Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.6

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I had to return this because it burned my eyes terribly. It sounded like a soothing option for removing mascara, but I definitely don't recommend it for removing eye makeup. I didn't expect that from a Clinique product. I'm just not a fan of this line, because I exchanged this for the formula specifically for removing eye makeup and it caused some of my lashes to fall out, so this line just isn't for me and I can't recommend it.

on 5/7/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk is a bit mislabeled. I have tried Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Balm, and I found them to be super at effortlessly removing all makeup, even the most tenacious. However, the cleansing milk struggles to remove any makeup at all, and I end up having to rub with a tissue or washcloth to remove makeup with this product. I feel this defeats the purpose of having a gentle cleanser, since the rubbing can be irritating to skin. I have not tried it around my eyes because I use a separate makeup remover for that area.

The good points--this product is packaged nicely, and is very convenient to use because it doesn't run like an oil. It is fragrance free, with a glue-like scent which I find to be inoffensive. The product in itself is not the least bit irritating to my sensitive facial skin, and is slightly emollient, so would be good for drier skin.

The bad points--other than the fact it doesn't remove makeup, I have to use a rather large amount to get full coverage on my face and neck, so it is not a great value for money.

Overall, I think Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk would make an excellent emollient 2nd-step cleanser for those with dry skin (hence the 4-lippies). However, it doesn't really "take the day off" for long-wearing makeup or water-resistant sunscreen.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This doesn't even remove the lightest makeup. Terrible product. If you want something that will take your makeup off get the Take the Day Off Cleansing balm.

on 4/25/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The worst cleanser I have ever used. Please don't waste your money on this product - horrible scent, feels like acid in your eyes and doesn't remove any makeup whatsoever. The pain of this product in my eyes was worse than shampoo. Wish I never bought it.

on 3/8/2016 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

1. Does not remove make-up, not even foundation 2. Burns my eyes. 3. Weird, strong smell. 4. Just an awful product I wish I would have never bought

A disappointment.
This product makes my eyes water even when I rinse it off as thoroughly as I can and avoid using it near my eyes. It also makes my skin feel 'hot'. I do not feel it removes makeup very well. With most cleansers I will use it around my eye area but not with this one. Highly annoying as apparently it is 'allergy tested and 100% fragrance free'.
The best thing about this product is the handy pump bottle and the easy to spread milky lotion. Too bad it makes me cry and doesn't clean that well. I will try and use it up in the shower on my legs- far away from my eyes.

on 8/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

I've got a combo/sensitive skin and it's very hard to find a skin product which does not irritate my skin, especially cleansers and toners. Most of them have got an alcohol included which burns my skin straight after application or they are alcohol free but do not "wash" the excess oil from my face at all.

I bought this milk just to a give a try really, did not expect too much from it...but it works great!! I really like it and use it every night.

Pros - great for combo/sentitive skin, lovely silky finish after washing off. Using it in a pair with Mild Lotion and it gives to my skin an amazing fresh dewy radiance tone!! Comes with a pump.

Cons - always get a slight redness on my cheeks after washing out, but it's only a visible effect, can not really feel any irritation and it dissapears in a minute or two, so not big deal but want to mention it in case a girl with very sensitive skin been reading this..not sure how that would work for you.
Another problem is once you apply this milk it takes ages to wash it out as it gets more and more and more foamy LOL don't know why, doesn't matter how much milk you apply, it always foams a lot....due to this I apply it before I go to shower and wash it out once I am there, it's the easiest way, can not recommend to girls who are rushing out in the morning - you're gonna be late!
Do not use near your eyes, once it gets in it burns like hell.

So in overall I give to this product 4 lippies. One down cos of the foaming, stings eyes and due to this I do not think it's worth the full price. But to be honest it's the only cleanser which works for my sensitive skin very well so unless I find another, the perfect cleanser, I am going to purchase this again.

I am editing my previous review of this product because Clinique has changed the formula.
The sales clerk at three local counters told me the product had not been reformulated but I knew better.
The old product had a slight scent and it stung horribly.
The new product has no odor at all and the texture of the lotion is different.
The sales clerks were adamant that the formula had not been changed.
Well, once again, the sales clerks were not informed!
I check the ingredients on my old bottle and compared them to my new bottle.
GUESS WHAT CLINIQUE REPS? IT WAS CHANGED...
Clinique has removed the Chammomile. I was right.
This is one of Clinique's worst products. This burned my eyes. This felt very warm the minute that I applied it to my face. It was also very drying for me. I have Rosacea and this was recommended by Paula Begoun as being OK for Rosacea/sensitive skin. This product is not OK for me. Aside from burning my face and eyes, it did not rinse well. Nor, did it remove my physical sunscreen. I returned this and will not purchase again. There is not one single aspect of this product that I think is a "Pro" and there are numerous "CONs"
The price is way, way out of line. The packaging is ok. Clinique can do better than this.

on 6/13/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as just a regular cleanser, even in the mornings when I'm not wearing makeup. It cleans my skin perfectly and leaves it feeling so soft. My skin is on the drier side, and it is the perfect cleanser for me. I rub it on my face then add some water and cleanse like normal. Then rinse and dry with a towel.

on 5/25/2015 6:19:00 PM

Lately my skin have been flaring up with acne and along with that have come a lot of scars. Scars that require an artillery of makeup. For that reason I have been considering some sort of makeup remover that I can use before my regular cleanser just to make sure I really get it all off. I was looking for a sulphate-free, non-fragrant and non-irritating cleanser that would not leave an oily film on my skin. This one said “take the day off” and “residue-free formula” plus it was rated as one of the best cleansers at beautypedia so I took a chance, I thought. Well it was actually a risk I am not going to take again. The cleansing milk felt quite thick on my skin, I put it on a dry face and let it sit a minute. Then I splashed my face with water and tried to rub it off my skin for a bit but i could still feel a greasy film sticking on my face and in my pores. I wiped a cotton pad over my face and guess what, it got tinted beige. Perhaps one needs a washcloth along with the cleanser to really get the makeup off throughout. Well the extra rubbing and swiping required only irritated my already redness-prone skin further… Worth to mention is that this thing stung like hell around my eyes. I wouldn’t buy this thing even if it was on sale. It didn’t work for me and I’m just a bit unhappy that I spend that amount of money on a barely to be mediocre cleanser.