Everyday Minerals Balancing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Everyday Minerals Balancing Powder

3.4

Not tested on animals

I got this product from a girl who sold it over one of the forums.Since the price was low, I bought it from her. Sure, it did control the oiliness in my tzone but i guess it is too white for me. What I did is to put it under the foundation just so that I dont look like a ghost. When it comes to packaging, my gosh, the stuff was all over the place. I had to clean my makeup bag and purse since it leaked from the container.

Over all, I dont think I would repurchase this. Will just finish this one pot but will switch to the tinted one.

on 8/8/2007 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WOW..I was really suprised to see the bad reviews....I am a tanned person check profile pic and though it can leave a whitish cast, just blend or usee bronzer after....this powder leaves me completely matte, skins so soft and no breakouts. It is a really awesome powder, If they did make it tinted I would prefer tinted like BE tinted mv....not EM tinted powders I find they are too dark, and make my skin look muddy!

on 7/1/2007 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

The color is too white, besides that it doesn't help my controling my oilyness, the finishing dust is much better

on 3/12/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of EM - and I was excited when I saw the Balancing Powder for oilier skin. I was disappointed when I received it. First - it is way too white, even for me, and I'm ghostly pale. I also did not like the texture, kind of gritty. The first couple of times I used it, I kept wondering why the hair around my face felt so gross, then I realized that while applying the powder with my brush, it had gotten into my hair. Can't really describe the feeling, but it was sticky and dry at the same time.

I also didn't notice that it controlled oil better than the other finishing powder. I just tried the Silk Powder for the first time and will stick with that.

on 1/13/2007 8:47:00 AM

Although I like most of the stuff from EDM, I am soooo not a fan of this.
I have really oily skin. But when I put this on in the morning it makes my face look dry and scaly. Two hours later, my face is ridiculously oily.
Which leads me to think that this product is crap continued >>

on 1/12/2007 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ordered a sample of this and ended up liking it so much that I ordered the full-sized. I use this as a primer. It really does work well at controlling the oil. I haven't used EM intensive foundation without the balancing dust but I have used other brand mineral makeup and it control the oilies as well as this does. the only reason I took off a lippie is because I think the balancing powder might contribute to my skin looking too dry after I put on my makeup. I'm very interested in trying the finishing dust and silk powder from this line.

on 12/16/2006 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use the Finishing Dust and love it so I thought I'd try the Balancing Dust when it came out. This does control oil well. However, by mid-day my forehead had an oil+powder mixture look to it, not shiny, but it almost looked like foundation melting. I don't wear foundation. All I wear is sunscreen and Everyday Minerals loose powder. Compared to the Finishing Dust, Balancing Dust is less dry but not as natural looking.

I will stick to the Finishing Dust.

on 12/11/2006 3:08:00 PM

What a wonderful product! It leaves me shine free throughout the day without drying my skin (which is what I was worried about). It has a white powder though so I suggest using it in moderation. I recieved the sample 2 weeks ago and it's still 3/4 full! Will def repurchase.

I am such a huge EM fan (just check out my past Board messages and the majority of my reviews) so when they came out with the new Balancing Powder, I just had to try it. I didn't even bother trying a small sample of it. I knew that this powder was supposed to be inorganic (no cornstarch, etc.) but also suppose to help absorb the oilies.
Well, I use it under my foundation on my T-Zone (nose & forehead), then I use the regular Finishing Dust on top of everything else. It seems to make a huge difference as I notice it still looks pretty fresh around lunchtime when I usually have some shine breakthrough.
Now I tried an experiment yesterday where I just used the Balancing Powder under and on top of my regular foundation and there was minimal to no shine for most of the day (7-8 hours)! I think this is a great product.**Just note that this isn't quite as translucent as the Finishing Dust which is why I used the Eve Dual Fiber Brush to put it on on TOP of my foundation so it wouldn't go on so thick.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica. continued >>