Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

4.1

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Pros

Inexpensive
Great for sensitive, acne-prone skin
medium/full coverage
Excellent staying power (10+ hours)
Great for mixing with more sheer foundations
Demi-matte natural finish
Comfortable to wear

Cons

Difficult to find perfect shade (luckily samples are inexpensive & generous)

on 2/7/2017 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in Siamese #1 and #2. I really like the packaging with the wide lid and the munchkin sizing. The Siamese is very neutral but it was difficult to pick just because there were tons of shades to choose from. Doesn't irritate my skin. It has a very soft feel to it, not remotely chalky, and is build-able but natural.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I tried this product in a variety of shades. I have olive skin , manx and korat both work for me . this is one of the first mineral foundations I've found that doesn't make my face itch! coverage is buildable and doesn't get Cakey with my flat top elf brush. I also paired with their concealer and the final look was smooth and natural looking. definitely gonna try the other formulas . I have combo skin and this lasted about 6 hours before I had to powder which is amazing because with edm and ulta minerals I had to powder after 3-4. definitely would recommend

on 10/3/2016 6:49:00 AM

This is a review for the Purrrrfect Puss Foundation. I've been using this powder for more than 3 years now and I can say that this is one of the best. One full size foundation can last up to 6 months with everyday use! How cool is that? I only like powder foundations because I am sensitive to liquids giving me blackheads or rashes everywhere... well except for some tinted moisturizers like Tarte. My skin type is normal and I love that after an hour of application it makes my skin dewy. It may make your face very powdery after application since I use the top cat finishing powder after foundation but the powdery appearance won't last very long and it would blend in your skin after a while. I live in the humid Singapore and even if I sweat, it doesn't cake and looks really natural.

I have clear skin and this never broke me out unlike other powder foundations I've tried. This makes my skin tone even and even if I have one blemish or two, it still gives this flawless appearance. This foundation is best if you have acne prone or sensitive skin because it has very little ingredients... the more ingredients, the more you are prone to break out. The only downside is it won't last 8 hours until I finish my work but after applying the finishing powder maybe after 5-6 hours, I look fresh again. I'm still thinking of trying other products though but I know I still would be coming back to this powder. Hope this helps.

on 1/31/2016 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is my new favorite foundation. It is the first mineral foundation that doesn't look powdery or cakey on me in the winter. It also hasn't irritated the rosacea patch that flared after an unhappy clash with glycolic acid and hasn't caused my freak-out-prone skin to freak out.

Finish
I guess finish is fairly matte, but it looks naturally so not dry. I am mixing a drop or two of jojoba oil in the moisturizer I use a primer, though, so some the glowy look shows through to get me exactly the finish I want. It also works well mixed with moisturizer or oil to make a liquid foundation.

Color Selection
This is vast and overwhelming. I actually wonder if they may have a better match for me than the Sleek Sphynx I settled on.

For the record, I'm fair skinned, of Irish descent, have red-brown hair and green blue eyes, and always thought I was cool, pink and impossible to match because yellow foundations make me look like I have liver disease, neutral foundations make me look gray, and pink foundations either look ashy or slightly dark.

Apparently, the impossible-to-match "pink" undertone in my skin is actually pale peach. I'll probably try the two peachier shades someday to see if one of them is an even better match. The other colors I originally sampled were Mau (warm), Himalayan (warm pink), Chaussie (cool pink), and Bengal (beige) and Siamese (neutral). The three closet were Himalayan, Sphynx and Mau, but Mau made me look sickly when applied to my whole face, and Himalayan was very close but a little pinker than my skin.

The colors are pretty forgiving, and I could possibly work with at least three of them, but based on my experience, I'd recommend sampling more widely than you think you should before ordering to make it more likely you'll find a match.

Coverage
This is definitely light to medium. It evens my skin tone beautifully and kind of blurs red marks from past breakouts, but you definitely need a concealer with this if you have blemishes you want to cover completely. I'm okay with that. I prefer a no-makeup look, and I've never been able to get that with full coverage. Meow's heavier formula definitely didn't work for me. This can build to medium with a flat top brush when i want.

Ordering
I got my order almost exactly a week after placing it. I am only a state over though. I find their website slightly annoying to navigate and in need of an update to make it more streamlined and user friendly. When my order arrived, it was packaged well and included a personalized note.

on 11/10/2015 12:16:00 PM

Ok. I have tried a metric F-ton of mineral foundations. I'm currently using up a container of bareMinerals Blemish Remedy foundation (it's pretty ok). That is priced at $27 for 0.21 oz. I converted the oz to grams, and that amount is almost 6 grams. In contrast, the Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Munchkin (6-8 grams of powder) and Full Sizes (22-30g) are $14.75 and $30.95 each.

