Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this stuff! In a small amount of time, it made my skin completely acne free and smooth! It does dry out my skin after using it, so after I take a shower, I put on some lotion so my face is more nourished. I've tried so many different things, and this has been my favorite!

I don't have acne, so I don't use this as an acne scrub. I use it more for exfoliating, & for that, it works great:) It is much more gentle for my face than St. Ives face scrub. If you use too much, it can be very drying for skin. I'm guessing it's drying because it has acne medication in it, so that's why I don't use this scrub that often. Since I don't have acne, I would not know how well this scrub keeps breakouts at bay. The medication in it seems like it's pretty strong, so it could possibly help. I would reccommend, but I wouldn't use this scrub everyday, maybe up to 2 times a week (if that).

on 2/6/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I started using this product, my acne decreased. It didn't go away completely, but they are smaller and a lot less than before. When I stopped using this product, my acne came back. When I started using it again, it decreased again. This is the first time I ever really noticed a product make a difference. I use this in the morning when I shower and it makes my skin feel smooth and soft and clean. I hope they never discontinue this because it really works for me! Love it!

on 11/1/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have 2 words....CYSTIC ACNE!!!! HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm on my second bottle right now and I still love it. If I were to not find this product, I would still be having acne on my forehead, nose, and around my mouth. Before I started using this product, my forehead had a whole bunch of pimples, the bottom of my mouth had these weird bumps that aren't example pimple, just weird bumps, same with the side of my mouth, it also cleared up the blackhead on my nose though it's not really "suppose" to, but I got lazy and stopped using it and the blackheads are back, lol, oh wells. I honestly don't remember how long it took to clear my skin up (I still don't have perfect skin but it's still better than before).

This product has small white beads in it along with bigger orange beads. It's supposed to clean the skin and get rid of excess oil.

I personally don't use it as a scrub, I just apply it on my T-zone where I need it - I don't apply a layer either, I kind of make a thicker which I don't think I need... (anyways) then I scrub it off about 3 minutes later in circle motion.

WARNING: For SOME people, they react to this product about a month of use and will get really, really bad breakout, I took the risk of using it and luckily I didn't breakout and it worked for me but it will breakout some people. This also makes your skin sun-sensitive so use sunscreen, I personally don't use sunscreen just because I apply it mostly on my forehead and my bangs cover it so it's like whatever.

Also, the reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because it doesn't completely leave my skin pimple-free, I still get the occasional here and there on rare occassions. continued >>

on 4/26/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a great scrub. I use it every other day or so, in the shower as my scrub (not as my cleanser) and have gone through a few tubes over the years. It's gentle and doesn't scrach my skin, but leaves it feeling soft and smooth. I like that this has 2% salicylic acid 'cause it tingles and feels like it's doing something, but isn't the least bit drying. I've just picked up the newer green "acne stress control" scrub and will give that a go now .. hopefully it's as great or even better!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ok so let me start off by saying that this product is AWESOMENESS. i have oily skin and before i found this god-send item, NOTHING worked for me. not even st. ives and clearasil!! (they were ok, but too drying) me and my mom picked this out because then (being 13) just realized that i had oily skin and it said oil-free.i've been using this product for a year and a half now and it worked good for my skin. the results are not like excellent, but over time i did see a great change to my skin~~ i only use this at night in the shower and rarely in the morning (i only do if i didnt the night before) also i use it with a spot treatment at times and it works well too~~ this leaves ur face soft after washing~~ for me, since using this i've only tried out another neutrogena face wash but immediately went back to this. as for the packaging, when i'm almost finished, i cut it open to scoop out the the remaining because it could get frustrating if u just try and squeeze it. the price for this is pretty good too~

on 1/31/2010 1:37:00 PM

Wow! I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this. I'm on my fourth tube and I find this is a good cleanser for my oily skin. It removes all the excess oil from my skin without overdrying and has never caused me to breakout. I use this every other day in the shower and it has never caused any irritation.
As for exfoliation, I think my St. Ives scrub is a little better (see my review for that) but this is a good scrub for more gentle exfoliation if you exfoliate more often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I should have known when my sister gave this to me something was wrong.lol. This scrub gave me the worst breakout I have seen in a long time. At first I thought it was just purging my skin but after 2 weeks I realized that my skin did not likey :/ However, I did give it 2 lippes for how smooth it got my skin but I would not repurchase nor would I recommend. Thanx sis!

on 7/22/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay I guess. my face does feel clean, but it's not doing anything for my existing acne, which is what i wish it would do. It does make my face feel soft though. It says oil free, but (i have oily skin) it makes my face more oily than other cleansers that I have tried. so idk.