Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been taking omega 3s on and off since I was 17. I have only been taking them daily for the past 6 mo or so with no breaks......the reason I would take breaks in the past was due to boredom or not seeing miracle results. But now at 25, I have to say - any results are a big deal. So I'll continue taking them. Especially now seeing the longterm results in my friends.

I use Nordic Naturals.
--------------------------------------------------------
I always try to wait a while before reviewing products just incase the initial opinions change as my skin (or body) adjust to it. Sometimes my thoughts on a product change later on due to several other variables, but I always make sure to update/edit my reviews. My body has had long enough to decide if it hates these. Luckily for me, there's been no negative effects. I haven't seen DRAMATIC positive results, but there has been enough of an impact that I will continue taking these.

Pros:
-My eyes are less red and less dry. Usually they hurt after a long day of staring at my computer screen but that is no longer the case by bedtime. They both look a lot clearer to me. Omega 3 is a common recommendation for dry eyes.

-Inflammation of my acne & post hyperpigmentation has decreased. KEEP IN MIND I am very diligent about my skincare and use products that target these type of issues already. I had already gotten rid of my acne for the most part. Nevertheless, I've still noticed a slight difference. My skin is (minimally) plumper. I've found that using a moisturizer helps my skin tolerate alpha hydroxy acids. It was a shock to me when I started noticing the omega 3s also could help in this manner. I never thought a supplement would protect my skin's barrier from within. Yet I am definitely able to apply my favorite glycolic acid toner daily now with 0 peeling.

-Recent new growth of hair is coming in a little bit healthier. It's been healthy since 2013 (I lost a ton in 2011-2012ish). But I'm noticing extra shine since adding these in...which is probably due to the neutral pro/con mentioned below.

Neutral pro/con:
-My (already oily) sebum production has started producing more oil. These supplements, based off what I've read on the science behind them affecting hormones, should be regulating my oil levels. :\ I was surprised that they actually increased it. This is bad news for my matte make up finish and greasy scalp. But... I'll make it work. The reason I consider this to be a neutral point rather than a straight up con is because I am a big believer that being oily skinned is a blessing in disguise when it comes to anti-aging and hair health. Think of it as a built in moisturizer. That's a huge reason I decided against ever going on Accutane despite every derm pressuring me. Note: If you are dry skinned naturally, omega 3 should help normalize your skin/oil production.

My biggest piece of advice is BE PATIENT and make sure you're getting an adequate dosage. It takes a few months for these to really get in your system.

Again - these haven't been miracle results but they're significant enough that I've noticed them. I'm sure they could be a miracle product for others. The person with the best skin I know in her 50s swears by these and I've seen INCREDIBLE results in others.

on 12/2/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think it is funny how people expect a supplement to work within a week. Let's get serious, in order for you to see or feel results you have to take the supplement daily and follow the dosage for a few months. I take Natures bounty fish oil 1000mg omega-3. The directions say to take 1 soft gel 3 times daily, preferably with a meal. Fish oil is awesome! It has helped me grow out my hair. My hair is healthier, stronger and LONG. I also take B-12 for hair growth. Everyone should take fish oil whether its for beauty or health purposes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use Cod Liver oil, I use about 1 or 2 tablespoons a day. My nails, skin and hair are all healthier and my colesteral levels are much better.
For people who have trouble with Fish Oil perhaps Hemp Seed oil would work for them.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been taking Omega 3 capsules, Walgreen brand for almost three years now. I have to say it has helped with my skin, my skin looks really good. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other benefits, I take it mostly for heart health benefits. I take two tablets two times a day.

on 2/22/2008 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One word: MIRACLE. My skin is horrible: always feels dirty/greasy in only a few hours after washing, oily, shiny, and acne prone. I can no longer say this about my skin. After working for hours the second day after using fish oil, my skin was not shiny at all and still felt clean. I couldn't believe it but it's only been a few days and it's still working for me. My hair has been soft and it usually gets greasy as well throughout the day but not anymore! I am so happy that my sister told me about this. She started taking fish oil because she is pregnant and read an article about it helping the baby's IQ. Her friends had noticed a huge difference in her hair and skin and she recommended it to me because we have similar hair and skin types. LOVE IT! Of course, may not work on everyone but it's worth a shot. I got the smaller package for only $6 , buy one get one free. Next time I'm going to purchase the bigger pack!

on 11/21/2007 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me...but this made my skin break out with the biggest zits ever. True, I am acne prone. But these were ENORMOUS. They were physically painful. My boyfriend actually would look at me and go "ouch!". They looked painful!! I didn't start getting them until about 2.5 months in. I stopped and have been off of them for 3 weeks now, and no break outs. So, if you have gotten terrible break outs then you are not alone!! But it seems for the most part people like this stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started out taking one fish oil pill a day, and i didn't see an difference in my skin or hair. I increased my doseage to two pill a day and that's when i started to break out. I dtopped taking the pills and my face is starting to clear up now. I will continue to take the pills only once a day until i finish the bottle. I won't be buying theses again. Maybe this pills are better for people with dry skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been taking these pills (thanks to the reviews on this board) for about 3 weeks. My hair is getting so long! My boyfriend loves it! I've never had a problem with my nails growing so I can't comment on that. But I love, love, love what it's doing for my hair!

Popular Other Products