Dolce & Gabbana The One

Dolce & Gabbana The One

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I...am...in...LOVE!! There's really nothing ore that needs to be said. This has become my second favorite perfume. The perfect way to describe this scent would be a combination of "Glow by J.Lo" and "Miami Glow" also by J. Lo, ironically. I wish I had discovered this scent way earlier than I did, but it doesn't matter because now that I have it in my possession, I absolutely am in love with it!! Highly recommended; light, cozy scent that can worn year round.

on 3/18/2016 6:02:00 AM

I don't like it's.. There's other products same price or less has same nice small and stay on you hours ... I used but the smell not stayed and when i used alot quantity of its its become strong bad smell and also not stay ...

To Read all 310 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/26/2016 5:22:00 PM

Smell gives me headache....i was intrigued by the good reviews...but ohh my god...i cant pull it off...i m kinda sweet perfume lover...n this is nono for me...n doesnt last long max 2 hours for such an expensive perfume...waste of money....

on 1/20/2016 8:36:00 PM

I am a "perfume addict," as my mom calls me; my favorite fragrances include the following: Ralph Lauren Romance, Chanel No 5 Eau PremiƩre, Burberry London, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Calvin Klein Beauty, and Dior Hypnotic Poison. I had some leftover Christmas money and was in a department store, I thought, "hey why not buy new perfume!" I was torn between Chanel's Coco Noir and Dolce & Gabbana's The One. After finally deciding, I chose The One (no pun intended lol). It's amazing! It has an amber-y vanilla scent to it. And while I'm not a huge fan of very sweet fragrances, The One is an exception, as it has more of a sexy and warm smell. It's a very warm and seductive scent.

This is a warm vanilla..but, not a cookie or food smell vanilla. A little more mature and sophisticated. Warm, cozy..reminds me of cold nights curled up in a warm sweater. The longevity is pretty good, and it's settles very nicely once it hits those base notes. No sickly sweetness, no cloying sweetness..as if the vanilla was more..raw, maybe? It's sexy.

on 12/10/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a gourmand girl. Over the years I've occasionally experienced a floral that I liked enough to buy, but ultimately I want vanilla. It doesn't have to smell like cake batter, but it has to be a predominant note if not the main note. Every time I am assaulted by a fragrance sales associate, I say I want gourmands and they always proceed to push florals on me. Every single time. And I explain and explain and finally I insist on making them show me something else. This is no exception. To me The One is all flowers and citrus with little to no vanilla. I don't smell it AT ALL. Promoting it as a vanilla scent is misleading and inaccurate. If you are looking for vanilla, seriously, buy Indult Tihota instead.

These are the notes as listed on the Sephora site for The One: Bergamot, Mandarin, Lychee, Peach, Madonna Lily, Muguet, Plum, Jasmine, Vetiver, Vanilla, Amber, Musk. I do smell powdery amber. I do smell musk. It's a little sweet and citrusy. But bergamot, lily, muguet and jasmine are - hello - FLOWERS, and they dominate the blend. Yes, vanilla comes from an orchid. But honestly, I want the pod. The vanilla bean. Some of my favorite gourmands are Indult Tihota, Vanille Abricot by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Blue Agava and Cacao by Jo Malone, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, Bond No. 9 New Haarlem, Yves Saint Laurent's Black Opium, Back to Black By Kilian, and Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia. While not all of these feature vanilla, most of them do, and they are not overly floral.

I can appreciate a rose done well. I can even appreciate a nice gardenia if it's well rounded and somewhat creamy, not overly green. Jasmine is all right. Lily of the valley...I like it in Hudson Yards by Bond No. 9. But to my nose, "The One" is just a compromise of several notes, not one of which emerges as the star of the show and my nose is confused and disappointed by it. If I wanted to mix flowers over a vanilla base, I'd go for Lancome's La Vie Est Belle. And if I'm going to avoid gardens altogether, I think the creamy coffee of Black Opium is my best bet. The peppery sweet Marc Jacobs Decadence is more exciting than The One. There is a gorgeous gourmand from Bond No. 9 called Manhattan that has delicious notes of peach, plum, and gingerbread in a beautiful star-shaped bottle.

on 10/25/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a sexy warm fragrance that will make people feel a certain way when they smell it. It's kind of a classic fragrance and I really do love it but only on certain occasions like dates and during the winter. Its not versatile in that you can't wear it everyday because I find it almost too seductive for a regular day at the office and just feels inappropriate. Also keep in mind, its so popular that most people have already smelled it here or there so it may already be associated to an old memory which you are not a part of. That's probably one of the worst things in a fragrance next to it actually smelling bad! Its the female equivalent of smelling paco rabanes one million for men --- we all had a honeymoon phase with it and it still is a fantastic seductive fragrance but I've smelled it so often on so many different people that it just doesn't do the same thing as when it first came out. Remember scent is the sense the fastest to trigger memory! So this is a no-go for me.

on 6/3/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a sample of this. It's not for me though there is nothing really offensive about it. On me the predominant scent is vanilla. There are also some soft florals and baby powder. It does smell a little like the Johnson baby lotion. It is a warm scent. It has good lasting strength.

Love this, so unique and lady-like. A winter/eveninf perfume. Floral but warm. Lasts really well.

on 4/6/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my signature perfume. I'm terrible at analyzing notes but I can briefly say that it's amazing. It's more suitable for nights and cold days. It would be heavy for spring or summer days.

Popular Fragrances