Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.6

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I can hardly believe these poor reviews, this stuff works a treat for me! To be fair, i do use a separate eye makeup remover and the product says right on the bottle not to use it on your eyes. I have oily skin so this can't be the only cleanser I use, its too rich for that. But it does break down my makeup and rinses clean off so I'm happy with it.

on 2/12/2017 12:04:00 PM

Is not meant to remove eye makeup and burns like crazy if you accidentally get it in your eye. Does not do a good job at removing face makeup. Not worth it at all.

on 2/12/2017 11:23:00 AM

Wow! I am so glad I didn't read the reviews before i bought this, because for me, this was one of the best cleansers I've ever used. I loved everything about it. My skin looked the best that it had in a loooong time while I was using this. I don't know if I can attribute that to using all Clinique products at the time or not. (This, All About Eyes cream, and Dramatically Different Moisture lotion) I experienced ZERO breakouts while using this! ZERO! I did use a separate makeup remover for my eye makeup, because I don't think any cleanser is good enough to get rid of the heavy liner and mascara that I sometimes put on. But for foundation, concealer, dirt, sweat - it wiped through all of that. I will absolutely repurchase!

on 12/14/2016 6:40:00 AM

I really wanted to love this cleansing milk. I've used it for a while while shopping at Ulta to remove makeup test swatches on my wrists and thought it worked great. I finally bought it for home use for my face and found out it really burns my eyes and had to return it. Two lippies for doing what it claims.

on 12/2/2016 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Drying! Doesn't rinse off easily. Not worth the price and doesn't remove makeup effectively.

on 12/14/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is not good. I was looking for something to remove water resistant foundation and eye makeup. I swatched a couple of CLINIQUE eye pencils on my hand, and then went over them with this Cleansing milk to see if it would remove them. Nope. It took forever for the eyeliner to even start to budge a little. I ended up in the Estee Lauder counter and got their Take it Away makeup remover lotion. That one WORKS, but stinks a bit. If it didn't stink and felt completely safe around my eyes I would give that 5 out of 5 because it MELTS waterproof/water resistant makeup. BUT it stinks a bit, and I have to be careful to not get it in my eyes (even though is not so bad I have to avoid using it around my eyes), so its not perfect. Still If you want a makeup remover lotion that WORKS and you already have an eye makeup remover, I would totally reccomend the Estee Lauder lotion. I take it off with a cotton round and all my makeup comes off, great pre cleanse.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I had to return this because it burned my eyes terribly. It sounded like a soothing option for removing mascara, but I definitely don't recommend it for removing eye makeup. I didn't expect that from a Clinique product. I'm just not a fan of this line, because I exchanged this for the formula specifically for removing eye makeup and it caused some of my lashes to fall out, so this line just isn't for me and I can't recommend it.

on 5/7/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk is a bit mislabeled. I have tried Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Balm, and I found them to be super at effortlessly removing all makeup, even the most tenacious. However, the cleansing milk struggles to remove any makeup at all, and I end up having to rub with a tissue or washcloth to remove makeup with this product. I feel this defeats the purpose of having a gentle cleanser, since the rubbing can be irritating to skin. I have not tried it around my eyes because I use a separate makeup remover for that area.

The good points--this product is packaged nicely, and is very convenient to use because it doesn't run like an oil. It is fragrance free, with a glue-like scent which I find to be inoffensive. The product in itself is not the least bit irritating to my sensitive facial skin, and is slightly emollient, so would be good for drier skin.

The bad points--other than the fact it doesn't remove makeup, I have to use a rather large amount to get full coverage on my face and neck, so it is not a great value for money.

Overall, I think Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk would make an excellent emollient 2nd-step cleanser for those with dry skin (hence the 4-lippies). However, it doesn't really "take the day off" for long-wearing makeup or water-resistant sunscreen.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This doesn't even remove the lightest makeup. Terrible product. If you want something that will take your makeup off get the Take the Day Off Cleansing balm.

on 4/25/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The worst cleanser I have ever used. Please don't waste your money on this product - horrible scent, feels like acid in your eyes and doesn't remove any makeup whatsoever. The pain of this product in my eyes was worse than shampoo. Wish I never bought it.