MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish - Lightscapade

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish - Lightscapade

4.3

on 5/25/2018 12:41:00 PM

I'm pretty picky with highlighters, but this one I love. I'm super pale and it looks great on my skin tone. I'm also unable to put a dent in it! My only complaint is that it can look a bit chunky if you layer it on.

I love the lightscapade shade. Unlike other highlighters, this is not intense but gives me a natural glow. This is the highlighter that I always use on my makeup and would probably purchase again after I use it all up.
You can see my pictures and reviews @ http://www.diaryofaiko.com/2018/03/review-mac-mineralize-skinfinish_24.html

on 2/28/2018 3:41:00 PM

It was the first product I ever bought as a highlighter, but now I feel that there are so much better products in the market.... It leaves a very natural dewy and glowing look. However, it vanished after a couple of hours of use, which is a bit of a let down. I still use it though. It still is a good product and I love to see how the colours get mixed in the pan.

on 3/4/2017 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was the first highlighter i ever bought and I still love it! Has a pretty shift and suited to pale skin

on 12/12/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do love this product, perfect highlight if you are on the fairer side only complaint is that it doesn't last, this completely disappears after about 2 to 3 hours, considering the price tag it's a big disappointment and because of this I would not purchase again.

on 7/12/2016 4:51:00 AM

This my go to on everyday basis. It makes everythimg pop and glow in a natural way. I use it with a tad setting spray for a bit more intense look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing for a natural highlight!
If you're looking for something very glowly and more intense then this isn't for you.

The shine is subtle which works really well if you're going for more of a dewy look, and want to use all over the skin as a setting powder rather than on feature points. (I tend to have to use a stronger highlight for some parts)

Swatches as a light champagne sort of colour with shimmer and very slight glitter.

Only down side is that it isn't that long lasting but that may be due to the fact I'm an oily skin type and that it's not a very strong highlight.

Packaging is durable and stays looking nice easily.

I have had this product for years. The tone is very neutral which I like because I don't own any highlighters that fall in the middle like this. It is sheer and leaves a nice sheen. Over the years, I have developed a taste for a more stronger highlight but I still love how natural lightscapade is. Which leaves me to my next point... After years of owning this in the past few months I have been using this to set my entire face..... Yes.... I use this as a setting powder now more than actually highlighting. I am fair so not sure how this would work on deeper skin tones. But it is amazing. I hate when I would wear a non matte foundation but upon setting it the finish would be ruined. This is so sheer I promise you would never know I'm setting my face with a "highlighter" I use a flat top kabuki and press it into the skin. It also adds no color on me which is important because powders can still add color to me and make me darker than I would like.

EDIT- i forgot to mention im using this with the older packaging. I was in mac today and wanted to see if perhaps the formula has changed with this new packaging...yikes :( lots of large glitter particles. dont know if i would buy again :(

I always thought MAC was way too expensive for the lasting power of its makeup, but turns out I was wrong. I bought this skin finish on new years eve, and here I am 5 months later, and after using it every day I haven't even made a dent in it. It just seems to not run out. I even let my mum use it every day. It works amazingly on fair skin tones as my self, and the blue notes of shimmer through it compliment my cool undertone perfectly. I actually read some previous reviews on this before I bought it and they all said that the skin finishes from mac lasted them well over 2 years.

on 5/20/2016 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am an avid collector of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes and this is part of my top 3 favorites. It truly is the only bonafide highliter from all the MSFs - the rest are debatable (except maybe Warm Rose). Anyhoo, Lightscapade is a porcelain beige MSF with all kinds of gorgeous, multi-color pastel veining. The highlight this gives is so subtle and pretty, I'd hate to overuse the phrase "dewy" in regards to highlights, but it really does apply in this case. It's one of the most wearable highlighters I have, so I find myself reaching for it over any other when putting on my makeup for work. Originally released with the Danse collection in 2006 (I believe?), I'm so glad they brought this back and made it permanent. There certainly was enough of a demand and eBay price gouging going on to justify doing so.