Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

4.1

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/31/2016 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is my new favorite foundation. It is the first mineral foundation that doesn't look powdery or cakey on me in the winter. It also hasn't irritated the rosacea patch that flared after an unhappy clash with glycolic acid and hasn't caused my freak-out-prone skin to freak out.

Finish
I guess finish is fairly matte, but it looks naturally so not dry. I am mixing a drop or two of jojoba oil in the moisturizer I use a primer, though, so some the glowy look shows through to get me exactly the finish I want. It also works well mixed with moisturizer or oil to make a liquid foundation.

Color Selection
This is vast and overwhelming. I actually wonder if they may have a better match for me than the Sleek Sphynx I settled on.

For the record, I'm fair skinned, of Irish descent, have red-brown hair and green blue eyes, and always thought I was cool, pink and impossible to match because yellow foundations make me look like I have liver disease, neutral foundations make me look gray, and pink foundations either look ashy or slightly dark.

Apparently, the impossible-to-match "pink" undertone in my skin is actually pale peach. I'll probably try the two peachier shades someday to see if one of them is an even better match. The other colors I originally sampled were Mau (warm), Himalayan (warm pink), Chaussie (cool pink), and Bengal (beige) and Siamese (neutral). The three closet were Himalayan, Sphynx and Mau, but Mau made me look sickly when applied to my whole face, and Himalayan was very close but a little pinker than my skin.

The colors are pretty forgiving, and I could possibly work with at least three of them, but based on my experience, I'd recommend sampling more widely than you think you should before ordering to make it more likely you'll find a match.

Coverage
This is definitely light to medium. It evens my skin tone beautifully and kind of blurs red marks from past breakouts, but you definitely need a concealer with this if you have blemishes you want to cover completely. I'm okay with that. I prefer a no-makeup look, and I've never been able to get that with full coverage. Meow's heavier formula definitely didn't work for me. This can build to medium with a flat top brush when i want.

Ordering
I got my order almost exactly a week after placing it. I am only a state over though. I find their website slightly annoying to navigate and in need of an update to make it more streamlined and user friendly. When my order arrived, it was packaged well and included a personalized note.

on 11/10/2015 12:16:00 PM

Ok. I have tried a metric F-ton of mineral foundations. I'm currently using up a container of bareMinerals Blemish Remedy foundation (it's pretty ok). That is priced at $27 for 0.21 oz. I converted the oz to grams, and that amount is almost 6 grams. In contrast, the Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Munchkin (6-8 grams of powder) and Full Sizes (22-30g) are $14.75 and $30.95 each.

I've also tried the original bareMinerals and their pressed Ready foundation, Lucy Minerals, Tarte, etc etc and I think it's safe to say the Meow is the best for me.

Anyway, pricing aside, I much prefer the Pampered Puss. It's a little sheer, yeah, but I find I can achieve an ideal level of coverage with a couple layers. What's more, piling it on doesn't translate to a dry, powdery-looking face. It easily glides onto my skin, smooth and buttery, very finely milled and never patchy. A prepped face obviously helps but I don't have to do like a 17-step prep routine like with other mineral powders. Longevity and oil control are excellent. I set with rosewater spray. Blush, contour, and highlighter all look great over it. It just has the best elements of mineral foundation (coverage with a glow, satiny finish, minimal ingredients for minimal acne/irritation) with none of the tradeoffs (dry, powdery looking skin, itchiness, patchiness, oil-breakthrough etc).

The most challenging thing about this stuff is finding your shade. I recommend reading the other reviews here, a lot of them are really detailed and helpful. Samples are cheap! Which is good, because you're gonna have to order a bunch. I'm light-ish cool olive and my best match out of the samples I chose is Frisky Siamese (lol), which is the neutral toned line. The olive toned line was way too...olive. Once you put out the initial dough to find your shade (and if the formula works for you), you'll save lots of money in the long run.

I'm also working through a lot of blush and finishing powder samples (the allure of sample sizes is strong my friends) and they're all amazing too but I don't really like using loose powders if I don't have to. Still, worth a try!

I haven't had to use their customer service so I can't comment on that, but my shipping was pretty fast.

ETA: I love love LOVE mixing this with a base to create a liquid foundation. My favorite mixer is my Paula's Choice tinted sunscreen. It wears so well, lasts all day, and doesn't settle into one pore or line. It doesn't look powdery or cakey, but it can look really dry but setting spray/luminizers/etc help a lot.

