COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE:
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5

After using this a bit more, I don't really like using it. It is too dramatically sparkly, not glowy. My skin overall felt more oily, and I just do not enjoy this product anymore.

ORIGINAL:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5

My sister bought this for me for Christmas, in 420 Translucent Honey. The color match was pretty good, and my skin was not oily after applying. On it's own, it's a very sheer coverage, but very glittery. But when I wore it with another pressed powder/cream underneath, my skin looked a bit cakey, so I would say it's not very buildable. It's nice for a first loose powder, and it is very helpful with liquid makeup.

Because the pack I got came with three, it'll be a while till I run out, so I'll have a lot more time to work with it :)

on 2/5/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product is horrible. And I'm surprised to be saying this about CG. I barely had any acne with the powder and concealers I used before, but I wanted to try something different. So I got this powder, and the first day I was fine.. But then I started getting the most horrible acne I've had in years. Extremely disappointed...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.
I love that it keeps my oil under control during the day.
I hate the sparkles! drives me nuts
I hate that if you use just a hair too much you can look orange.
I love that its very blendable

Overall, I probably will buy this again if I can't find a better powder.

on 7/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Too much Glitter!! u basiclly are putting a bunch of sparkles on ur face, which is really unflattering! It doesn't stick on well and is a really messy package which spills all over, plus they give u a terrible powder puff thing that sucks!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

oh where to begin....this powder was an absolute flop. I bought the lightest shade they had, Translucent Fair, and one of my co-workers asked me if I had gone tanning! I immediately realized it was my face powder! In the can it went. Never again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FAIL! I tried this because I love the rest of the Trublend line SO much. The whipped foundation and the pressed powder are HG products. This makes me look like someone got mad at me and threw glitter in my face. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, well, I would. It's that bad. Good for 11 year old girls, not adults or almost-adults.

This is not a good product. I bought the lightest shade even though i usually do not wear the lightest shade of makeup. It was completely orange and I looked like an oompa loompa. There is a lot of shimmer to the powder and it gives horrible coverage. It's not worth the $12. try clinique

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.