn't break you out. If you don't have this blush, I suggest you ruuuun, not walk to get it ;)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm