Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Nemat International Vanilla Musk
Vanilla Musk

4.8

I'm on my second bottle of this and I just wanted to throw out there that the roller ball one is legit. It comes in the Minarette bottle and the roll on.

This is one of my favorite vanilla musks out there. The vanilla isn't foodie its a lovely warm vanilla and the musk is perfect! Not super sweet but cuddly for sure. I adore musks and I collect them. I noticed as this aged it got a touch amber coloured which let's you know a good amount of vanilla is in there.

I find in warm weather this really projects and I need much less than during the cooler months. Though you can smell it very well even in cooler weather which is excellent. I have a few other Nemat scents but this one is my favorite. Plus the price is super reasonable for 10mls.

Longevity is excellent and sillage can be huge if you wear too much. If you like musks with vanilla or musk in general I recommend this. For me it does not disappoint.:)

First off, I LOVE Nemat for having such a variety of interesting scents at affordable prices. Amber and Musk Amber in particular are amazing, and when I wear them I get lots of compliments. My feelings about Vanilla Musk do not in any way tinge my feelings about this company in general.
That said, this particular scent was not at all what I was expecting. It reminds me of maybe what a cheap, cupcake-scented body spray from the drugstore might smell like. It is very sweet, and I really don't get anything resembling musk from it. It's sort of artificial-smelling, very desserty, very simple. When I first applied it and got a whiff of that saccharine, synthetic cupcake smell, I desperately hoped it would morph into something closer to what I would expect would be described as "Vanilla Musk", but it pretty much stays the same throughout.
Part of what I love about fragrance oils is this organic quality they tend to have - like you're not necessarily wearing perfume, but you may just naturally smell that way. Vanilla Musk doesn't share that characteristic, which is a bummer.
However, this doesn't smell *bad* per se, and I know some people are really into sweet or dessert scents. If you are among these people, you might enjoy this. But otherwise, do yourself a favor and try another one of Nemat's fragrances. There are a lot of good ones worth exploring.

I feel compelled to edit this review in 2016 and add 2 more lippies. I'm not sure if this fragrance has aged really well over the years I've had it, if it grew on me, or if my preferences have changed, but I'm starting to really like it and find myself putting it on even when I'm not leaving the house and feel like putting on a soft and low key fragrance. The scent is not overly sweet after the drydown. I think a previous reviewer referred to it as "buttery", and I think that hits the nail on the head. I've been enjoying layering it with Alkemia's Divine Goddess Musk to bring out the musk a bit more. Once or twice I've layered it with Nemat's White Amber and it was an incredible fragrance - I could not stop sniffing my wrists. Perhaps Nemat should consider selling a Vanilla Musk Amber as an entirely new fragrance - it was that awesome.

I'm still not sure I'd repurchase this one, but as far as sweet and desserty fragrances go, it's quite nice.

on 7/24/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oooo very smooth,buttery,delicate vanilla goodness. What makes this even better is mixing a drop or 2 of Jasmine oil in with it. OMG it smells soooooo good~I used the Jasmine CO2 from Eden Botanicals.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff ROCKS!!! I get a buttery vanilla with a sexy musk behind it. My new fav vanilla scent! I got this at Whole Foods and plan to buy more when I run out. This is such a wonderful scent! This is one of my two signature scents.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you are a vanilla lover you must try this!! It is a gorgeous not-too-sweet vanilla with a hint of musk. Subtle, but great sillage. This is a wonderful scent to wear anytime, anywhere. I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap, but will be purchasing a bottle. This is very similar to Ava-Luxe's Vanilla Musk which I adore. Serena at Ava-Luxe used to have this scent in a shea oil, but has since discontinued it. I think this will layer nicely with her EDP. Try this!!