To Read all 121 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/21/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never used a product that warranted a review as much as Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss does. I have the most reactive, acne-prone skin of anyone I know and it is the only foundation that causes me 0 problems even if I wear it every single day straight for months, years, etc. I have LARGE pores and this is the only mineral powder that hasn't accentuated them in the slightest. The coverage is light-medium for me (the flawless feline formulation has more coverage, but its finish is nowhere as natural/skin-like as PP's). I have combination skin and this handles the oil breakthrough I usually get by my nose SO well.
ALSO -- I feel like I need to mention that I have broken out from every mineral powder I've tried, to the point where I swore them off for years and thought I had a problem with the ingredient Mica. Then, of course, I found out I was similarly allergic to silicones so that ruled out practically all liquid foundations. Decided on a whim to try Meow even though I had no experience with any makeup indie brands (dare I say, I was.. skeptical?) and it was the best decision I've made in my makeup-life. TRY THIS! I'm anywhere between NC 20-30, very very yellow, and I use Naughty Angora mixed with Naughty Abyssinian about 70/30. If I'm closer to NC20, I'll drop down to the Frisky range in both colors. I absolutely LOVE the Angora line because it cancels redness out so well, and almost mimics the effect you get from Ben Nye's banana powder (broke out from that too LOL).

P.S. I don't mean to disparage what the previous reviewer has said at all, but I personally have had no problem with the customer service. From the time I place my order, I usually get my shipment anywhere from 5-10 days later and I live a few states away from Meow's office.

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

on 4/23/2015 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A+ oil control. I adore this stuff because I can count on my face not becoming a greasy messy after an hour. This is medium coverage so it can be worn alone but it won't cover redness completely. Flawless Feline will, but it you're oily I wouldn't really wear that for an entire day. Pampered Puss makes a great setting power for foundation or bb cream, if you're oily.

I wear 0 Siamese or 0 Korat and I honestly can't live without this product.

My new HG foundation! After using Meow's Purrfest Puss for a year and a half, I found that my acne had decreased significantly (found a much better acne routine) and my complexion was evening out. So I took the plunge and tried something with slightly heavier coverage. And I'm glad I did, because this REALLY works well with my skin, especially now that it's aging a little bit and turning from oily/acne prone to combination/still a little acne prone. My face needs a little more pampering these days.

The coverage is still sheer, but it is a little heavier and it builds easily without looking conspicuous. The formula is silky and doesn't irritate my skin - skin irritation leads to redness and inflammation, which is way harder to hide on my pale skin than mildly uneven color. It also stays on my face when I blot my t-zone at lunchtime. I don't notice that it dries my face out, but I also use a good moisturizer in the morning before putting any makeup on, which may be the key to the dryness problem.

As always, I really appreciate that there is a color that suits me exactly without making me look too yellow or pink. Sleek Sphynx works perfectly for me all year round unless it's the dead of winter, when I mix Sleek Sphynx with Inquisitive Sphynx.

on 2/24/2015 11:24:00 PM

I have been trying this out the last couple days with my sample size baggie for I needed to order some before buying a large jar!

At first I thought I was a sleek charteux but now Im thinking I might be close to the inquisitive mau. Anywho, so far this foundation is ok. It really doesnt offer any coverage for me even after I layer and layer and layer it just doesnt want to cover anything on my face. Its very sheer,light coverage at best. My skin also feels slightly scratched after application, maybe the particles arent fine enough for my skin?

Im thinking about ordering the flawless feline since it has boron nitride in it the coverage will be heavier and also the powder itself should feel smoother, Im just stumped as to if I want to take the risk or not and try it out since you have to order a minimum of 10 dollars worth plus shipping with samples Im not too sure if I want to waste another 15 bucks on samples or just wing it and order the full size.

Also, id just like to add that their customer service is lacking. Any time I have asked a question about their products the reply from them is always just that I need to "try a sample because we do not accept returns" it gets annoying when I just have a simple question and they refuse to answer. I know I can try samples, Im asking so that I dont have to order more!! UGH! lol

Pros
-so many colors to choose from
-ordering is easy
-takes away shine/stays matte all day
-doesnt get splotchy

cons
-feels drying at first
-skin feels slightly scratchy on application at first
-have to order $10 minimum in samples (makes sampling expensive)
-shipping took FOREVER. From submitting my order to receiving it in the mail it took WEEKS.
-customer service is lacking-questions never get answered

Overall: Thinking about ordering the flawless feline formula instead...but Im just not too sure yet. The pampered puss is ok (I would not purchase full size) it would make a better setting powder than a foundation IMO and I am looking for a medium-full coverage foundation.

on 1/26/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best mineral foundation I've tried. Yes, both Lucy and Ocean Mist have much higher coverage, but the trade off is very thick, patchy, reptile-looking skin. Pampered Puss is light to light/medium coverage, but it is finely milled and perfectly spreads over the skin like a delicate fog. This is the BIGGEST difference between Meow Pampered Puss vs Lucy and Ocean Mist. I've applied all of these foundations with my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, and the Lucy and Ocean are VERY difficult to spread around the skin; they just sort of stay where they're at, in thick patches.

