LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

2.7

Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 8/22/2009 12:24:00 PM

So glad LUSH brought Recon back!

This is a deep conditioner that I like to use once in awhile, like every 6 weeks, or when my hair/scalp feel especially dry. Recon comes in a black pot. Collect 5 pots and return them to a store for a free fresh face mask. It's a pretty thick goo, and it has a slightly minty smell, a combination of peppremint/rosemary. Does not smell like Aveda rosemary mint, though.

Read the directions on this and follow them to the letter to have great results. Massage into dry hair/scalp, leave on 20 minutes. Apply shampoo to hair BEFORE YOU GET IT WET, then lather up with water and rinse. I usually have to shampoo one more time to get it completely out.

This is great to use if you're getting split ends. It leaves my fine hair moisturized, but still with volume.

ingredients:Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 8/4/2007 11:21:00 PM

Recon may take the prize as the worst product I've ever tried on my hair. I followed the directions, applying it at the roots, massaging it into my scalp, leaving it for 20 minutes, then shampooing it out. The problem was with the final step. As I was shampooing, I could feel that the oils from Recon were being spread through my hair. I used I Love Juicy and after the first shampooing I could tell another was needed. After the second shampooing, I still felt my hair was feeling a bit too heavy and slick but I decided to use a wee bit of a light conditioner and finish up. But no. Blowdrying my hair, it became apparent that my hair was ultra slick and oily. I swear my hair wouldn't be that greasy if I didn't wash it all week! YUCK! Super yuck. So, I had to get wet again. Shampooed two more times with Herbal Essences Degunkify. That got the worst of it out, but I can still feel a residue in my hair. Never again! Putting it up for Swap but will only send to someone who's used it before and still wants it!

Update March 6, 2008: I finally found a use for this: it makes a great foot cream. And *that* tells you all you need to know about why this should never be put on your hair! continued >>

I don't know what it is about this year, but typically i have light dandruff that i keep at bay with head and shoulders but this last fall it has gotten so bad. So bad its literally embaressing for me. I'm constantly checking my clothes if my top happens to be a dark color. I came into lush with high hopes since i like most of their products. Was coaxed into buying this. Was kinda sad i had to put out $15 for a small tub, but i've tried so many different things that didnt help, i got desperate. After the first day of use, i thought it was getting better. But after several uses it went back to what it used to be. The label reads to use it for 7 continuous days, i even did it for 9 and i still flake and itch like crazy. I went back to lush to let them know about how it did nothing for me and they basically gave me a sad face, said too bad and let me go.

on 3/17/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Big fan of Recon, here. I don't have dandruff, but I have a terribly persnickety scalp in Winter. Also, since my hair is very thick, natuarlly curly/wavy and color-treated, I don't wash it every day...which can lead to a case of the "itchies" every once and awhile. Recon seems to make my curls spring back into action, as well. I read the reviews on the LUSH website (as I often do before buying) and they seemed much more positive than on MUA. I think those who had a hard time getting it out of their hair didn't quite read the directions (shampoo must start on dry hair). It would be better in a tube with a nozzle you could point directly on to specific areas of your scalp, but that's my only complaint.

on 1/21/2007 11:45:00 AM

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! I was very excited to use this product, it sounded and smelled great! BUT The smell was sickening on my hair but the WORST part was what it did. Not only did I have to use HALF a bottle of shampoo to get it OUT of my hair, it BROKE OUT my skin like crazy. I have red, irritaded bump along my hair line and into the rest of my face. I had to use my BEST, expensive concelor to cover it up and that didn't even take away half the redness or the DISGUSTING bumps. I DO NOT HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. In fact, my skin is usually clear and I have NEVER had a reaction to products like this before. You couldn't pay me $1,000 to use this again. DO NOT BUY IT!!

I think this stuff is great! I bought this because I shampoo every third day, and sometimes my scalp gets an unsavory smell accompanied by a bit of flaking (since I don't wash it that often, the dead skin kind of builds up). I used mine for the first time last night and was instantly intrigued by the minty, herbal scent. Lush instructs that you avoid applying to your hair, so I took 6 hair clips and sectioned my hair in order to apply it primarily to my scalp. The thing is, it is GOING to get onto your hair no matter what you do (barring taking out the clippers and shaving your head)! I massaged it onto my scalp, left it on for about an hour, and then washed it out with I Love Juicy (which is made to get oily hair clean). After one wash, I must admit I did still feel essential oils in some spots, so I lathered up a second time and followed with American Cream. I went to bed with wet hair and woke this morning to shiny, bouncy hair! Absolutely NO greasy after-effects. And this stuff isn't just a psychological product (meaning you think it works because it sounds like it should), this contains salicylic acid along with a plethora of essential oils to really make a difference (the bonus is that your head gets cleared from the subtle peppermint aroma!).