Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.6

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very flirty fragrance that reminds me of a fruit steamed in butter, a very creamy scent. The mango stands out throughout the entire staying power of this perfume for me, while the amber and musk pop out to surprise you. It only lasts about four hours with two sprays for me and then completely disappears. Very disappointing in the longevity for such a creamy fragrance.
I'd say it's more of a mid-Oriental, not so light to be frivolous or young and certainly not heavy at all. The musk envelops you enough to give this a bit of mystique.
A very pretty fragrance to wear year-round. I actually love the bottle it's in. I think it's so pretty for such a little price.
Top Notes: Spices, Mango.
Middle Notes: Cocobolo, Mango Blossom.
Base Notes: Amber, Musk.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this at Target a while back after Christmas on markdown. The only thing I had to go by was the pretty box and the scratch-and-sniff sticker outside. For the price, (I think it was at least half off) I could not resist. I was looking for something different to add to my perfume collection. I was very pleasantly suprised. It is sweet with some spice and musk. I have gotten several compliments on it and although I have a couple of other favorites, I would consider this my current signature scent. I have since ordered a replacement bottle online after I ran out. I did not think that a sophisticated scent would be associated with a "teen perfume", but I was proven wrong!

on 11/2/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very deep and complex scent, something I never really expected from Hilary Duff.

The scent is something I would only wear during the winter because it is very heavy and potent. When I say heavy I mean it, I sprayed a little on my arm from a long distance away mainly to figure out the notes running through. After washing my arm 4 times, I can still smell it as I am typing.

I don't really get the fruitiness that others have described, nor the sweetness. The reason I got this was because of many people describing this is a vanilla type scent, and for some reason I just don't smell it. All I get is extreme spiciness.

Its not a bad scent, but unfortunately something inside it gives me a splitting headache. Although even if it didn't give me headache, I honestly don't think I would ever wear this, its just a little too spicy.

on 6/28/2011 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My new favorite fragrance! I'm not usually a woody person but now I can't live without it.This is nothing like what I own - a very unique fragrance (I'm over florals!).. so warm and rich and sweet. One or two spritz lasts me all day. I also love the lotion in the gift pack unfortunately it's hard to find now.

on 2/18/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Found this one on sale, so had to try it. It works nicely on me! It smells good from start to finish. Just lovely. Will buy again!

on 12/29/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I generally avoid celebrity perfumes like the plague. This is one of the only celebrity perfumes I like, the other one being Britney's Circus Fantasy. The scent of With Love is sweet, but fresh at the same time (if that makes any sense). Nothing sickly sweet at all, like candy store sweet or anything. I swear, the scent strongly resembles some sort of herbal tea beverage (on me, at least). It's very strange, because it smells like something completely different on other people. Upon the first 10 minutes of applying, it has a slight bitter note that I'm not too fond of, but the drydown diffuses that note almost completely, which is a huge relief, because the base notes are the best part of this fragrance. I'm 19 now and my HG perfume now is Chanel Coco, but to be honest, with this fragrance, I wore it for 2 years straight in high school, so I think I'm going to go out today and get me another bottle, for old times' sake. It would be my third bottle. Speaking of the bottle, it's pretty and not over-the top. Just classic, which is what I'm all about.

on 11/14/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This scent was horrible on me. I don't know if it didn't work with my body chemistry, but it seriously smells like BO. I found it at Meijer on clearance for about $3 and figured I'd try it because it was so cheap. I'm so glad I didn't pay more! I've thought about giving it away, but I really can't do that in good conscience knowing how awful it smelled on me.

on 9/10/2010 2:18:00 PM

Smells just like Apple Juice. People always tell me this.

on 7/7/2010 8:25:00 PM

This is very meh. Best way to describe it would be sheer oriental with some fruit notes which sounds good, except it wasn't. This is a skin scent so don't expect major siliage. Furthermore, this is very simular to M by MCarey(except M is sweeter) so nothing new there. I already have M and With Love is slightly weaker twin sister. Yes, it is different from other celebrity fragrances which lately all seem to fall into gardenia/tuberose florals lately(Beyonce's new perfume and Kim K's also) but not distinctive or different enough to interest me.

A friend of mine owns this fragrance titled "With Love" by Hilary Duff and I absolutely dislike its scent. It smells very "old lady" like without a hint of sugary/vanilla smell or floral, VERY strong and heavy formula. In fact, I had one of my guy friends tell the poor doll to change perfume. The bottle has a lovely design, but the smell is a no no for me.

Popular Fragrances