Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Other
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 8/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this top coat, it's better than most fast drying top coats I've tried. Goes on easy, no streaks or lumps. Dries fast. Leaves a nice shine to my nails and possibly making them stronger, not sure yet but they are chipping last often. Rarely happens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is good as long as it lasts.

I am SO disappointed in this. When you first get it, it's amazing. It does dry very quickly, amazing shine, easy to apply, not too thick at all which i hate when topcats are and it does not create bubbles which is one of my biggest issues with nail polish.....

BUT!! I only had this for about A MONTH before it became thick, goopy, unmanageable and even like 10-12 (!) drops of OPI's nail polish thinner couldn't do the job very good. It did make it a little more thin, but it was still thick and just stressful to work with! Also, i am half way through the bottle in only a month as well. I am NOT satisfied with that.

For the longevity of this, the price is absolutely ridiculous. Paying so much for a topcoat i can only use in about a month is excuse me, shitty as hell.

I will repurchase because I do not have anything in mind to switch it out with now and I am pleased with how it works when i first get it - but I am still very disappointed and I am sad that i have to spend so much money on a topcoat you can't even finish before it gets almost impossible to work with - better luck next time, Essie! Boooo!

on 6/18/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Bottom line: this gave me the shiniest top coat that dried the quickest, the hardest over the four top coats below. If I don't use a good base coat I will get sheeting. There is some slight shrinkage if I'm not careful to wrap the tips well. I've tried the below, all side by side as comparsion to Essie.

Essie Good to Go. This had by far the highest glass like glossy sheen that lasted. And it dried the hardest, the quickest. Unlike the other brands I tried, I couldn't even dig my nail to make a dent or scratch if I wanted to. I went camping with a two day old mani and I didn't get any chips until the second day of camping and it was pretty minimal. I've noticed, oddly, that Essie GTG does not work well with Essie colors for me, it chips pretty quickly. With other brands (even cheap ones) I've had 4-5 days chip free, easily.

Rock Top Coat just doesn't cure for me, so that was returned.

SH Mega Shine went on nicely and dried completely. I was severely disappointed with the shine! And it left some minor brush strokes.

SH 4-in-1 Moisture Treatment--just not a good top coat despite that one of the "4" uses is a top coat. It was not quick drying and chipped almost immediately.

Revlon Gel Envy. Provides long wear, but the color range is paltry and I found the top coat dulls after a few days.

BEST TOP COT ON THE PLANET. Yes, I said it.

For $10 at shoppers drugmart, it works better than any other top coat i have tried... OPI, Seche Vite, Sally Hansel, China Glaze, other specialty brands...

It dries your nailpolish FAST, stays hard, and is always shiny with no chipping. I especially love this because I can use lower quality nailpolishes that don't last as long, yet this top coat makes them look like a million bucks.

I spent $10 on this top coat, which is a small investment for the value it brings.

Conclusion: BOMB. I'm stocking up.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I would buy Essie Good To Go over and over again, it is that amazing! I have been using this product since September 2013, and it gives any brand of nail polish a salon finish. It also dries the nail polish really quickly so you are left with a smooth and streak free finish. The only downside is that after a few months of using it, it starts to get a bit goopy making it a little hard to apply, to overcome this I just added a few drops of my nail polish remover and it worked perfectly. However, I do think Essie should look into this and improve the longevity of the product.

*Bear in mind that this top coat will shrink the overall coverage of the nail polish so apply the top coat generously. I do my nails once a week and always use this top coat - I am still on my first bottle, so it really lasts a long time. I think it costs about GBP 8.99 in Boots - well worth the money!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I painted G2G on my nails then walked back to my bathroom. I hesitated before diving into my makeup bag, thinking, "There is no way this stuff is dry in under a minute". I gently tapped a finger against my nail and it was STONE HARD DRY!! Unlike those oils that claim to "dry" nails quickly (spray PAM cooking spray on your nails? Really??). My only question is, why cant ALL nail polishes dry this fast??

on 8/26/2013 2:59:00 AM

It dries quickly and goes on smoothly - which are very important for quick drying top coats.

I also like the fact that it's readily available - I don't have to make a special trip to a beauty store or online order. I can just go to local drugstore (cvs, walgreens, etc) to pick one up easily. Having that said, Essie in general is "pricey" for drugstores and they never goes on sale at these drugstores. But overall, I don't mind purchasing them at their full price (I've seen them priced at anywhere between $8 - 10 depending on the store) because I like them.

One actual "negative" about the product - it starts to get thickened and gunky about half way down the bottle. It's still usable (but application suffers) but I end up buying new ones after about 1/2-2/3 way down.

My first fast-drying top coat, love it simply for enabling me to finally wear coloured nail polishes - I have absolutely no patience to wait until my nails have dried properly so would always mess up any manicure I got and ended up wearing only clear polish. Now I can finally frollick around with colour like all the other gals ;) Gotta say though that I found this made my nails brittle over time, so after about ten days of use I had to cut them very short. And that happened despite using Essie Nourish Me base coat underneath. Also I just got a bottle of Seche Vite to compare and it really seems to dry faster than Essie, cannot really say whether it damages my nails yet. In any case, I will continue using both brands - possibly with some days in between uses to allow my nails to recover.

on 2/28/2013 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product!! it's my holy gail!!! dry fast and very nice shinny finish, whatever color i color on after i top coat with this it always look amazing.