e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought four of these eyeshadows for my custom compact and this is one of them. Ive been wanting to try these eyeshadows out because I like hte idea of having custom shades.

I found this eyeshadow to be pretty underwhelming...its a nice creamy white color with some shimmer but thats about as far as it goes for me. It applies powdery and then creased after a few hours.

Yea its cheap but I prefer better quality in my eyeshadows. I have a clinique duo eye shadow that was 15 bucks but its lasted me over 2 years and I use it almost every day!

This is the perfect ivory shimmery white colour.It is pigmented and stays on all day. It is a stark shimmery white colour that can be used for a highlight. Will re-purchase

on 9/9/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, fellow MUAers, how could so many of us have overlooked the obvious secondary use for this color?

Like some others, I found this a bit ... underwhelming on the eye. However, in a desperate bid to find a use for it, I dipped a powder-brush into it and applied on cheekbones (following blush), and... whoa! What a beautiful highlighter this becomes! There's a beautiful, sheer sheen to it that really brightens the skin, and absolutely no (none--zero--zilch) glitter.

If this is lying unloved in your stash someplace, drag it out and try it as a highlighter! True enough, it's only a dollar, but it might become a dollar very well spent.

on 9/9/2011 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of four colors i bough for my "Custom Eyes" and i didnt like this at all. None of these colors are at all pigminted, all so sheer you can barely see them. Don't like, tossed in the trash and won't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect white highlight shade, and it's only $1! The rest of their shadows don't wow me since the colors are fairly dupeable and the textures seem to be a bit chalky, but this classy, subtle pearly off white shadow is a winner. It seems to go with cool and warm eyeshadows equally well since the white is more creamy rather than a stark blue-toned white. It's much less frosty than Nylon and Phloof! from MAC. It's more of a subtle glow than a frosty shade.You could even wear it on the browbone, but I prefer it for the inner corners of my eyes. The finish is sheer and the texture smooth and slightly powdery. I didn't expect to find my HG highlight shade in the E.L.F. $1 makeup line, honestly.It's the only E.L.F. product I use every day and I can't see myself using any other highlighter as long as this one is made. Cheap and fabulous!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice white eyeshadow which makse a great brow and inner-eye-corner highlighter! no obvious shimmer but not matte either, it's in between. good staying power with a base and very little fallout. you get a generous amount too. simply put: a very good white eyeshadow for a cheap price.

I recently did a huge ELF haul b/c, well, for $1 a product it would be dumb not to check them out. I liked most of the eyeshadows I purchased, but this was the most versatile and my fave. It is a shimmery pearl color and serves as a fantastic highlighter with almost any shade of eyeshadow. I found it to be especially pretty with their moondust and their lilac. I would have given it 5 lippies, but the excess that I have to blow off every time is annoying. Of course for $ that is no big deal, but still cost it a lippy in my book! I am doing a review for each of the products I ordered for those of you who are curious whether or not $1 cosmetics could possibly be good!

on 10/19/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this shadow makes an awesome highlight. Unfortunately i can't write a very FULL review, as I bought this purely to be used as a high light and haven't used it in many other situiations, but for being only a dollar, I think it's very pretty and pearly, and attracts alot of attention to my eyes.
I love using it with dusk and my chocolate brown and gold shadows to create a smoky eye that is so pretty it's almost otherworldoy.