Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot

3.5

on 12/13/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love CSP - and this is no (fruity/sweet) exception. While not a HG, it is a sweet candy vanilla with peachy/apricot overtones (that fade all too quickly on me.

CSP is one of my favorite brands and I happen to like this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I wear this, all I feel like I smell like an average vanilla scented candle, such a disappointment in nothing special and actually rather artificial smelling imho. A bit of creaminess, but mainly sweetness/sugar/vanilla. Almost cloying but this is not a heavy scent at all. If you want to smell like a vanilla candle, this might be something you want to check out. If you like/prefer more complex fragrances, this would probably not be your thing. As others have said, this does not last long at all. After a couple hours it is all but completely vanished. You might be better off with a vanilla-scented body spray (for a third of the price) and it would probably last as long as this. I do not dislike this, just to me it is a light vanilla-sugar-candy-bomb that wears off really quickly. *shrug*

I went thru a huge perfume stage and this was by far my favorite (and for nights out I would mix it with a little angel). The smell of vanilla can nauseate me but this one mixed with the fruit is divine! A little goes a long way so the bottle lasts a long time. And I love the packaging. It isn't a delicate glass that I have to worry about breaking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a sugary confection scent, no doubt about it. It's vanilla like funnel cake and cotton candy at a fair. If there's fruit in it at all, apricot or otherwise, I don't pick up on it. Normally I don't like sugary sweet scents, but it's often because they have a sharp or cheap undercurrent. This one doesn't. It's actually a beautiful scent, pure and sweet, beautifully done.

on 3/11/2015 7:24:00 PM

I love this fragrance. It is a sweet smell, exactly like Starburst candy. Not for everyone, but I am really enjoying it! DH can smell the vanilla, so it does have a few layers to it. MMM yum.

on 9/19/2014 12:40:00 PM

I wore this stuff all through college, and bought a new bottle this week to wear to homecoming 10 years later.

There's something different about the fragrance in the new glass bottles. This formulation? lasts longer, has better sillage and is a lovely gourmand vanilla cake with some apricot, a little bit of almond, and definitely something something mildly floral.

Older version to me, was straight up very sugary cupcake/apricot tarte, but I didn't get anything floral at all. If Pink Sugar was a typical freshman dorm scent, CSP VA was the more upscale sorority house friend.

Again, here I am with another super sweet, gourmand perfume that I really enjoy. I swear, sugary sweet scents are not my favorite, even though it may appear that way by my other reviews. I tend to favor spicy, woodsy scents.

Having said that, I find Vanille Abricot to be exotic, tropical and sensual with a hint of hidden spice. I only wear it during the summer, and very sparingly at that, as it's syrupy sweet.

Although, as sweet as it is, there's something, maybe the apricot or jackfruit, that gives it a little pizzazz and energy.

This might sound strange, but I love to spray this on my furniture, especially my comforter. It smells like a vanilla cake with peppered fruit icing.

Even though it's not listed, there's cayenne pepper in here somewhere, I just know it.

on 4/28/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The most delicious foody perfume I own. Like liquid ice cream/sherbet. Or a creamy frothy beverage with a little umbrella sticking out of it. The richest, creamiest vanilla perfume -- with apricot added. You'll want to eat yourself with a spoon, it's so delicious. Yummy and heavenly. Drool-worthy.

An uplifting and *fun* fragrance to wear. Smells like summer vacation, and I would only wear it in warm weather. For me, it's the perfume equivalent of being on the boardwalk at the beach -- or sitting at a beach bar -- or like being at a carnival. It makes me think of Jimmy Buffet songs. Or steel drum music. Fun!

The silver metal spray *can* is awful, and you can't tell how much you have left. If I could see through the can, I'd almost expect to find a milky-white liquid, since it smells like the carrier must be a lovely cream -- and not the typical clear liquid carrier which contains alcohol.

Very smooth, creamy, sweet, and desserty. Like a spray-on smoothie. I'm wearing it now, and it's to-die-for delicious. But you really have to not mind smelling like an *actual* dessert, because that's what it smells like. You may draw comments about smelling like cookies or cupcakes. But for me, it's swoon-worthy, and wearing it just makes me feel *good*.

Several years ago, I read in a magazine that it was a favorite of model/actress ex-wife of Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards (who recently launched her own perfume, which is nothing like this one). I can see where Vanille Abricot might be popular with young women in warm, beachy, sunny California.

on 1/29/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is an utterly delectable scent. Vanille Abricot is everything I wanted Aquolina's Pink Sugar to be. It is definitely reminiscent of cotton candy, but it contains more depth than many foody perfumes. The jackfruit and apricot round out the sugary notes to create a candied scent that is more vibrant than cloying. The initial spray has more of the fruit than the drydown but I thoroughly enjoy both. As far as gourmand scents go, this is a fantastic vanilla. It is neither one-dimensional nor so packed with extra notes as to nauseate the wearer.

My only two issues with CSP VA are 1) that I immensely dislike the packaging and 2) the sillage is rather poor. That said, I would recommend this to any lover of Prada Candy, Flowerbomb, BS Fantasy, JS Fancy, etc. under the caveat that you may want to bring the fragrance (or a sample) around with you for touch-ups.

I loooooove this perfume. I'm obsessed with vanilla scented things and this is my favourite vanilla perfume (with Lavanila grapefruit coming in at second place). I've gotten quiet a few compliments on this, even a few times by random strangers and customers at work! I think the lasting power is decent. At first it seemed as though it faded after a few hours, but I kept getting comments on how it smelt from friends and coworkers so I have to assume that I've just gotten used to the smell on my skin. I've had perfumes who's scent last longer but they're often more expensive, no surprise there. I will definitely buy this again. Right now I only have the 30ml bottle but I'll upgrade to the bigger size once I run out.

Popular Fragrances