3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I tried this for a while before using the "Special" version for dry skin. Even though I have sensitive combination skin with no major eye issues, this balm didn't feel very hydrating and does nothing for you especially if you're in your 30s and older and wanting wrinkle prevention. In fact, I felt like a sucker for paying so much for something so unexceptional. Its fine if you're a teenager with very young skin or if you have perfect skin and you're starting out on your first eye cream. The "Special" version is so much better at providing moisture and smoothing fine lines. I have no problems with the packaging as it comes in a 20ml tube. You can see my review for that one elsewhere on this site. If you're not happy with this, try the Clarins "Special" version.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

this eye cream smooths the fine lines but after 3 to 4 months of regular usage,perfect for protection for those who are in their 20th,used before concealer as a base to prevent it from creasing

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

First of all, Clarins is my fav brand for some of their products. However this Eye cream was kinda disappointing. It had a nice packaging, a nice smell and texture, but as far as fine lines and wrinkles go, did absolutely nothing! Nada. Luckily it didn`t irritate my eyes or anything (Clarins is really good for sensitive skin as it really is never irritating!), but I went back to my DeVita eye cream. That made a big difference instantly, it has wonderfully natural ingredients, ton of vitamins, it is 100% Paraben freee, and costs less. I do recommend to try that one. :-)

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

7 years ago

This eye cream is not a miracle cream, wrinkles do not magically disappear, it does not swell skin and hide wrinkles. But for some reason I am fairly faithful to it, and if I find myself out I buy more. Have been using it for more than 20 years. I like how it goes on, it is light, I can wear it under makeup without issues, no breakouts or irritations, and no puffy eyes in the morning - it is just reliable. I do interchange it with the eye cream experiment of the moment but I always come back. I also have hardly any eye wrinkles and my friends comment on it so long term I think it does something.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

7 years ago

I bought this by mistake. I meant to buy the "special" eye contour balm.Oh, and the picture that is on this review page is wrong since it shows the "special" version. I used the special version for several years, and one day I ran out and didn't have the money to buy more. So I've been using cheaper stuff for a couple of years now. This is an ok daily eye cream but doesn't give the results the other version delivers. After a few weeks of no eye gratification I thought they had changed the formula...or that maybe this no longer worked for my eyes. Of course I ran here to look at the reviews and I realized...shock...that there are two versions. So now that I've wasted $35 on this, to the back of the drawer it goes.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

it`s OK...there isn`t anything spectacular about it. It`s just like any other eye cream I`ve used and a little too pricey when I can buy something from nivea that will do the same. It hydrates but so do a lot of other eye creams.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

One of my all-time favourite eye balms. Cooling, absorbs easily, moisturising. Simple, yet effective. And it comes in a tube, not a pot, how I like my eye creams/gels to be in.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I've been in love with Clarins recently, but unfortunately this eye countour is very disappointing. There's no results at all. I normally don't expect any visible results with eye creams, so I wasn't really expecting much from this either. However, it didn't even hydrate my undereyes area and my skin felt dry and tiring.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Have used this on and off for years. It is not a product to get overly excited about but, having said that, it is still a consistently solid performer when it comes to eye area hydration. Primary advantages over its price-point competitors: (i) lightweight, so readily absorbed; (ii) delivers adequate moisture, i.e. does not overwhelm undereye area; (iii) provides ideal makeup base for concealer; and, (iv) gentle formula, so non-irritating.

About reviewer (347 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I'm already on my second tube of this, reason being it makes a good concealer base in the mornings when I apply my makeup. It definitely has not done much as far as fine lines go because I did notice that my fine lines intensified over the years (my guess is that it's from my college years when I used to tug on my eyes while removing makeup but I've learned my lesson). Despite that, I still go back to this cream because my under eye area is SUPER sensitive. I've tried other "richer" eye creams like Lancome and Estee Lauder and ended up with either an allergic reaction around the cheek area or milia. So although this might not be for those who are looking for something to correct wrinkles, it is perfect for prevention and keeping your makeup from creasing throughout the day. I'm still on the hunt for something to soften my lines but meanwhile, I'm going to stick with this.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Oily