Lavanila Pure Vanilla

Lavanila Pure Vanilla

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I have wanted to try this fragrance for a long time, and finally bought the roller ball for myself for Christmas. I used to own the Vanilla Coconut from this brand and liked it ok, but it was just a bit too sweet for me. First off, Pure Vanilla is not your classic vanilla scent, despite the name. The ratings of this product reflect that, as the name is a bit misleading. It is not a 'pure' vanilla scent. I would describe it as a musky vanilla with a slightly powdery note. When first applied there is definitely a strong alcohol scent which is the first thing I smell. Then the powdery musky scent comes out and finally the vanilla. As the scent wears down and blends with my body chemistry the vanilla becomes more prominent and sweet. As it wears it smells more like vanilla and musk. It lasts a decent amount of time on me - 10 to 12 hours probably. I do really like this scent, especially in cold weather but can understand why it isn't for everybody. It actually reminds me a bit of Stila Creme Bouquet, if CB had more musk and wood notes in it. I would probably repurchase.

Smells amazing. However, as Sephora stopped selling this stuff, I placed a large order directly from the company online. They charged me for it but (as of four months later) never sent it, and did not respond to my attempts to contact them. I had file a dispute through my credit card company to get my money back. I can no longer recommend this company.

on 7/23/2016 11:58:00 PM

It smells pretty good but has very little lasting power. I do like the rollerball applicator.

on 2/27/2016 4:18:00 AM

I have researched the ingredients of Lavanila products, and they contain synthetic fragrance oils. It is a man-made chemical fragrance. Not only this, but they admit this on their own website right here: http://www.lavanila.com/pages/ingredients ->Just click on the Botanical Fragrance Blend.

These are not natural.
These are chemical fragrances made in a laboratory.

I have no idea where this myth appeared that said Lavanila products are natural. The company does not even make this claim anywhere on their own website. They are upfront and honest. The oil blend contains Nature Identical Oils, which are petrochemical based.

When will people learn? Smells awful, smells chemical, and I bought mine from a dishonest online store claiming it to be "protective and all natural" Bah. Gives me a headache and made me feel sick. Please spread the news that this contains man-made fragrance.

on 9/10/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love vanilla fragrances and i wanted to like this one. But it smells fake and cheap!!
Will not buy it again.

Pure Vanilla is what it says it is. Pure, delicious, warm vanilla on my skin. When I first spray it, it has a strong alcohol smell that quickly disappears, leaving a warm, yummy, vanilla scent that is mmmmm....delectable. It doesn't hurt that my husband loves to get close and admire the scent. ;) It's also great for layering to add additional depth other perfumes you might have in your collection. Pure Vanilla is a day and night, any time of the year scent that I am glad I got my hands on. It lasts a long time on my skin, and love that I can still smell it hours later. It is a bit spendy, but genuine vanilla fragrances usually are. Also, Lavanila uses no synthetic chemicals in any of their perfumes, which is a huge bonus in my book. A+ Lavanila!

on 8/12/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is all-natural? My headache tells me otherwise. I was also surprised that the predominant base note was something between baby powder and white musk. Sweet musky baby powder with fake vanilla on top. Not for me.

I've long been a vanilla lover! I'm a collector of niche vanillas and feel I have a nose for good vanilla fragrances.I discovered this one recently at Sephora and was drawn to the creamy,spicy,cocoa butter,vanilla extract-like scent it left on my arm.It's free of chemicals,and it's very long lasting.I wasted no time going to the Lavanila website and placing an order for a deluxe set in pure vanilla.My favorite form is the pure vanilla oil.They sent me a free gift of three purse sprays.Fabulous product and company!

on 2/26/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am absolutely obsessed with this perfume. I first came by it after receiving a sample tube from Sephora in my makeup order. I could not get over how amazingly yummy it smelled, and wore it nearly every day. Sadly, I ended up spilling it down the drain because the packaging was less than functional...

However, I finally got around to buying a rollerball last year on my birthday, and boy am I glad I did! Everyone seems to hate this perfume, which I understand why, because it smells like straight alcohol in the bottle and upon first application. But after dabbing my wrists together, the scent comes out, and it's just.......heaven. It's a very mature, sensual vanilla...but with that little kick of foodiness that I adore. I'm sure it doesn't work on some people because of body chemistry, but I love the way it smells on me. My boyfriend constantly tells me I smell like straight marshmallows, which is exactly what I want! :)

If you like the scent, I suggest getting the rollerball...it's only $20, and I've had it for almost a year and the product hasn't even gone down an inch!

SIDE NOTE: If you are sensitive to certain fragrances, be careful...I applied this heavily when I first got it, almost every 2 hours because I was obsessed, and ended up with horrible migraines. Use it sparingly and you should be okay. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a really lovely vanilla scent, and i've used it for years. It's suppose to be more like the bean and less like the cookie, and I would say that's absolutely right. It doesn't smell like a teenager should wear it, it's more sophisticated. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this. It's not overpowering, but it lasts on the skin. It has Madagascar Vanilla, Freesia, Patchouli, Heliotrope, and Tonka bean notes in it. I also own the Vanilla Grapefruit one and I gave that five stars, but this is really good too.

Popular Fragrances