Anyway, when I wear this foundation my boyfriend ALWAYS tells me that my face looks AIRBRUSHED! Without makeup I have very red skin with HUGE pores and blackheads and acne scarring, but no acne. This foundation lasts all day, my sunglasses don't rub it off, and I have to wear a face shield at work, and this is the only foundation that doesn't rub off on my forehead from taking my face shield off and putting it back on all day.

Other than the lasting power, the best thing about this foundation is that it is undetectable. I've never had a foundation like that, and I've been using Mac Face & Body and Make Up For Ever Face and Body when I don't have time to apply the Meow, and they look SO obvious and cakey compared to Meow! And they rub off so easily! And they get greasy!

The only con is that it takes more time to put this foundation on, but it's totally worth it, because I NEVER have to do touch-ups! First I put on Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and let it sink in for 5 to 10 minutes then I use my Shiseido brush to stipple on, then brush on the Meow (I don't find it necessary to buff it in). I use a thin layer at a time, letting each layer sit for a minute before I put on the next layer. In minutes, the foundation will melt into your skin, so it might look too powdery and white at first! I would recommend putting it on BEFORE you put on your clothes, because it's so fine you'll get powdery dust everywhere!

Finding your shade can be a head-spinning experience, but if you have a difficult undertone, or are very pale, I think you will appreciate the multitude of color options that Meow offers. If I walk into Sephora I can only match to Nars Siberia and even that is slightly too dark/yellow. I'm translucent and slightly yellow with a very pink face. I wear Sleek Manx in Meow Pampered Puss, and can also wear Inquisitive Korat and Inquisitive Abyssinian.

On a side note, Meow's blushes are the best I've ever tried. They make my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush look flat and dull! Imagine the beautiful dimensional sheerness of Benefit's boxed powders, but more creamy, less expensive, more product, and in 100 more colors and several finishes!

I have officially fallen in love with this product. I wear it with Murad SPF 15 Mattifier, and either Mac Prep & Prime or Meow Cosmetics Finishing Powder in Oily Skin.

My color is Naughty Abyssinian. It's a great match for me. I don't know my foundation color, but my neck is a very warm light toned yellow, and Naughty Abyssinian transforms my super pale pink face into my neck color. It looks very dark in the jar, but I find that these powders tend to run light. For reference, Bare Minerals Golden Fair is too light for me. (Sorry, does that help?)

It's been really frustrating to find my color, as so many foundations out there are pink. I have worn Missha BB Cream in No. 21, and liked the shade but god it makes me so pink and grey. Now I can just layer Meow Cosmetics over all the products that normally make me pink! I am really thrilled with the color match. So I was dreading the wear time, as I am very oily, but... let's just go through all the pros.

PROS: Great color match!
- Great wear time. I'm only a bit shiny after 8 hours, and only in my t-zone. This even beats Rimmel Stay Matte in terms of wear
- Doesn't emphasize the dryness on my nose. Doesn't cling too much to dry flakes
- Large lid is great for swirling my Ecotools powder brush

CONS:
- a bit expensive, but still not at high-end prices
- The plastic jar is annoying to close. It's a screw top, but the plastic squeaks. Also, the powder is packed in so tightly at first. I taped half the holes, and just carried it around in my purse for one day to loosen it up. Seems to work
- It takes forever to ship to me. 10 whole days. I know, I'm dramatic
- Coverage is not the best... I will use Rimmel Stay Matte underneath when I want more coverage. But then again, my skin has only been bad recently. I hope to get it back to normal soon

Overall, I love the product and will definitely buy again when I run out. I will also try to post swatches up later, because this line doesn't have enough swatches!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Meow Cosmetics claims "Pampered Puss has the same coverage, texture and feel of our original Purrr-fect Puss, but it's formulation has been completely redesigned with the most delicate and irritation prone skin in mind."

I enjoyed Purrr-fect Puss (their lowest coverage formula), but wanted something with heavier coverage for bad skin days so I tried a sample of this. It has medium coverage, layerable for more (although not buildable to the same level as their Flawless/heavy coverage formula), however it does not feel quite the same on my skin as their Purrr-fect Puss formula does.

I have dehydrated-to-normal skin, and I find Pampered Puss more drying than the Purrr-fect formula, and it also doesn't quite meld with my skin the same way. I can feel this formula sitting on my face.

This isn't a bad option by any means if you're looking for a layerable powder foundation with medium coverage, but in my opinion it doesn't meet the expectations set forth by the product description. It may also be better suited to normal-to-oily skin types.