Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Nemat International Vanilla Musk
Vanilla Musk

4.7

on 12/26/2012 7:08:00 PM

I randomly got this from Whole Foods and am so happy with it. It's more vanilla than musk, so it's good for anyone who likes the depth of a musk but finds stronger musks to be overwhelming. My problem with other perfumes is that the lasting power is usually weak and I also get bad headaches from some great smelling fragrances (esp. any from Lancome). This oil's lasting power is strong (and *seems to be getting more intense as the day goes on) and so far I haven't experienced any headaches yet.

on 10/12/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As a vanilla aficionado who has been avoiding my toothachingly sweet vanillas lately, Maybe I decided that at age 50 I need to be a bit more...um... grown up? It's more like a split-open vanilla bean than a sugared vanilla, and the subtle musk keeps it just this side of gourmand. There is a sweetness, but it's not the least bit candyish or cloying. I picked this one up at Whole Foods, along with three other Nemat musks (Egyptian, Himalayan and White) and this was by far my favorite. I do enjoy layering it with the Egyptian Musk sometimes for a little added depth, but it is exquisite on it's own.

I get butter, vanilla, sugar, and musk.
Has a candyish/bakeryish quality to it. It's really delicious if you like gourmand vanilla fragrances. Wish it were a large bottle of lasting, spray-on fragrance instead of oil, but oh well, it's just yummy as it is. Love it.

on 8/2/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This does smell great, however, I get more vanilla than musk from this oil. I like to layer this with white musk fragrances to bring out the musk a little more and add a little more creaminess to the musks.

This is a sublime and simple vanilla with the barest tinge of a sweet musk. I wouldn't have any idea there was any musk at all in this if I wasn't sniffing for it, and I have a good nose for musks in general. This vanilla is sweet and natural. It doesn't lean toward a dark, vanilla extract and brown sugar smell, nor a powdery flowery vanilla orchid smell, but more the smell of a freshly macerated vanilla bean made less gourmand and a touch more perfumey than foody by its synergy with the barely perceptible musk. This oil lasts all day on me, and though the sillage isn't extreme, it's good for an oil and can be increased by maximizing its surface area on your skin. I found this little bottle for $5 at Whole Foods, and given that it's infinitely higher quality, cheaper, more portable and better for layering than all the popular vanilla eau de whatevers at Sephora and the like, I'm surprised it's not ubiquitous. But then they (and consequently we) don't pay for advertising, so it can be our secret.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you are a vanilla lover you must try this!! It is a gorgeous not-too-sweet vanilla with a hint of musk. Subtle, but great sillage. This is a wonderful scent to wear anytime, anywhere. I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap, but will be purchasing a bottle. This is very similar to Ava-Luxe's Vanilla Musk which I adore. Serena at Ava-Luxe used to have this scent in a shea oil, but has since discontinued it. I think this will layer nicely with her EDP. Try this!!

Popular Fragrances