Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

After being a huge fan of the regular Diorshow, I thought I'd try the Azure Blue for a pop of color and mistakenly bought DiorShow Unlimited instead of the regular. Mistake indeed. After ooo-ing and ahh-ing over the color I applied this to my lashes only to be left with a clumpy mess. WHY!? URGH! This is going back to Sephora and I'll pick up the regular in the fab Azure Blue color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love, love this mascara. It's probably the best I've ever tried.
Pre Diorshow Unlimited, My two top favorites were Clinique High Impact (for evening) and Clinique High Definition (for day), with an honorable mention to Helena Rubenstein Lash Queen for having decent daytime performance, and a rave for the Maybelline Lash Expansion as a drugstore fave. I'm not sure what your lash needs are - but for me - I have pretty full lashes that are decently long - they are not short and they are not thin. I want something that will turn my lashes into like doll's eye lashes but not spider eyes. A lot of the 'fattening' lash mascaras like the original Diorshow and Benefit BadGal, don't work for me, because they clump up, I have to use a lash comb and/or they end up looking like spider eyes. This is a beautiful, lengthening, (it also fattens but not too much - and it does not clump), glossy, incredibly beautiful, natural looking finish. I love it.

on 7/30/2007 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Okay, I finally bit the bullet and tried a DiorShow mascara. I actually like this mascara and will sacrifice my frugality to purchase it again. This mascara is designed for girls like me. I have long, naturally curly lashes and I've found that sometimes they are too curly (imagine that). I use the wand on this mascara to get all to all my lashes and "fan them outward". I've found the formulation to be pretty good. I have oily skin and I haven't found it to be flaky or smudgy. The black is black enough for me. I also find that proper application does not cause clumps. I have nice feathery lashes that are perfect for everyday wear. To amp to the look, I sometimes make DiorShow Waterproof as my top coat. Marvelous! The price is a little outrageous on thought -- but it's a splurge I'm ready to commit to. :)

on 11/6/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is for lengthening and I use it before DiorShow original as this was how it was demonstrated on me from a Dior national artist. It is great if you just need length and it was greatly help with separation. I really love the brush the most and I had no issues with eye irritation. I have the same color in DiorShow and do not see any different between them, just a great black color.

If you need length AND thickening, I'd try a primer (I hear shiseido has a great one) to get some thickness and unlimited for length.

on 1/2/2008 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used the original DiorShow mascara when it first came out and loved it. Went back and got the DiorShow Unlimited, and it clumps like CRAZY. Maybe it's because it's a fresh tube and the tube leaves too much product on the brush, but I have to spend a while combing out my lashes after I apply. In fact, it clumps so much that I have a hard time getting a second coat on, so it's pretty difficult to observe its effects with just one coat.

It also has a tendency to rub off in my undereye area even when I only apply to upper lashes. Maybe it'll be better when it dries out a little.

on 7/16/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

YUK! This is awful and way too expensive for something I hate. DONT waste your money. It wont hold a curl at all and it flakes like crazy. I expected a lot more from Dior. This is such a bummer for me.
Its going back to sephora this week.

on 4/11/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Got this in Azure solely for a subtle pop of tasteful color. I place just a bit on the tips of my lashes after my HG Blackout. This method of application keep this look from appearing tawdry. I have yet to work up the courage to try full on application.

on 6/28/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When i use this mascara, i usually do a double coat. i have short lashes, and this mascara doesn't plump them up enough on its own. i have the blue one, and it really does lengthen them. you can tell its blue in the light, and it's subtle in normal light. this is a really fun product to have, and it lasts a very long time. I looove this.

FYI I also use almay thickening mascara with this. they both work really well together if anyone has short lashes and wants to get some VA-VA-VOOM volume. seriously.