MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.3

on 7/12/2016 4:51:00 AM

This my go to on everyday basis. It makes everythimg pop and glow in a natural way. I use it with a tad setting spray for a bit more intense look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing for a natural highlight!
If you're looking for something very glowly and more intense then this isn't for you.

The shine is subtle which works really well if you're going for more of a dewy look, and want to use all over the skin as a setting powder rather than on feature points. (I tend to have to use a stronger highlight for some parts)

Swatches as a light champagne sort of colour with shimmer and very slight glitter.

Only down side is that it isn't that long lasting but that may be due to the fact I'm an oily skin type and that it's not a very strong highlight.

Packaging is durable and stays looking nice easily.

To Read all 232 Reviews, Login or Join

I have had this product for years. The tone is very neutral which I like because I don't own any highlighters that fall in the middle like this. It is sheer and leaves a nice sheen. Over the years, I have developed a taste for a more stronger highlight but I still love how natural lightscapade is. Which leaves me to my next point... After years of owning this in the past few months I have been using this to set my entire face..... Yes.... I use this as a setting powder now more than actually highlighting. I am fair so not sure how this would work on deeper skin tones. But it is amazing. I hate when I would wear a non matte foundation but upon setting it the finish would be ruined. This is so sheer I promise you would never know I'm setting my face with a "highlighter" I use a flat top kabuki and press it into the skin. It also adds no color on me which is important because powders can still add color to me and make me darker than I would like.

EDIT- i forgot to mention im using this with the older packaging. I was in mac today and wanted to see if perhaps the formula has changed with this new packaging...yikes :( lots of large glitter particles. dont know if i would buy again :(

I always thought MAC was way too expensive for the lasting power of its makeup, but turns out I was wrong. I bought this skin finish on new years eve, and here I am 5 months later, and after using it every day I haven't even made a dent in it. It just seems to not run out. I even let my mum use it every day. It works amazingly on fair skin tones as my self, and the blue notes of shimmer through it compliment my cool undertone perfectly. I actually read some previous reviews on this before I bought it and they all said that the skin finishes from mac lasted them well over 2 years.

on 5/20/2016 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am an avid collector of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes and this is part of my top 3 favorites. It truly is the only bonafide highliter from all the MSFs - the rest are debatable (except maybe Warm Rose). Anyhoo, Lightscapade is a porcelain beige MSF with all kinds of gorgeous, multi-color pastel veining. The highlight this gives is so subtle and pretty, I'd hate to overuse the phrase "dewy" in regards to highlights, but it really does apply in this case. It's one of the most wearable highlighters I have, so I find myself reaching for it over any other when putting on my makeup for work. Originally released with the Danse collection in 2006 (I believe?), I'm so glad they brought this back and made it permanent. There certainly was enough of a demand and eBay price gouging going on to justify doing so.

on 5/18/2016 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loveeeeee this. I bought it a few days after Christmas and have used it almost everyday for work, and you can't even tell. Which makes the price totally worth the amount you get. I wear this on my cheekbones, a little down my nose and a little on my cupids bow. It's such a beautiful glow without shimmer or glitter. I don't want to be too shimmery for work so this is perfect. I barely have to touch my brush to pick up any product so it's easily buildable. It's also extremely pretty with all of the swirls and the black packaging is nice. I've dropped it a few times and it's never broke. I believe im NC38 in MAC, so between fair and tan but I do go in the tanning bed and get pretty tan in the summer but I don't see this looking bad even with a tan. I think a lot of skin tones could probably pull it off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great highlighter for pale skin! Purchased this a few weeks ago after I recieved soft and gentle since I heard it was great for fair skin. For reference I am NW10 in Mac. This is a pretty light pearl colored highlighter that looks great either swiped on for a subtle glow or built up for something more intense. Although I'm not a huge fan of the new packaging it looks gorgeous in the pan as a swhirl of pink blue and the white pearl. These mineralized skin finishes also last all day. I love this and soft and gentle equally although its a bit easier for me to pull of lightscape. Also lightscapade is smoother in texture and dosent contain the sometimes chunkier sparkle that soft and gentle can have. Although the price is pretty steep for these I can imagine they will last a long time. Been sticking to my skin finishes as of lately and they are still perfectly doomed. Would definitely recommend!

on 4/26/2016 1:20:00 PM

Beautiful highlight got compliments for it. Would have wanted a bit more glow but its quite buildable. I would definitely recommend it.

on 3/31/2016 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This highlighter is SO pretty !

It's great for pale skin as it definitely will not look to dark etc on you. However it is very subtle so if you want something more intense this might not be exactly for you. Apply pretty thick for a real glow (? if that makes sense). But be careful with the compact as the powder will go everywhere and look pretty messy if you care about that kind of thing which I can say I do.
= Worth the money

on 3/18/2016 5:47:00 PM

I love intense highlighters, so I'd say this one is a subtle glow. It's has an amazing cool white finish, which looks super natural on my very pale skin. I use it as more of an everyday highlighter, as apposed to my Mary Lou-Manizer, that I wear when I want full glow!
But nothing to complain about this product!