Quo Skin Tints tinted moisturizer spf 15

No Image

3.1

on 4/10/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first tinted moisturizer and it pretty much lived up to my expectations.

The only minor issue with it is that when I went to buy it at SDM, there were no samples left, so I couldn't determine which shade would be best for me simply by the name of the shade. So I asked the lady working at the make up desk to help me and she did not have a clue. She wouldn't open any to let me test any of them. Anyways, I assumed one of them would be best for me, I think it was Light that I wanted. But they had none left, so I decided to take my chances on the next lightest shade which was Cameo. Turns out there was a lighter colour - Beige. She could not tell me that. I really just should have waited for them to get more in. So I bought it anyways, and of course it was pretty dark.

BUT, it blended VERY well, so it actually just made my face look like I had a bit of sun. And it didn't look fake or bad, even in natural light. I love this! It gives my skin a really nice dewy glow w/o it looking too made up like foundation does. It's great for day time make up.

I just don't like the packaging...I think I got the old packaging. The pump is SUPER annoying. Every time I try to pump verrryyy lightly, but it ALWAYS squirts out and goes everywhere/too much comes out. They really need to change the pump. I also wish it came in a bigger bottle.

But overall, I will definitely buy again. I think Quo is a great brand with great value. Next time I'll be sure to get Light and the new packaging.

on 11/15/2008 1:42:00 AM

This is a gorgeous moisturizer as it provides a translucent tint to the face. However, if your are looking for fuller coverage then this is not the product for you. I love this product as it gives a radiant boost to my complexion. I have not experienced any negative skin reactions from this product. It blends seamlessly and effortlessly into my olive skin tone. It looks natural. The moisturizer contains a hint of shimmer to intensify the glowy effect. I recommend mixing a moisturizer with this one, because this product alone does not provide enough moisture to keep your foundation or powder from flaking. Otherwise, I found this product gives a sexy sunkissed sheen.

I like that it provides super sheer coverage - just enough to even out my skin tone. I also like that it has SPF, and that it's a Canadian company. I don't like the fact that the pump gets clogged and spurty, and I don't like the skin irritation after a few weeks of daily wear. My search for a good tinted moisturizer will have to continue.

on 3/17/2008 1:24:00 PM

I've been wearing this tint for over a week now and it seems to give my skin a nice natural glow.(I bought mine in light) There is however a sheen after you put it on but with a little pressed powder it sets. I wanted something to travel with so I don't have to carry moisterizer with spf, foundation with brush etc...The bottle is plastic... also a bonus. The price point was great ($8 cdn) at SDM. I guess Quo is trying to rid their inventory. I would repurchase this product but not likely because it will probably last awhile.

on 1/24/2008 10:12:00 PM

This product offers no coverage, and also turns skin very oily and shiny. The shade that i bought was to dark and orangey for me, and looked like i didn't know how to apply bronzer. I liked the idea of the shimmer, however, when the product goes on, it just makes you look even oilier. It did not stay on well at all. Also, i tried the revamped verion of it, but again same problems, except that the shimmer has been eliminated. Overall, i really don't see the point of this product.

on 1/4/2007 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what i like: sheer and shimmery. what i don't like: broke me out, made me look oily. returned right away.

on 8/24/2006 8:36:00 AM

Do not use this product if you need coverage or have oily skin. The cosmetician tried to push this new product on me, thankfully I tried the tester first. I could not find a shade pale enough for me. However, if you have lovely clear skin and want a touch of shimmery colour, this might be for you. That being said, I feel that no girl should settle for SPF 15, it just isn't enough.

on 5/4/2006 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think Quo has discontinued or revamped some products, and that's why they've all been on sale! I couldn't find Minimal Makeup, so thought this would be close...I have a feeling this product has replaced it. It's a very sheer, *slightly* shimmery tinted moisturizer with spf 15(octinoxate, octisalate, oxybenzone) which is great! It doesn't have much coverage but I find it does just enough to even out some blotchiness in my skin tone, it certainly doesn't have enough pigment to cover zits. It's very comfortable and the sheen is just enough for my skin, very oily girls might not like it because it is somewhat noticeable. There are only three shades, but the non-pinky tint of this should help to overcome that. I got light, and I am very fair skinned, I think this will even be fine once I've gotten that weensy bit of a summer tan.