Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

3.8

This is the most amazing spray tan I have ever used. People ask me all the time where I went on vacation. They don't believe me when I tell them it came from a can. lol. Usually the second or third time, they want to know all about it. It is a very natural color and the "green" others refer to is the result of not shaking the can long enough and/or spraying on too much. You have to shake it a really long time, I shake almost a minute the first time. Then about 10-20 sec after stopping longer than a few seconds. The only con I can think of is that my feet always get it on them. Ugh. I have tried wearing little socks, Vaseline, ect. Finally what I decided to do was to put on lotion and then carefully scrub my feet after and that seems to do the trick.
If you want the perfect spray tan, then here is what I do:
ALWAYS wear gloves.
The first spray out of the can is "thick", make sure that you hold the can as far away as you can for the first second or two. After that, I usually hold about 1-2 feet away and I am careful not to spray the tops of my feet directly, they get enough just when I spray my legs.
Also, the first time you spray, do it very lightly and then the second day, do more. If I haven't sprayed for a while. I usually do a 3-4 day build up for the perfect tan. I exfoliate like crazy before the first time and then usually on the third day and then I usually exfoliate every 2-3 days after that. I think to have a natural tan, you need to spray about every 3 days after you have built up a good base. Sometimes it looks a bit blotchy after I exfoliate, but when I wake up in the morning after spraying the night before, it looks great. I also spray my face, and I was VERY hesitant to do that because my skin is incredibly sensitive and I have reactions to everything. I did get 1 blemish when I first started, but thank goodness I continued with my face after that because I never had anymore trouble, You need to refrain from spraying too heavy because then it will not look natural at all and it wastes so much of the spray that it isn't worth it. Also worth mentioning is that I am very, very white when not spray tanning and it worked great for me, so don't let that hold you back. I am fairly dark now and every says I look great. Have fun....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best self tanner I've ever used. Gives you the exact same darkening results as a professional spray tan, but at home. I do have some advice though: READ THE DIRECTIONS. I see so many reviewers saying that the product drips, leaves splotches, etc. but the directions say to constantly wipe the nozzle of the gun and hold 12 inches away from your body. I also noticed that the tan darkens over time. I'll spray myself at night and it doesn't look like a big change but when I wake up the next morning, I'm super bronzed. One bottle lasts me 2 weeks, so over time, yes the costs can add up. But definitely worth it. I will never stop using this unless they discontinue it.

I LOVE this self tanner. It is the only one I will use!! I truely feel it is the closest thing to a Mystic Tan. So much cheaper than a tanning salon. Mega worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Never had a problem! Nice color even coverage good price!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

As stated in previous reviews...I am on the hunt for the perfect sunless tanner. Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan is pretty damn good with very few flaws.

Pros:
-Dries completely, your skin won't be left with a tacky greasy feeling. I even applied this to my acne prone face with no issues.
-LONG LASTING. I love that about this product. FakeBake washed off within 1 shower..this sunless tanner required some serious scrubbing. So I could possibly apply it to my body once a week, & to my face every other day with very little maintenance.
-Built in layer of bronzer/colorguide so you know where it's been applied - no streaks!
-Somewhat natural color. It *does* have a green tint...but you shower that off. & the remaining color *is* somewhat orangey--- but I've definitely seen WAY worse. I am NC10/super pale with warm undertones so I doubt many sunless tanners out there would look 100% natural on me. This is okay, it doesn't SCREAM "spray tan!!!" on me.
-Super cheap! I am in shock at how inexpensive it was with the airgun. Even better, the refills are even cheaper. :)
------------------
The only con is the scent. This does have that dreaded self-tanner smell. :( HOWEVER, it's not extremely strong. Most wouldn't even notice it. Jergens Sunless Tanner is WAY WORSE. But... after smelling FakeBake I *know* it is possible to find sunless tanners without the rotten egg scent.

