wet n wild Pout Protector SPF 15 in Tint of Cranberry

Filtered by age: 44-55

1 review

I wanted a balm that sufficiently tinted my lips to be noticeable. I tried Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in the darkest shade, but hated it because there was very little color, too much shimmer, waxy feel and that horridly strong mint oil, and way too pricey at $5! I really don't care for mint oil in any lip product mostly because of the cooling effect it has. Then, the Rite Aid $.99 Wet N Wild sale came along. I checked the reviews on all WNW products and made note of the high scorers. I purchased this product because of its high scores and this shade because it was the darkest, after my Burt's Bees experience.

I agree with the other reviewer that this balm is is somewhere between lipstick and gloss upon application. I cannot characterize its color as anything but a deep red, more on the neutral side than the cool side, on my lips, even though it does have a bit of pink to it when applied to the hand. It has lots of color impact for being a tinted balm, and, like the other reviewer stated, it is very shiny when it first goes on (but wears down to being just slightly more shiny than the average untinted lip balm), it has SPF 15 but it also goes on without any waxy feel. It does have a barely discernable minty smell but only a slight minty taste upon application that quicly fades. It has only a very slight cooling effect immediately upon application that quickly fades. :-) It does, however, have a slightly "cheap" aftertaste that is tolerable, especially considering the non-sale price of around $3.

I really like this product and will buy another in a different shade, the next most dark. This one is just a bit too dark red for daytime wear at work, for my preference. The small, slim tube makes it ideal to carry in my purse. Love it!