Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dior's DiorShow mascaras, IMO do live up to the hype. Unlimited is my absolute favourite. I stuck with the regular DiorShow for a while, switched over to Blackout, before [accidentally!] ending up with Unlimited.

I used the original 5X/week [school] for 2 years before my eyelashes seemed to get bored, and the effect wasn't as good. Also, I found the brush for both the Original and Blackout too big and bulky. Unlimited has a nice, thin brush that is alot more controllable after an all-nighter, getting ready for school before coffee when I'm not all that alert. I'm not bopping myself in the eye. When applying mascara to the bottom lashline, I don't brush up against the side of my nose with the brush.

I have long lashes, that are quite straight, and I suffer from the dreaded blonde lashes. Unlimited - moreso than Blackout & the original, IMO - curls well. I do get it in black, and it doesn't flake [which was a problem I've had with Lancome and why I switched over to Dior.] I don't notice the fragrance people mentioned earlier - either to say "Smells rank!" or "Yummy." It's not as dramatic as the original or Blackout, which makes it perfect for everyday.

I don't find it dries out any quicker than any other mascara I have. It is pricey, though, when you're replacing it every 3-5 months. So, if you're looking for a nice mascara and are willing to spend a little extra, or this is one of your only beauty extravagances, it's definately worth it.

on 1/20/2008 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample from Sephora and I really like this! I only have 2 problems with it:
1) It flakes too soon after applying, and 2) It costs way too much to buy the full-sized! I dislike spending more than $10 on a tube of mascara that I have to discard in 3 months. Dior & Chanel have ridiculously priced cosmetics, and simply not worth the hefty price tags, IMO. So, even tho I enjoyed the sample, I know I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love Diorshow, and when I went to repurchase, the SA said that this product is even better. I bought two of them so I could get the GWP. This was about 6 months ago. I am finally finishing the second tube and frankly, I am very disappointed with the product. It is not anywhere near the power of the original Diorshow, and it is true, it used to affect my eyes whereas the original Diorshow did not. It did not make my eyes pop, it did not make my eyes look like they had false eyelashes like Diorshow did. It was just a regular mascara, very black mind you, but nothing spectacular and certainly not worth the money IMO. I will not be repurchasing. Their Ultima mascara with the regular Diorshow on the tips will give the best bang for the buck.

on 8/13/2007 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very skeptical at first that any mascara should cost this much money, but I have to say that it does what it claims. I took one lippie of because of the price. Since you are supposed to change out your mascara every three months this could turn out to be a pricey product. But time will tell. I will update when I run out of this tube...

*EDIT: So I went out and bought another tube of this stuff because it works. It gives the volume and definition that I wanted and it didn't flake off after an hour. The brush is awesome and it lasted me longer than I though. When I wore this I got a lot of compliments from people and that means that it makes a difference. You want things to look natural but enhanced. Definetely worth the $23 at Sephora.

on 3/22/2007 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my first and last Dior mascara. Bought it cause the tax free shop had run out of YSL Faux Cils which i wanted to try. while the first visual effect is kinda all right, the mascara smudges easily, clumps, doesn't seperate lashes well.. all the problems i never had with Lancome Hypnose. Wouldn't recommend this to anybody. The only way I can make this look better is paired with Shiseido mascara base.

on 10/20/2006 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love love love this mascara. I have previously been a DiorShow devotee but found it dried out my lashes badly. In comparison, Unlimited gives me more length and more separation than the original formulae, but the original gives me more volume. For me Unlimited is the perfect HG marriage between DiorShow original and YSL Faux Cils. And I should add that I find the Unlimited brush much easier to work with than the original, I LOVE the curve. There is a pic of me wearing it in my profile. Kisses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of the original DiorShow - found it very clumpy and goopy. My lashes stuck togest and gave me that "spider lash" look. The wand was way too thick.
I'm reluctant to say this is my HG mascara (as I always continue my search for a perfect mascara), but this is FANTASTIC for daytime wear. No, it doesn't do much in the way of volumizing for me, but with a curler used before hand (sometimes I skip this step), this mascara is fabulous for lengthening and curling. It beats Chanel's Extracils,Shiseido's Curling Mascara and Armani's Starlash hands down. No smudging after an eight hour day (and my eyes tend to tear on a frequent basis). If you're looking for dramatic lashes, I would suggest the original DiorShow (just be prepared to comb and recomb) or Lancome's Fatale (which requires a lot of work, but really gives your lashes quite a bit of "oomph"). This is not as wet of a formula as Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes but the pigment is just as good (the packaging just isn't as cute). I would prefer a glossier mascara, but if it means no racoon eyes, I'll take it! I think I've tried every high and low end mascara out there, so please email me if you want me to know how this compares to the usual suspects: Clinique Glossy, all the Chanel, Prescriptives,Kanebo and Shiseido mascaras, BB, Chantecaille, Darphin, Clarins, Kevyn Aucoin,Pout, Blinc, Fresh Supernova, Bourjois, Stila, Anna Sui and Sisley. I have also tried most drugstore brands. DiorShow Unlimited is a keeper (for now)!

EDIT: After several weeks of use, I have only now realized that this is a fiber mascara, and these just don't agree with me. Too much product comes out of the tube, and I end up scraping it off the side. No, I don't pump the wand, as a mascara whore, I know better! If you like fiber mascaras, then this is fine. I'll stick w/ Guerlain Divinora for daytime, which lengthens and seperates just like the Dior product, but doesn't tug on my lashes (like a fiber mascara doeas). I also found that the DiorShow became significantly drier after several weeks. Overall, not a bad mascara at all, but it just doesn't work for me.