Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I tried the liquid version of Double Wear back in 2010 and quite liked it, but I've never used the powder version until 2014. I started trying powder foundations since I began my clinical internships, with night shifts coming like avalanche and I don't really feel like spending time to doll myself up every morning. I was so shut out from the world that I haven't heard of things like tinted moisturizers and BB creams back then, so I resorted to powder - which is easier to slip into your purse compared to liquid foundation bottle.
I am currently using Tawny (3W1), just as my liquid version. It's best used with damp sponge for better coverage. When used dry, it also serves as a good touch-up powder - just be light with applying it. It stays on for about 4 hours before I need to touch up, and it helps controlling shine in my T-zone as well. Unlike some other powders I tried, this one hasn't broken me out.

on 7/13/2016 8:20:00 PM

This is now a must have product for me. whilst I was happy with the finish double wear liquid foundation gave me without any powder, I wanted a more flawless look. I can achieve that with this. I use the sponge applicator provided with this powder foundation and apply it over my liquid foundation. The finish is great and i feel so confident whilst wearing it. i have oily skin and unfortunately it does nothing for long term oil control as after 3/4 hours I have to use blotting powder. However I feel that is more down to my skin/primer/work environment. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again.

To Read all 245 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/2/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this powder in 2C3 Pebble for Winter and 3C2 Soft tan for Summer. I love it. I like that it evens out my tones when dry and gives such ultimate coverage when moistened. I have the new formulation which I have not had any problems with in regards to oxidizing. I was told they reformulated this last year. I always apply this after my high SPF day cream and it gives me coverage all day. I spot conceal then press DW pressed powder on with a stippling brush lightly. Then flick any excess off with a flat powder brush. It does not settle into lines nor have I noticed it clinging to my facial hair. I just get a soft focus effect which I love.

on 2/25/2016 9:58:00 PM

I use this powder as a finishing powder with a velour puff underneath a minimal amount of the double wear foundation. This gives me a beautiful soft focus, full coverage, smooth. hydrated, long wearing finish. I have combo-oily skin and it was just perfection.

on 12/29/2015 5:37:00 PM

Despite its name, it does not provide a long wear finish. It is pleasantly scented, easy to apply, provides decent coverage and natural finish, but it makes my T zone shiny in less than 2 hours which is also when the colour starts to disappear. In less then 3 hours, it is completely gone from my nose and my forehead and is impossible to touch up quickly. I must remove it first with a tissue/cotton pad and then reapply. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really enjoyed Estee Lauder's Stay-In-Place foundation so I decided to buy the matching Stay-In-Place powder. Not worth the $80 I spent.

- Doesn't control oil (T-Zone becomes very oily)
- Powder sticks to hairs on face
- Looks very cakey and ashy
- Darkens throughout the day

Had high hopes for this product. Don't recommend buying it.

I had never used an Estee Lauder product before, but I'd heard good things about their Double Wear line so I was excited to try this. My mom had purchased this powder and realized that she bought the wrong shade, so she let me have it. It's a perfect color match on me.

Although it's a powder foundation, I never use powders by themselves. I always use them to set my liquid foundations and combat shine. This stuff worked perfectly for that purpose. I use this over my BB cream or medium coverage foundation to get a little more coverage. One application is good for the day and I never have to reapply. It gives me an airbrushed look, too. I fell in love with this stuff immediately!

I love the texture of it. It's very fine milled and goes on so smooth. It comes with a sponge, but I prefer to use a kabuki brush because it gives a nicer and more even finish. I like that you can build this up to achieve fuller coverage without looking too cakey. A few other people seem to have issues with it oxidizing, but luckily I haven't had that problem and I've been using this powder for quite some time.

This is a great product! I am so happy that my mom passed this along to me instead of exchanging it, because it has become a staple of my makeup routine. It's a little pricey, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this in the future. Now I'm curious about trying the infamous Double Wear liquid...

on 6/29/2015 3:15:00 PM

I bought this in bone which is the lightest colour available in the UK although I am shell in the liquid version. The liquid version I wore for years happily but as I have got older and my skin has dried out it has not been as successful at covering my skin. The skin on my cheeks is drier and heavy liquid foundation just coagulates there and brings the dryness to everyone's attention. I decided to try the powder. The coverage is a light to medium finish so not as heavy as the liquid. I would prefer a heavier coverage. The colour is not light enough but foundations rarely are for me. It is ideal for just patting over skin in the morning to even out skin tone and conceal minor blemishes but you still need to apply concealer. It doesn't matter if you go over an area again with the puff to improve cover as it just generally darkens the area if the powder is not a perfect colour match. I find it does not accentuate my dry patches and provides decent cover although I still need to spot conceal. It lasts all day on my face without oxidising apart from on my nose BUT my nose is such an oil well that is normal. What pleased me was it stayed on perfectly everywhere else and on my chin especially, no settling into fine lines. I wish the colour was lighter.

on 6/5/2015 12:45:00 AM

- $40 (purchased at Macy's)
- Reference Point: I usually use NC25 in MAC Studio Tech or Bare Beige08 in Bare Minerals Brightening Serum. Combination/Slightly Oily Skin
- Application Technique:Brush

1. This powder WILL OXIDIZE, was initially matched with 3W1 Tawny at the counter, walked around the mall for 1+ hours, when i returned to my car i noticed that the powder had oxidized...it looked like i had a lot of fake,orange tanner/bronzer all over my face.
2. Feels very heavy, after a few hours (2+ hours), face begins to feel very greasy
3. Color Match is vey difficult- W (warm shades) are very yellow, C (cool shades) are very pink, N (neutral shades) make skin appear ashy

* Rather expensive for a powder foundation, most likely will not re-purchase due to oxidation, difficulty with color matching, & how it feels on your skin after a few hours.

Pros:
- nice and handy packaging
- didn't break me out

Cons:
- 1N2 Ecru in the liquid foundation, but 1N2 Ecru powder version is WAY lighter
- sheer coverage and rubs off
- kinda chalky and cakey
- doesn't control oil long

Wouldn't really recommend this product. Kinda useless for me