I've also tried the original bareMinerals and their pressed Ready foundation, Lucy Minerals, Tarte, etc etc and I think it's safe to say the Meow is the best for me.

Anyway, pricing aside, I much prefer the Pampered Puss. It's a little sheer, yeah, but I find I can achieve an ideal level of coverage with a couple layers. What's more, piling it on doesn't translate to a dry, powdery-looking face. It easily glides onto my skin, smooth and buttery, very finely milled and never patchy. A prepped face obviously helps but I don't have to do like a 17-step prep routine like with other mineral powders. Longevity and oil control are excellent. I set with rosewater spray. Blush, contour, and highlighter all look great over it. It just has the best elements of mineral foundation (coverage with a glow, satiny finish, minimal ingredients for minimal acne/irritation) with none of the tradeoffs (dry, powdery looking skin, itchiness, patchiness, oil-breakthrough etc).

The most challenging thing about this stuff is finding your shade. I recommend reading the other reviews here, a lot of them are really detailed and helpful. Samples are cheap! Which is good, because you're gonna have to order a bunch. I'm light-ish cool olive and my best match out of the samples I chose is Frisky Siamese (lol), which is the neutral toned line. The olive toned line was way too...olive. Once you put out the initial dough to find your shade (and if the formula works for you), you'll save lots of money in the long run.

I'm also working through a lot of blush and finishing powder samples (the allure of sample sizes is strong my friends) and they're all amazing too but I don't really like using loose powders if I don't have to. Still, worth a try!

I haven't had to use their customer service so I can't comment on that, but my shipping was pretty fast.

ETA: I love love LOVE mixing this with a base to create a liquid foundation. My favorite mixer is my Paula's Choice tinted sunscreen. It wears so well, lasts all day, and doesn't settle into one pore or line. It doesn't look powdery or cakey, but it can look really dry but setting spray/luminizers/etc help a lot.

on 10/21/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never used a product that warranted a review as much as Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss does. I have the most reactive, acne-prone skin of anyone I know and it is the only foundation that causes me 0 problems even if I wear it every single day straight for months, years, etc. I have LARGE pores and this is the only mineral powder that hasn't accentuated them in the slightest. The coverage is light-medium for me (the flawless feline formulation has more coverage, but its finish is nowhere as natural/skin-like as PP's). I have combination skin and this handles the oil breakthrough I usually get by my nose SO well.
ALSO -- I feel like I need to mention that I have broken out from every mineral powder I've tried, to the point where I swore them off for years and thought I had a problem with the ingredient Mica. Then, of course, I found out I was similarly allergic to silicones so that ruled out practically all liquid foundations. Decided on a whim to try Meow even though I had no experience with any makeup indie brands (dare I say, I was.. skeptical?) and it was the best decision I've made in my makeup-life. TRY THIS! I'm anywhere between NC 20-30, very very yellow, and I use Naughty Angora mixed with Naughty Abyssinian about 70/30. If I'm closer to NC20, I'll drop down to the Frisky range in both colors. I absolutely LOVE the Angora line because it cancels redness out so well, and almost mimics the effect you get from Ben Nye's banana powder (broke out from that too LOL).

P.S. I don't mean to disparage what the previous reviewer has said at all, but I personally have had no problem with the customer service. From the time I place my order, I usually get my shipment anywhere from 5-10 days later and I live a few states away from Meow's office.

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

on 4/23/2015 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A+ oil control. I adore this stuff because I can count on my face not becoming a greasy messy after an hour. This is medium coverage so it can be worn alone but it won't cover redness completely. Flawless Feline will, but it you're oily I wouldn't really wear that for an entire day. Pampered Puss makes a great setting power for foundation or bb cream, if you're oily.

I wear 0 Siamese or 0 Korat and I honestly can't live without this product.

My new HG foundation! After using Meow's Purrfest Puss for a year and a half, I found that my acne had decreased significantly (found a much better acne routine) and my complexion was evening out. So I took the plunge and tried something with slightly heavier coverage. And I'm glad I did, because this REALLY works well with my skin, especially now that it's aging a little bit and turning from oily/acne prone to combination/still a little acne prone. My face needs a little more pampering these days.

The coverage is still sheer, but it is a little heavier and it builds easily without looking conspicuous. The formula is silky and doesn't irritate my skin - skin irritation leads to redness and inflammation, which is way harder to hide on my pale skin than mildly uneven color. It also stays on my face when I blot my t-zone at lunchtime. I don't notice that it dries my face out, but I also use a good moisturizer in the morning before putting any makeup on, which may be the key to the dryness problem.

As always, I really appreciate that there is a color that suits me exactly without making me look too yellow or pink. Sleek Sphynx works perfectly for me all year round unless it's the dead of winter, when I mix Sleek Sphynx with Inquisitive Sphynx.