Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

on 12/29/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are so many health benefits, there is no reason why anyone should not give Omega 3 Fish Oil a try. Too many benefits for me to post all of them in this review. It's a relatively easy and inexpensive way to improve your health

I take the Vitacost brand Mega EFA Mini Gel Omega-3 EPA & DHA Fish Oil. I have a hard time swallowing large pills and most fish oils capsules are huge. 1 serving is supposed to be 4 capsules, but I take 6 daily. Besides being small, this brand has a high DHA ratio compared to other brands. High DHA is important to me since it seems to have the most benefits.

This supplement is def cumulative and it took about 2-3 months for me to start to feel physical improvement. Surprisingly when I went away last Oct and didn't take them for a week, I could have sworn I felt a decline. This could be mental, but I felt it in my joints upon my return.

The only con for me is that I have to keep them in the freezer and take them with food to avoid fish burps.

I was so excited about getting this fish oil because I heard so many positive reviews and people swearing that it got rid of breakouts in days. I have been taking the fish oil for six days now and haven't seen any positive results. My chin has not had so many terrible breakouts in god knows how long. The bumps near my mouth are so bad that they hurt especially at night when my face touches my pillow and they are definitely not pleasant to look at. I am going to stop the oil for a couple days and see what happens to my chin. Also want to add that I did not change my diet or do anything drastic just added the fish oil. I also remember something similar like this happening when I used a different brand. I broke out in the same area, on my chin and mouth area. Ughhh I guess fish oil just isn't for me. Gonna stick to eating fish instead and maybe hemp seed oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Why don't people waste money on delicious fish? A nice tuna steak and salmon fillet instead of a little pill. There is some research to say that nutrients or vitamins do not work optimally in an isolated state - like when put into a pill.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Dear everybody,
hey....okay i dont know for sure but i think fish oil might be the reason ive constantly kept losing my hair for the past 3 years. i had full density before. crapp. look i dont know for SURE if its causing it but its probable because of the high mercury and toxins in fish oil. ummm...i really dont know what to do. cuz i just realized that i didnt have any problems until i added fish oil. i cant believe it took me so long to realize this. im so angry. im going to do a further investigation and i promise ill get back to you guys.

also, please dont let my review stop u from taking fish oil. omega 3 is wonderful and your body absolutely needs it. please just be careful okay? be wary of anything out of the ordinary.

will get back to you in a week or so. take care <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HORRIBLE!!! a couple weeks into taking fish oil pills almost daily i REEKED of fish oil!! it was so sick and weird. also my scalp and t zone became more oily than it has ever been it was nuts. my face broke out in a bunch o those under the skin type pimples all around my mouth!! plz take wth caution!

on 8/27/2010 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Supreme fish oil. It contains 950 mgs. of fatty acids (DHA & EPA) per each 1360 mg. capsule of fish oil. I take 2-3 capsules daily--this much only because a cardiologist suggested fish oil as a treatment for a heart irregularity (PVCs) I was experiencing. I was amazed that the PVCs improved in three weeks and were gone by seven weeks. I had been experiencing them for over six months and prescription changes were not helping at all. I rarely have fishy burps but some people have to adjust to fish oil. Change brands if you burp too much. Purtain's has periodic Buy1/Get 3 Free sales.
My chronic acne problems did not seem to worsen or improve when I began using fish oil. Hair, nail condition, vision, mood or skin oiliness...no change. Fish oil lowers triglycerides but can raise total cholesterol in some people. That happened to me but the ratio of HDL/LDL stayed about the same. UPDATE: I have switched to the Nature Bounty 1,400mg. Fish Oil that I have only found at Costco. With this I can take one capsule daily and get much more omega acids because it is very concentrated.

I take these regularly and find that along with my vitamin E they keep my skin looking in tip top condition.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use Nordic Naturals Complete Omega 3-6-9 fish oil pills, one in the morning and one at night. This is a high quality brand that was recommended by my doctor and does run a little pricier than grocery brands---plus side there is not fishy smell or taste whatsoever!! It is important to be careful about just taking Omega 3 or 9 alone because one thins the blood and one thickens it (think emergency situation) so this one is great because its the combo. First thing that was very noticeable was my hair, I could never grow it out before because its fine and thin and flat, but I was getting married and determined to grow it long just for the special day. With these pills my hair not only grew faster it was thicker and healthier than ever before!! No one can believe it, now I get approached about how beautiful my long shiny hair is, and my family thinks I got extensions. My skin hasn't been as noticeable, but it definitely did not get worse and I am very acne prone. My husband just got a checkup for his allergies and they recommended the same pills (for general health not allergies). I was worried about the monthly cost getting pretty expensive so I did some investigating and it turns out you can get a huge bottle on Amazon for a great deal! Its worth a try, go for quality it makes the difference!!

I started taking this for health, not for beauty (that's what I tell myself anyway.. truthfully I started taking them for both!). Unfortunately I started getting very painful, large acne (unlike I have EVER had). It was so bad I had to stop the pills. And luckily the acne went away. I'm going to research more alternatives though, because I do believe omega 3's are very important for health. Maybe I'll just eat more tuna?? :)

on 12/15/2008 3:43:00 AM

I know that a few of you believe this to have a placebo effect, however, trust me when I say that I can tell a difference in my horribly acne prone skin. I started taking this product one week ago - just one week! - and already have I seen a dramatic difference in my disgusting skin! Acne has been smoothed over and is deflating, redness is blending into a healthy ivory (I am very pale, and my breakouts are even more pronounced due to it) and scars are fading! My skin also has a nice glow about it. I have not noticed a difference in my hair yet, but will update if I do, and incoming nail on my nailbed are much smoother and shinier, due to their young age or these pills has yet to be seen. My acne on my back has also reduced greatly. I have been using Now Super Omega 3-6-9 with Borage, Flax Seed and Fish Oil, that I stole from my brother (I don't know how much they cost, but will buy more when I need to!) I freeze these and this had decreased the fishy burps that I would sometimes experience when taking it with food. These pills, water, benzoyl peroxide, good foods, and sleep, have all been a huge factor in my becomingly beautiful skin.

Popular Other Products