I will keep searching. Unless I find a way to make the scent go away. Maybe I'll find some cheap vanilla lotions to mix in with this, diluting the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best at home tanner I have used . I have worked in tanning salons my whole life . I am a hairstylist with a tanning salon attached to our shop and I still use this product . here are my directions : shower and dry off step back in shower with the loaded spray gun shake and spray about 6-8 inches away from body once you ate done take an old towel and blot any heavy spots as this will stop any discoularation then moisturize once dried . I always wash my feet after I spray tan and I never do my face I use a darker foundation and powder to match . this kicks all others I have tried out of the water and I get 3-5 full body applications from it. I drive from Canada to the states to buy this product .

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently drying as we speak. Or type. Or I type and you read.

Not expensive ($12.99 for the system at Sally's), awesome BROWN color (not orange!!!!), and fairly easy to apply. It blots a bit, but I just used a makeup sponge to even it out. It dries fast and looks natural on a base tan.

After using many self-tanners, I like this the best. Lotions and towelettes tend to turn orange on me. I tan lightly, but this stuff, even though it's dark, does NOT look unnatural.

Tip for getting the backs of your legs and butt: Put your back to a full-length mirror, bend over, and look between your legs to spray.

No stinkies, either! Yay! Will def repurchase.

This is the best self tanner I've used so far, however, it's the second type I've used so I don't know if that's saying much. I will try more types, though. It was very cheap ($10 at Walgreens). It wasn't bad, just not very convenient to use. First of all, you need someone to spray this on you. I had my husband spray me in the shower and it splattered all over the it and made a huge mess. Secondly, it looked scary on (really splattery and dirty). I was pretty scared that it was going to stay like that. After standing for 20 min. waiting for it to dry, I finally rubbed my skin to rub in any remaining splatters and smears and it still blended and my skin still felt wet. 2 hours after application, I still feel the wetness from the tanning solution and I just don't feel very comfortable or dry. However, I did like how it was tinted...it made me feel like no spots were missed and I also liked the believable tint it immediately gave my skin so I feel like the tan will be very nice. I'm not sure how long it's going to last so I will update on that later. UPDATE: Okay, I noticed as the day progressed that my husband totally missed spots on me and totally saturated my right foot (It was dirt brown) so I was pretty freaked out thinking I was going to be walking around with dark brown and white slashes all over me (although I did like the color of the dark brown tan). I decided to take a bath about 10 hours after application in order to maybe scrub some of it off my foot and anywhere else I was really splotchy. As soon my body hit the water, the stuff came off...and I mean all of it. In fact, it is all now around my neck from floating to the top of the tub. I didn't even have to scrub. In fact, I lifted my foot with scrubber in hand and there was nothing there! I know it had a tint in it so you can see where you applied it, but I think that's all it had! No wonder they lowered the price of it from $18 to $10. It's nothing but bronzer with a promise of DHA.

My mom bought this for me because she was tired of me complaing about splotchy tans. It is an airbrush gun that you buy cartridges for. It is about $18 for the gun and 2 refills. This can be bought at various places, but the easiest place to get it is at Sally Beauty. They also sell the refills for $8 each there. This was probably the best self tanner I have used, besides Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan. There was little to no smell at all. It is tinted, so you can easily see where you apply it. It dries pretty fast. The color is a deep, rich brown, and not orange at all. I did get a little streaking, but probably because I didn't exfoliate first. But other than that, this is fantastic!

this is such an awesome product! for $12 at sallys yoy can get a professional spray tanning system and make it as dark as you want! the dry time was really short so I did sections at a time. the little song is great for the times that it clogs a little and sprays too much in one area. I just used it to rub in, and used the extra on my knees and ankles:) the face thing is kinda hard. I didn't want it on my hair so I sprayed it on the sponge like the directions said, and I feel that just wasted a lot of product. i ended up putting on a shower cap ams spraying my face and rubbing it in with the sponge. it's really easy to spray the floor too so make sure you put a towel or newspaper down:) overall I love it!