New York Color Ultra Moist Lip Wear Retro Red 308B

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Retro Red is a very beautiful warm/orange-tinted red. I own a few drugstore reds including Wet n Wild's Stoplight Red which is more of a true BRIGHT red than a warm red, so I'm glad to have this one for the unique look that a warmer red creates on my pale, neutral toned skin.

it's true that the formula is extremely greasy so lip liner is critical for a precise application. I have yet to wear this for a full day so I can't comment on how it wears but it seems like it would transfer like crazy, and require frequent touch ups. The formula is not drying like a true matte and stays creamy so lip balm/gloss is not necessary.

All in all, a very pretty and affordable high maintenance (warm) red.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is by far my absolute all time favorite red lipstick. ^_^ It's THE PERFECT shade of red, no other lipstick even comes close to this for me. I've tried countless red lipsticks, and I always seem to end back up at this old favorite. :) It was also my first red lipstick when I first tried red back in high school. Here's my review! ^_^

Price: The only thing that can beat the price on this lipstick would be to make it free! XD lol. At 99 cents, it's a steal. Even if you're on the fence about this one and just want to try it, I say for the price, go for it!.

Packaging: As much as I love this lipstick, I do wish the packaging was a bit better. I love the bullet like shape, but hate that the cap is not so gentle- it's very easy to pull the cap off too hard or too quickly and break the lipstick right off. :/ Which I have done, lol. So be gentle!

Appearance: Very pigmented and a true red! ^_^ Looks shiny, but not overly so (not like a gloss, which has that sticky feel I can't stand). This also has a lot of moisture and does not dry out my lips. One swipe, and you're good to go! I did find that this lipstick does tend to bleed on me without a good lipliner to keep it in place (I use the NYX retractable lipliner in Red). So definitely recommend a lipliner with this one. Also, it is not a long lasting lipstick (but I've yet to find a lipstick that lasts all day without touch ups, so this is not a deal breaker for me). This is definitely my go to lipstick when I want to do my pinup look. ^_^ Also, it's got this sort of cherry-like taste and scent- love that about it. :D

Overall: I give this lipstick 5 stars. ^_^ It's the perfect shade of red, perfect amount of shine, and can't be beat at 99 cents. Would not recommend if you're looking for something that lasts all day or has a more matte look. But I recommend at least giving this one a try! :) I also use the Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Certainly Red when I want something that holds up a bit better. However, that has a more ruby shade with pink undertones (which I'm not a huge fan of). Definitely prefer the color of the Retro Red. ^_^

A great red lipstick for anyone on a tight budget, it's only 99 cents! Highly pigmented and goes on smoothly. A true red color that leans slightly towards the warmer side.

This color goes on vibrant but It only lasted about twenty minutes before it started to fade away.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cheap drugstore red. You really cant beat the $.99 price tag. However its not my favorite red at the drugstore. But if youre looking for a nice cheap lipstick this works very well.

I love this color. Its cheap and its lasts me the whole day. Its moist and does not dry. I used to wear Mac chili lipstick but this one replaced it. The only thing I do not like is the packaging. The cover nicks the lipstick easily and the lipstick itself can break easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is RED. sure the packaging is super flimsy. But the color is excellent. Very comfortable non drying... Just don't put it in your bag. That cap will come off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Moisturizing, great color, lasts all day. I love this color, and it's so cheap you can buy several! Great buy. I will be buying again and different colors. The only con is the packaging makes it easy to bump the lipstick with the top. Not a very big con, honestly.hh

This was my first red lipstick! I always thought red wasnít my color, but having this latest trend (you look around and everyoneís wearing red these days..right?!), I wanted to try it. I didnít felt like spending a lot since I wanted to experiment. I read quite positive reviews on NYC Lipsticks and decided to buy it. Cost wise itís very cheap (under $3 Canadian with tax). I love the pigmentation; the color is deep and bright which gives you a perfect finish in just one go. However, you can apply 2 layers or more if you want to achieve an intense dramatic look. As the name suggests ďultra moistĒ, itís quite moisturizing for my lips and I never have any issues of dried lips when I put the lipstick on.

As far as the packing goes, I never had any issues but I read a lot of reviews where people were complaining about the packaging and breaking off the product while opening and closing it. I agree itís a bit difficult when you open it for the first time but all you have to do is be a little careful and not put too much pressure on the cap while opening/ closing it. I have been using this product for over a year now and never damaged my lipstick. All in all, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not really a lipstick kind of lady, but with everyone rocking red lips around me, I wanted to try it out for myself. Retro Red seemed like a good place to start; it was cheap ($1 at Duane Reade!), the perfect, classic shade of red, and had great reviews. One complaint is the initial packaging; mine did not have perforations along the plastic so it was nearly impossible to get it out of the plastic and I ended up scratching up the tube. You also need to be very precise when putting the cap back on or you'll end up with lipstick all over it.

Sadly for me, I could not quite pull it off. I feel like bold red lips would look best on ladies with a very defined lip line, and smooth skin on their lips (neither of which apply to me). The staying power is amazing, as I am struggling to get the color off my lips to no avail (it has faded a bit, but still quite pigmented all around).

I am willing to give it another go though (I need to work on my application as I can't just "swipe and go" for this bold hue), because the color is lovely and it's the only red lipstick I've tried so far that actually looks like it could work with my warm skintone (I am an NC 25/30). I've played around with my other makeup and seems like it would work best if I evened out my skintone (thanks, BB cream) and kept my brows bold but neat. No blush or eyemake up for me, my high cheekbones tend to make bold makeup look drag queen like on me (no offense to my Queens).

Have fun with this one, it's low risk for $1, but be prepared to have stained lips through the day (which may not be the worst thing).