Buxom Lips - Dolly

Buxom Lips - Dolly

4.3

on 2/1/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Just don't like the menthol/mint taste and aroma, find it very strong. The formula itself is thick, waxy and coats/protects lips. But the taste is off-putting. Dolly is a pale pink frost that is a bit too light to wear alone on my NC25 complexion (might look good on darker skins or with a tan), I need a bit more color to not look washed out at my advanced age (57)

This is the perfect gloss/lip polish if you want something close to your natural lip color only enhanced. It's perfect for the everyday makeup look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A medium-toned mauve gloss with tiny gold sparkles. Fairly pigmented for a gloss but not opaque. I love this color. It's very feminine and coordinates with almost any look. My only gripe is the price, but that's simply because I don't think anybody should spend more than drugstore prices on lip gloss - unless it's YSL. And Buxom always seems to have some lip set out so there's almost no point in buying these full price. Muahahaha.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I so wanted to love Dolly. The basic color of this (mauve), is usually a color that I love, but for some reason on me Dolly makes me look 'tired' and 'old'. Just not a flattering color for me, and mauves are usually safe for me. But color aside, performance is what I base my rating on mostly. For me, this is one Buxom lip product that for me applies patchy. Plus there is the usual tingling and slight mint smell with this that prevails in Buxom lip products, but that is just a personal (non) preference. I know shades and tingling feeling are personal, but the patchy application also for me makes this a no-go for me. This one also gets gummy/gunky for me......I love many Buxom lip products, this one is just a pass for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love this lipgloss! Even though I already have naturally full lips, the tingling feeling is addicting to me, and I love the smooth texture and shine. It looks great alone and with a lipstick. Staying power is good. There's nothing I can name that I do not like about this gloss. The color is lovely...a subtle berry that is low maintenance (no frequent touch ups needed) and perfect for any setting. I would imagine this gloss would be well suited for most skin tones. I can see why it is so popular for sure and would purchase it again.

Umb love love love. I made a purchase at Sephora and you know how they give you the free bees! I got a clear gloss. My lips started to tingle and feel so plump and full. I just love the way this product makes your lips feel. I can honestly say I've never had a gloss challenge my winter, chapped lips and succeed. Not only do I love the feel but it's not to glossy that it moves around it stays on your lips. I tell you one coat and you'll feel the same. Must have in my Arsenal. Downfall I only like very light, clear colors. The last 2 times I went to purchase they were sold out. I had to get a purple tint and dark pink. The color is strong. It goes on a lot darker than the box color leads you to believe. Get clear if you can. I was not paid to write this review and I'm a real person.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian previously and really loved the creaminess, plumping and staying power of this gloss even though I've never been a big fan of lip gloss. This time I decided I wanted to try Dolly and see if it lives up to all the hype. I definitely believe it does! This color is perfect for everyday use. It's almost the same color as my lips, only better. I like that it isn't too sticky and my lips feel very moisturized in addition to a subtle plumping. The color is gorgeous and this gloss really stays put. LOVE IT! Will definitely be buying again.

on 9/21/2015 2:08:00 PM

I have this color in both formulas; the cream & sparkly. It's a lovely mauve. I'm not a fan of the packaging, the tubes always manage to leak & make a mess. I don't hav ethis problme with glosses from other brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this lip - polish, I like the plumpness - effect thus the packaging in golden. Kinda reminds me of stila, and Bare Escentuald (Bare Minerals) moxie lipglosses and the other buxom ones glosses. A but tacky, I honestly like b/c it helps the formula last longer. Good colour. Great material for the price in sephora

This is going to be a strange review, because I actually really liked this product and the bee-stung lips it gave me-but I will not buy it again-I will explain why later. The packaging is fairly typical-a tube with an applicator set into the top-my only quibble here is that the labeling on the outside tends to wear off very quickly, and it's a bit annoying if you are trying to remember what the color is called. It's a little sticky, so it's not something I would recommend wearing to dinner, but it is very shiny, a nice color, and stays put for a couple of hours before wearing off. The initial tingling caused by the plumping element goes away very quickly after application, and isn't uncomfortable-it leaves me with a sort of pleasant cool feeling, as though I've just had an Italian ice. It also doesn't come off on my teeth, which is very nice. As far as pricing goes, I don't recall exactly how much I paid for it, but I don't believe it was terribly expensive, as I don't normally splurge on lip gloss. So....if it's all that and a bag of chips, why am I not planning to buy some more? The reason is because I had some sort of allergic reaction to it that caused the tip of my tongue to go numb, similar to the way it might feel a day or two after receiving a pizza burn. Not sure why this happened, or what ingredient caused it, but I'm bummed about it because I really do like this gloss, and if it didn't have that effect on me, I would probably buy it again.