Givenchy Ange ou Demon

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why there is so much dislike for this fragrance! I loved it at first sniff. This is my third time to wear it. To me... It is hard to describe what it smells like. Warm, spicy, woodsy with vanilla is what I can smell. I was drawn in by the name and the bottle. Love the look and name. It looks kind of sinister to me (especially with my aged bottle that has amber colored juice instead of clear). I have seen so many reviews for this perfume. I love the way other people have described it... "Vampire in a cathedral", "something a witch would wear on Halloween", "like an old gothic church", incensey, mysterious and haunting. All those things made me HAVE to try it. It's right down my alley. Hehe.
It sort of reminds me a little of Chanel Coco and a little bit Dior Hypnotic Poison... But much better in my opinion. This is a little more subtle to me than either. I agree with most that this is perfect for cold weather!
I'm giving it 4 lippies because I wish it lasted longer on me and had better projection but I still love it and think that it suits me very well. ;)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

why such a cheap nasty bottle for this great perfume?hum?...
lactonic,tonka based dark,brooding,powdery,sugary and woody oriental...marvelous!!
so well blended that it hurts...very signature and very night time frag...
one of the best aromatic orientals ever made...
very sexy and intoxicationg...through the chiaroscuro prism..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beloved or hated, this one leaves no one indifferent.

I get a fog of lily and ylang-ylang, highlighted with incense and spice, gentled with breathy musks. I don't see incense listed anywhere but I detect a beautiful pointe of smokiness throughout the full composition.
In the base is a tantalizing combo of vanilla and tonka bean, just enough to give the perfume a rounded, voluptuous finish, but not enough to massacre it into some horrid sugary swill.

Whatever blast it dishes out first is immediately tamed down, though:
On me, it is not a major sillage scent, it's surprisingly close to the skin, much softer than I imagined.
I always register this one as a "lived in" fragrance: Not a glaring floral, or oriental, or whatever, but an amalgam of olfactory experiences, deposited in sprinkles of shimmery trichomes on skin, hair and clothing, touched, felt, breathed, rubbed in all the day to day situations brought on by a full life.

And then bottled.
So no, I don't buy the marketing nonsense they wrapped this one in, which I find trite and overdone, TBH, but it is a good sheer-luminous yet dark and spicy potion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm sort of savoring the last bit of this one in my bottle.. This is a very polarizing and weird scent, one minute it's very powdery, soapy and feminine, but the next it's almost masculine and very musky. It changes so much throughout the life of the scent, and it's hard to pin down exactly what I'm smelling.The first spray is my favorite part, it's very sensual and spicy with lots of saffron and cardamom, but then it drifts into a warm lily, white musk, and amber scent. I find this scent very mysterious, witchy, sexy, and beautiful. I can see how some people think it's a bit "old Lady" though, but that's just fine with me. I prefer the old lady scents most of the time anyway, and this one reminds me a bit of Chantilly , but much more spicy and sexy. I have both the parfum and toilette. I prefer the parfum and I think it's great for cold weather, nights, or rainy weather, but the lighter version is better for summer and day use.

I wish they had not discontinued this. At least I think it's discontinued, because I never see it in the shops here. I preferred this one over the other fruity flanker, which seemed to do better, but I have no idea why. This one is more unique and lasts longer. I love perfumes that I can smell for hours and hours, because I don't like respraying my perfume. And I don't like spraying a lot of perfume anyway, this one reminds me of Dior's Addict in that I can spray one or two squirts and I'm good for the day.

This perfume smell exactly like axe men's body spray I don't really care for it .

This one did not work for me. On my skin this is very heavy and sweet. It also has an old musty, powdery smell to it. It does stay on a long time and the bottle is pretty. I enjoy the flankers of this, but sadly not this one. I will not repurchase.

This scent contains lemon and cranberry. It is to light, sweet and fresh almost like a real fruit!! I would repurchase. The only downside, it doesn't last hours on the skin.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

To me this smells very sweet and chocolatey... Very irritating and lingers... Sickly! Not for me

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like Ange ou Demon EDP. I would rename this "The Haunting". It's like a soft subtle shadow of sultriness -- dark, eerie, exotic -- like something a witch would wear on Halloween night.

Released in 2006, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes: Lily, Orchid, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Rosewood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

I like this original better than its flankers Ange Ou Demon "Le Secret" and "Le Secret Elixir" because those two are so fruity, and I don't love fruitiness. This original Ange ou Demon does not give a fruity impression at all -- it's an oriental, on the order of Armani Code, I think. A soft subtle "noir" shadowy dark exotic mmmm scent.

Not strong or overpowering at all -- it's subtly dark & moody & sexy -- full of undertones & nuance & mystery. I feel like I can hide in it -- it has a cloaking quality. Perfect for nighttime & Fall & Winter, but I would wear it anytime. Just because it makes me feel good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My favorite! I once had the Hot Culture collection N.1, but I guess they discontinued with it. So I decided to Try Ange ou Demon, which I find it's very similar. I love perfumes with woody and spicy notes, but it's alsways very difficult to find something I really like.
The lasting power is ok, not the best, it's not too strong. But I am ok with that, I give it 5 stars.

Popular Fragrances